Receding Hairline? Have A Picture From 6 Yrs Ago To Compare.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Left temple has quite a few miniturized hairs, noticed it around 8 months ago but haven't noticed any progression in hairloss, right temple is all good. Is my hairline maturing or can I expect to see a greater loss in the near future? My maternal grandfather started balding at the crown in his 30s and ended up fully bald after a decade, dad has a full head of hair at 53, his dad had hair till he was in his 80s. I have a picture of my hairline at 13 yrs old to compare, I am now 19.
DSC_0102~2.JPG
Screenshot_20190411-163550~2.png
DSC_0108~2.JPG

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like you've lost a little of your corners. It looks worse as your head has gotten bigger during puberty.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
100 % of hairlines of my friends have ''matured'' from 13 to 19-21. and most of them without having male pattern baldness right now at 26-27.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
100 % of hairlines of my friends have ''matured'' from 13 to 19-21. and most of them without having male pattern baldness right now at 26-27.
It was male pattern baldness in the end. Mature hairline is a bunch of bollocks. This is why I recommend people to get on finasteride asap.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline hasn't really changed much, I'm more of a thinner. The middle of my hairline looks like sh*t and you can visibly see miniaturisation. I'm below baseline from when I started finasteride 3.5 yrs ago

View attachment 188225
U should add oral minoxidill and add in topcial finasteride for extra dht blockage. Thats what I do.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
U should add oral minoxidill and add in topcial finasteride for extra dht blockage. Thats what I do.
I was thinking about adding oral minoxidil as it recently got added to the pharmacy I get finasteride from and isn't that expensive.

I'm hoping this is a shed because my hair looked good a few months ago.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking about adding oral minoxidil as it recently got added to the pharmacy I get finasteride from and isn't that expensive.

I'm hoping this is a shed because my hair looked good a few months ago.
Well I used to use the tablets but its a waste of Money when u can just drink the topical. 2 drops twice a day in water and drink. One old man used to take tabs for years but switched and it works just the same as the tablets he said. I have seen people get insane results by drinking the topical. Btw are you 25?

Last edited:

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I used to use the tablets but its a waste of Money when u can just drink the topical. 2 drops twice a day in water and drink. One old man used to take tabs for years but switched and it works just the same as the tablets he said. I have seen people get insane results by drinking the topical. Btw are you 25?
Oral is only £5 more expensive than topical for a 3 month supply here. And I'm 25 in 5 months. I'm grateful for this head of hair because the men on my mums side were much worse off at this age.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline hasn't really changed much, I'm more of a thinner. The middle of my hairline looks like sh*t and you can visibly see miniaturisation. I'm below baseline from when I started finasteride 3.5 yrs ago

View attachment 188225
I think this was just a shed, 1 month later and hair looks a bit thicker, back to baseline. I still don't like those damaged thin hairs being there, maybe minoxidil will help?

IMG_20240812_155802.jpg