Saw a guy with high Norwood today with a really hot girl...

ali777

Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
maybe my standards are too high. I won't consider dating anyone less good-looking than Scarlett Johannson. :wub:

Part of her attraction is that she looks very "normal" and many people can relate to her.

dudemon said:
Actually, I think this is unusual. You aren't going to see many very beautiful women with bald guys, because it's not the norm. You will see a few here and there, but not that many - especially young ones in their 20's.

It's the old line again: It's all about confidence....

Two of the most promiscuous men I've known were bald. Most of the girls they were with were average or below average, but there was the occasional good looking girl.

One very sexy girl I know married a short, bald guy who is also 15 years older than her.... I don't know the guy, but I hear he's got a fat wallet...

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Actually, I think this is unusual. You aren't going to see many very beautiful women with bald guys, because it's not the norm. You will see a few here and there, but not that many - especially young ones in their 20's.

A bald guy who goes out and expects to land every hot girl he sees is in for a rude awakening - the same as any guy. But more so for bald guys, women on the whole are generally less attracted to bald men. Not to say some of them aren't bothered by it, but on the whole they aren't generally that interested in bald men.

And this becomes more pronounced the higher the guy gets on the Norwood scale. It's not impossible for a bald guy to be with hot chicks, just not very likely - although it does happen.

If a man with a full head of hair shaves his head completely, it's considered sexy. But if a man loses his hair due to male pattern baldness - he's a pathetic ugly bastard - what a world we live in..... :dunno:

Obsidian

Reaction score
dudemon said:

A bald guy who goes out and expects to land every hot girl he sees is in for a rude awakening - the same as any guy. But more so for bald guys, women on the whole are generally less attracted to bald men. Not to say some of them aren't bothered by it, but on the whole they aren't generally that interested in bald men.

And this becomes more pronounced the higher the guy gets on the Norwood scale. It's not impossible for a bald guy to be with hot chicks, just not very likely - although it does happen.

Why do I have a feeling that's not true, but instead the opinion of someone who thinks low of himself and others around him?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
The other day I was grocery shopping with my dad. I turn around the corner of an isle and there was this beautiful woman pushing her shopping cart. When we made eye contact, her eyes went immediately to my bald head and I could tell she was trying to supress her laughter to not seem overtly rude. I think most people don't realize how shallow they are. They glide through their privelaged lives of beauty and think they are good decent people but they are just shallow, judgemental b****s (not all, but many). People look at me like I am some sort of joke. It is hard to take...one of these days I am going to loose it and hurt someone. And Dude, all of the people who tell us that things aren't that bad have no idea what they are talking about because they all still have a socially acceptable amount of hair. Yes Ali, I'm talking to you.

ali777

Reaction score
Dude, this is not a personal battle between you and me..... My life is crap, but I keep telling myself tomorrow is going to be a better day. I can't let my hair rule my life.....

I was in town earlier today, like most of us here, I was paying attention to the heads to the people around my age. I do admit your level of baldness is rare even for 30+ yo's, but half the guys around my age have a degree of balding.

Every single time I go out, instead of feeling worse, I actually end up feeling better about myself. I see bald/balding people who look happy, I don't see why we can't be happy....

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
The other day I was grocery shopping with my dad. I turn around the corner of an isle and there was this beautiful woman pushing her shopping cart. When we made eye contact, her eyes went immediately to my bald head and I could tell she was trying to supress her laughter to not seem overtly rude. I think most people don't realize how shallow they are. They glide through their privelaged lives of beauty and think they are good decent people but they are just shallow, judgemental b****s (not all, but many). People look at me like I am some sort of joke. It is hard to take...one of these days I am going to loose it and hurt someone. And Dude, all of the people who tell us that things aren't that bad have no idea what they are talking about because they all still have a socially acceptable amount of hair. Yes Ali, I'm talking to you.

I don't think people go around laughing at bald men, because there are so many they'd spend all their time laughing! On the other hand it is more 'socially acceptable' for older men to be bald, so a 20 year old with a high Norwood does stand out from the crowd and may be mocked.

But we're not innocent here either. Let's say you're at a party and you see a really good looking woman, and an ugly one. Which are you going to try to chat up? even though the ugly one may be a lovely person, people take one look at her face and say: 'I'd be friends with her but I don't want her as my girlfriend.' we all do it.

ali777

Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
But we're not innocent here either. Let's say you're at a party and you see a really good looking woman, and an ugly one. Which are you going to try to chat up? even though the ugly one may be a lovely person, people take one look at her face and say: 'I'd be friends with her but I don't want her as my girlfriend.' we all do it.

:bravo: :agree:

barcafan

Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
[quote="uncomfortable man":3jccxsnc]The other day I was grocery shopping with my dad. I turn around the corner of an isle and there was this beautiful woman pushing her shopping cart. When we made eye contact, her eyes went immediately to my bald head and I could tell she was trying to supress her laughter to not seem overtly rude. I think most people don't realize how shallow they are. They glide through their privelaged lives of beauty and think they are good decent people but they are just shallow, judgemental b****s (not all, but many). People look at me like I am some sort of joke. It is hard to take...one of these days I am going to loose it and hurt someone. And Dude, all of the people who tell us that things aren't that bad have no idea what they are talking about because they all still have a socially acceptable amount of hair. Yes Ali, I'm talking to you.

I don't think people go around laughing at bald men, because there are so many they'd spend all their time laughing! On the other hand it is more 'socially acceptable' for older men to be bald, so a 20 year old with a high Norwood does stand out from the crowd and may be mocked.

But we're not innocent here either. Let's say you're at a party and you see a really good looking woman, and an ugly one. Which are you going to try to chat up? even though the ugly one may be a lovely person, people take one look at her face and say: 'I'd be friends with her but I don't want her as my girlfriend.' we all do it.[/quote:3jccxsnc]

Precisely.

GNUist (formerly FC)

Established Member
Reaction score
nerdwood said:
"Saw a guy with a high Norwood today with a really hot girl..."

OMG!!!! :dropmouth: Have 'Ripley's Believe It Or Not!' been contacted yet?

Ok, the initial post was a little over the top, but this takes the cake. Ripley's Believe it or Not has giant sharks and a 9 foot tall man, you really think some bald dude with a chick is that shocking? :roll:

CCS

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

Totally agreed.
But uncomfortable man, you got to realize that you can't change the market forces. And you can't debate someone into bed. If you want to start fights, you'll be starting a lot of them, and will lose eventually or go to jail. You got to just ignore the stuff, and go make friends with people who have stuff in common with you and don't care about your hair. Got to establish a social network. Learn what else you can do for fun besides sex, and work on your health and fitness. Put green tea on your face or something so when HM comes out, you can still have a youthful face to go with the hair.

I got more hair than you but I'm not chasing women now. Just watching my abs slowly develop while I get other aspects of my life in order.

CCS

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
barcafan said:
I love how so many people equate the success (or perhaps the 'acceptance of male pattern baldness') of their peers with the hotness of their partners.

sounds just as vain as the people you claim persecute you.
Probably because if someone who is hot thinks you're hot, that might make you hot by association. I couldn't picture myself with a perfect 10, it would feel weird. Too self concious that people thing she's too good 4 me.

I'd give them the finger. If I have sex, I'll ask for an STD test first. Problem with dating a perfect 10 is you might be afraid to insist on the test and risk her rejecting you. But you got to realise the high probability that maybe someone wants to give you herpes or something. I hear about it happening. Guy gets herpes. He remembers his Ex whom he hates, who wants to get back with him. So he calls her up and says sure, we can have sex tonight. Or a guy hates you, so he seduces your girl with herpes so she will give it to you. That is why if a woman just can't make up her mind if she wants you, or just feels drawn to someone else, you got to kick her to the curb fast and run. When you are horny and desperate it is hard not to beg her to date you instead, but you got to grow some self esteem, and just know that people don't date you because you beg. If you don't work on making yourself more attractive, your life will suffer.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
CCS.. what the f*ck are you on?

I think we should collect CCS's posts and publish them in a book - 'How to date women: the Norwood Method

It would seriously be a bestseller

:punk:

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no it would be called 'How to remain a virgin the rest of your Life' and be a best seller among Italian monks.

Seriously i usually find them funny but that last one shows why hes never been with a woman. Such a warped view on life and completely wrong. I would love to know how your parents raised you CCS cause man..they have fucked you well up.

s.a.f

Reaction score
CCS said:
Learn what else you can do for fun besides sex, and work on your health and fitness. Put green tea on your face or something so when HM comes out, you can still have a youthful face to go with the hair.

UM's face is good already and he does it on a diet of beer and cigarettes.

s.a.f

Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
no it would be called 'How to remain a virgin the rest of your Life' and be a best seller among Italian monks.

Seriously i usually find them funny but that last one shows why hes never been with a woman. Such a warped view on life and completely wrong. I would love to know how your parents raised you CCS cause man..they have f***ed you well up.

Yep thats the CCS theory if he's not attracting women it surely must be due to his looks alone, could'nt possibly be anything else could it? :whistle:

One day he'll get laid when he's around 45 and he'll come on here and say see I told you guys I was right! :hump:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:

This is true its a pretty shallow world we live in and although we're not all like CCS we are all guilty to some point.

For example yesterday I was looking at the photos of a girl I know on facebook, she is in her early 20's and very hot as are most of her freinds and then there is one girl who (and I dont know how to put this tactfully) is lets say not very blessed in the looks department,
infact you could say she really stands out from the crowd (and not in a good way, trust me I dont think I've ever seen a girl looking like this before, maybe she had some medical condition like acromegaly?)
I just felt terrible for this girl (even though I've never met her)because she must know that she looks very different to all her freinds and when they are out clubbing she must get treated differently by all the drunk guys hitting on her freinds.
And you just know that she's probably a real nice girl but I doubt that would count much in the minds of most guys.

CCS

Reaction score
Quantum Cat said:
I just tried putting Green Tea on my face - now I need to go to the ER.
Not hot tea. Don't blame me for that. Green tea extract in distilled water, room temp, with a little salicylic acid to preserve it if you don't want to make it fresh each day. Or warm it up a bit before adding the extract so it absorbs better, but not hot.

CCS

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
CCS said:
Learn what else you can do for fun besides sex, and work on your health and fitness. Put green tea on your face or something so when HM comes out, you can still have a youthful face to go with the hair.

UM's face is good already and he does it on a diet of beer and cigarettes.

Tell him I'm jelous of his face then. Mine is above average, but I'm afraid it will age soon, so that is why I'm in a hurry to get everything else done.