Rooney dubbed Bobby Charlton by team mates

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
Spot on, Cassin. Besides, that was just an awful picture of Ferdinand, he looks perfectly normal:

ferdinand504962hb1.jpg

I think UMan is talking about what people say to him in person. Thats a little different than joking around on an anonymous internet forum that the person being made fun of will never see.
Secondly, if those two are really the same person... thats unbelievable. He looks perfectly normal in the red shirt, and down right scary in the other pic.

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
If there's any justice in the world, Ronaldo will lose his hair. He should learn the hard way that hair loss is no joke.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride is banned because it can mask steroid use, right? Do footballers do steroids? If so, why? For example, in the US, baseball and football have major steroid problems, but basketball does not. I would think soccer would be the same, in that steroid use wouldn't help much.
Second, wasn't this Rooney guy like NW3 or something? Thats not BALD, its balding, but its not BALD.

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
«After years of "slaphead" jibes from team-mates he plans to kick off the £100-a-month treatment as soon as the football season is over.»

A £100 a month for Propecia?! That is a lot of money!!

s.a.f

Reaction score
metropolis said:
«After years of "slaphead" jibes from team-mates he plans to kick off the £100-a-month treatment as soon as the football season is over.»

A £100 a month for Propecia?! That is a lot of money!!

Must be getting it from Norton or AHS. :thumbdown2:

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm probably the only Portuguese that does NOT admire Ronaldo. He's a dumb, arrogant prick. Everyone in Portugal speaks wonders of him and kisses his *** just because of his money.

(meanwhile, our scientists and medical researchers, those who actually work everyday to improve people's lives, have to leave Portugal because they can't find work here. What a sh** country!!)

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought Ronaldo has left Portugal too to make even more dough.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A tiny section in the paper today stated that infact, Rooney does not plan to take any medication or receive any treatment at the end of the season.

A source close to him said

'He accepts what is gone is gone'.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
ghg said:
I thought Ronaldo has left Portugal too to make even more dough.

Isn't Ronaldo from Brazil?

Yes, the original Ronaldo, El phenomenon, is from Brazil. I think he was the most complete striker to ever play the beautiful game before his shock injuries. He had it all, pace, skill, left and right foot and a good header. But I think that metropolis was referring to the more relevant Ronaldo today, Cristiano Ronaldo. He is Portuguese.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
How come nobody has mentioned that the refs always seem to be bald?

ali777

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

I think the refs are more likely to be bald than the players because of the age difference. The majority of the players are in their 20s, while top refs are more like 40+. Just goes to prove that balding is very normal for 40yo's.

The most famous ever football ref was Collina and he was proper bald. I've read in his auto-biography that he suffered from some sort of severe alopecia.

Howard Webb is probably considered to be the top PL ref right now, and he's bald as well.

We could get a full list of the active refs and do proper statistical analysis of the ratio of bald/balding refs, but that wouldn't prove anything. Apart from a few professions, ie acting, the ratio of bald men within the profession should be a reflection of the rest of the society.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
uncomfortable man said:

I think the refs are more likely to be bald than the players because of the age difference. The majority of the players are in their 20s, while top refs are more like 40+. Just goes to prove that balding is very normal for 40yo's.

The most famous ever football ref was Collina and he was proper bald. I've read in his auto-biography that he suffered from some sort of severe alopecia.

Howard Webb is probably considered to be the top PL ref right now, and he's bald as well.

We could get a full list of the active refs and do proper statistical analysis of the ratio of bald/balding refs, but that wouldn't prove anything. Apart from a few professions, ie acting, the ratio of bald men within the profession should be a reflection of the rest of the society.

Acting and politics. Very few bald men in elected office.

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
ClayShaw said:
[...] But I think that metropolis was referring to the more relevant Ronaldo today, Cristiano Ronaldo. He is Portuguese.

Yes, that's right. Cristiano Ronaldo is Portuguese. He was born in the beautiful Island of Madeira, where I'm currently living.