Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm. This may not be the place to post this, is so I apologise. But do you find this itch to be a standard itch or is it unusual? I ask because I had a terrible hormonal telogen effluvium shed that had an associated itch but it had a strange feeling... like itching didn't help, like a red ant biting from within, and would occasionally prick my scalp from inside.... I'm just trying to distinguish the Telogen Effluvium shed from the Androgenetic Alopecia feeling.
Naja, i do feel the same and have the same condition due to Telogne effluvium hormonal fluctuations. Nothing helped me for now. How long you are suffering from this condition ?

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• 1544811448741.jpg
    1544811448741.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 1,094

Naja

My Regimen
Reaction score
Naja, i do feel the same and have the same condition due to Telogne effluvium hormonal fluctuations. Nothing helped me for now. How long you are suffering from this condition ?
It's been going for a few years now on and off. I see that you are a man, so my situation will be somewhat different from yours. I changed and then stopped birth control pills which set off the worst shed ever, 3 months later hair was coming out in handfuls, scalp was having crawling and burning sensations (only on top where hair loss was much worse). It went on for about a year by which point I had to clip my hair up and back in very specific ways to hide bald patches. I of course told myself that it was anything other than Androgenetic Alopecia, checked iron, thyroid etc etc. The only relief from the burning was a mix of castor oil and peppermint/rosemary oil which was cooling and soothing. Eventually the crawling and burning faded into the weird "pinging" itch I described. The hair loss was not all over though, it is concentrated on the top front centre (of course). It only stopped when I became pregnant and almost all my hair density returned (though that one spot at the too front centre has since remained sparser than the rest). Now that I've had the Baby, brutal hair loss has resumed. Strangely the itch and burning has not. This is why I'm curious about the connection between those sensations and the different hair loss types.

A lot of folks on this board talk about the itch and I just am not sure if they're talking about the same "biting red ant" sensation that I experienced?

If you don't mind: as a man, what caused a hormonal telogen effluvium? How long has it lasted? Have you been diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia in addition to the Telogen Effluvium? Are you considering giving sandalore a try?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thank you for your contribution, @irulan
would you mind sharing what was the concentration and vehicle?
Was it the sandalore that is being sold on amazon?
I clearly see beautiful vellus to terminal conversion.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X15365386

"Sandalore induces strong Ca2+ signals in cultured human keratinocytes, which are mediated by OR2AT4, as demonstrated by receptor knockdown experiments using RNA interference."
Ca2+ is a very important caclium signal - I wonder if this has any relation to the calcification process proposed sometimes as the cause of balding.

Here I got this from wikipedia:
"In the endothelial cells which line the inside of blood vessels, Ca2+ ions can regulate several signaling pathways which cause the smooth muscle surrounding blood vessels to relax.[citation needed] Some of these Ca2+-activated pathways include the stimulation of eNOS to produce nitric oxide, as well as the stimulation of Kca channels to efflux K+ and cause hyperpolarization of the cell membrane. Both nitric oxide and hyperpolarization cause the smooth muscle to relax in order to regulate the amount of tone in blood vessels.[8] However, dysfunction within these Ca2+-activated pathways can lead to an increase in tone caused by unregulated smooth muscle contraction. This type of dysfunction can be seen in cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, and diabetes.[9]"

So perhaps Sandalore acts on the Ca2+ system, preventing calcification of the blood vessels?
This would show sandalore works to prevent atherosclerosis of scalp blood vessels, if applied topically.

Note that minoxidil increases nitric oxide as well : "Moreover, minoxidil contains a nitric oxide moiety and may act as a nitric oxide agonist."

(Another post regarding the calcification theory)

Nexusv6

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys

I started mixing 2 drops of sandal ore in 60 ml of minoxidil, several days after the thread was created. I am Norwood 3a or 4 and have been suffering hair loss since I was 14. I did no have any hope since I had tried everything. I have not taking anything in the las 15 years. The last year has been the worst since I didn’t manage to look decent in any way when looking at the mirror.

Since I started the treatment I have lost a lot of hair, and 3 weeks ago started to see baby hairs everywhere. In the vertex and also out. In zones I have not had hair in 10 years. Surprisingly, They are becoming rapidly terminal hairs.

What surprises me is that they appear very diffuse and separated, then new hairs come and fill the empty spaces. Right now the very few hair I had is really strong. I can put wax again. I think it is definitely working for me!!!!!!!

I didn’t no take any pic because I did not have any faith on it and I regret it.

Anybody else experiencing regrowth in zones that have been bald a decade ago???

It is weird, terminal hairs just come also isolated away from the vertex!

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys

I started mixing 2 drops of sandal ore in 60 ml of minoxidil, several days after the thread was created. I am Norwood 3a or 4 and have been suffering hair loss since I was 14. I did no have any hope since I had tried everything. I have not taking anything in the las 15 years. The last year has been the worst since I didn’t manage to look decent in any way when looking at the mirror.

Since I started the treatment I have lost a lot of hair, and 3 weeks ago started to see baby hairs everywhere. In the vertex and also out. In zones I have not had hair in 10 years. Surprisingly, They are becoming rapidly terminal hairs.

What surprises me is that they appear very diffuse and separated, then new hairs come and fill the empty spaces. Right now the very few hair I had is really strong. I can put wax again. I think it is definitely working for me!!!!!!!

I didn’t no take any pic because I did not have any faith on it and I regret it.

Anybody else experiencing regrowth in zones that have been bald a decade ago???

It is weird, terminal hairs just come also isolated away from the vertex!
Kindly tell me from where you purchased the sandalore??

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score
would anyone recommend mixing sandolore with pge2? I will take pictures of my progress if people convince me it can be more effective.

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score
I just bought sandolore. How do I use it? How much do I use? Can someone please give me some directions? thanks!

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score
Tressless used 1.5ml in 60ml of minoxidil according to his post, which is a 2.5% solution.

The majority of people are on a 1% solution on this forum.
Maybe it's time to up the %?

Can I mix this with pge2 instead?

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just bought sandolore. How do I use it? How much do I use? Can someone please give me some directions? thanks!
I don’t know how to mix but just picked up some off amazon and gonna mix with vanicream and give it a go.

MoMoney

Reaction score
Hey James or juice man. Thank you guys so much for your help. I just got my sandalore in the mail and I’m about to buy a couple 60ml bottles of minoxidil. Was wondering how many drops of sandalore you guys think i should Add to the bottle of minoxidil?