Scientists finally discover sugar that could cure male pattern baldness

resu

Reaction score
Kevin isn't too impressed:

I think if this is minoxidil without sides, it would be a good option provided it works on humans.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this the formula?

2dDR-SA hydrogel:

• 1.4 g of sodium alginate (6.416% w/w)
  • 250 mg of propylene glycol (1.146% w/w)
  • 82.5 mg of phenoxyethanol (0.375% w/w)
  • 86.62 mg of 2-deoxy-D-ribose sugar (0.394% w/w)
  • 20 mL of autoclaved water

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If this, on Amazon, is the same stuff, I'll buy it, make a cream or gel out of it, add it to my stack, and report back with results in 6 months.

https://www.amazon.com/Servings-Nat...ag=se&keywords=d-ribose&qid=1721884742&sr=8-4
It is not the same product.

The 2-deoxy-D-ribose (2dDR) sugar mentioned in the study is different from the D-ribose found in the products from Amazon or Grainger.

- **2-Deoxy-D-ribose (2dDR)** is an isomer of a deoxypentose monosaccharide, characterized by the absence of a hydroxyl group at the C-2 position. It is a specific compound used in scientific and biomedical research, particularly in studies of angiogenesis and tissue regeneration.

- **D-Ribose**, on the other hand, is a common monosaccharide that is a part of RNA and is widely used as a dietary supplement to enhance cellular energy, especially in people with mitochondrial diseases or heart disorders.

The products mentioned from Grainger and Amazon contain **D-ribose**, not **2-deoxy-D-ribose**. While both are sugars, they have different structures and biological functions. 2-deoxy-D-ribose is a more specialized compound typically acquired through chemical research suppliers, such as Chem-Impex International, which was the supplier used in the mentioned study.

We need to find a supplier and I can do the formula in a pharmacy from Andorra and test it.

resu

Reaction score
Any updates people seen online? Has anyone on reddit trying it out? The one I saw the photos were too ambiguous to take seriously.

xth5tgifbsmd1.jpg

This is nothing, the head is tilted and it makes the after look 0.1% better.

Last edited: