Should I buzz/shave it?

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
I can tell he receded at least 1/4 inch, but he does not look like he has male pattern baldness in that pic. I doubt women will know.

Actually I'm not sure if I have receeded at all, since my hairline has always been way up there... maybe I have receeded just a notch, but really nothing noticeable.

G

GrowHairGrow! said:
Trebor said:
I disagree.

It is hard to tell how much hairloss he has from that first pic, but I think he looks much better with hair.

Yes I agree, everyone looks better with hair... I'm just trying to adjust to my hairloss and hoping to look acceptable.

no trebor is wrong. you look much better with a shaved/buzzed look then with the longer hair before. MUCH better. just keep taking finasteride to preserve the roots and hairline in front. how buzzed is that? no guard? im going to get mine buzzed tomorrow hehe.

G

JayMan said:
GrowHairGrow! said:
Trebor said:
I disagree.

It is hard to tell how much hairloss he has from that first pic, but I think he looks much better with hair.

Yes I agree, everyone looks better with hair... I'm just trying to adjust to my hairloss and hoping to look acceptable.

no trebor is wrong. you look much better with a shaved/buzzed look then with the longer hair before. MUCH better. just keep taking finasteride to preserve the roots and hairline in front. how buzzed is that? no guard? im going to get mine buzzed tomorrow hehe.

It was 2 mm, I think.

G

all over or just on top? ok so 2 mm is like 1/12 of an inch. i'm prob going to buzz mine to a quarter inch all over, so that would be 6 mm. ill post pics of the cut if it doesn't look awful

thanks.

G

JayMan said:
all over or just on top? ok so 2 mm is like 1/12 of an inch. i'm prob going to buzz mine to a quarter inch all over, so that would be 6 mm. ill post pics of the cut if it doesn't look awful

thanks.

2 mm on top and 1 mm on sides, I think.

IBM

Reaction score
i think shaved head doesnt fit to you well. Your expression is sad with anger. So you look like those guys that love riots, holligans, etc...

You should buzz your head.

G

IBM said:
i think shaved head doesnt fit to you well. Your expression is sad with anger. So you look like those guys that love riots, holligans, etc...

You should buzz your head.

Sad with anger? What are you smoking?

G

Hehe, got first negative comments about my new look today.... one of the guys whom I play futsal (indoor soccer) with said that "Are you going to army or what?", I was like no way, I did my service like 5 years ago, then he jokingly made some stupid nazi comparison and I couldn't help but laugh... but it hurt inside a bit since it's not my f*****g choice. Well the dude is rather old, over 35 so I guess shaving wasn't very much in fashion when he was young, he probably expects balding dudes to sport the horse-shoe or something. Anyways, I don't think he had noticed that I'm balding which is strange since it was so obvious.

Still, my point is that those kinda comments make balding even harder to handle than it already is. You don't only have to accept it yourself, but you also have to listen to these insensitive comments from dudes with full head of hair.

IBM

Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
...then he jokingly made some stupid nazi comparison

I'll repeat....

"So you look like those guys that love riots, holligans, etc... " like a sad young with anger.

G

IBM said:
GrowHairGrow! said:
...then he jokingly made some stupid nazi comparison

I'll repeat....

"So you look like those guys that love riots, holligans, etc... " like a sad young with anger.

Don't really need your opinions, you don't seem like a stable person anyways, judging from your other posts. I'm balding, and I can't change my face now can I? So if I look like a nazi, then I do. I haven't got much of a choice in 1-2 years anyways.

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
What an absurd post. You don't look sad, angry, nazi-esque or anything. I find it amazing that anyone would attempt to extrapolate character from a picture of somebody, let alone share those crazy opinions with anyone. You look great, i'm sure once your friends see you with short hair for a little while, they'll stop joking about it.

G

Don't bother with IBM. I've tried to help him over and over again and sometimes it seems like he's just trolling and trying to irritate people on purpose with his posts. Hair looks great. I don't think you're even a NW2 yet. Maybe a Norwood 1.5. Are you diffuse?

G

JayMan said:
Don't bother with IBM. I've tried to help him over and over again and sometimes it seems like he's just trolling and trying to irritate people on purpose with his posts. Hair looks great. I don't think you're even a NW2 yet. Maybe a Norwood 1.5. Are you diffuse?

Thanks for the supportive posts the both of you "Jay's" :) .

Yeah I don't think I have receeded much at all... if I am a Norwood 1.5 like you suggest, then I have been one for all my life. Seriously, my hairline has never been lower... it sounds weird, but it's true. And yes, I am a diffuse thinner, just like you if I remember right. Diffuse thinning sucks, it's the most annoying form of balding IMO.

And when the guy told the "nazi joke" the other guys laughed in a way like "yeah right, he doesn't look like a nazi at all", if you know what I mean.

IBM

Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
IBM said:
[quote="GrowHairGrow!":10c3d]...then he jokingly made some stupid nazi comparison

I'll repeat....

Don't really need your opinions, you don't seem like a stable person anyways, judging from your other posts. I'm balding, and I can't change my face now can I? So if I look like a nazi, then I do. I haven't got much of a choice in 1-2 years anyways.[/quote:10c3d]

Of course you dont need. You do whatever you want and what is best for you. I just said my honest opinion.

If i did what i thought was best for me then i wouldnt be what i am now.

G

GrowHairGrow! said:
JayMan said:

Yeah I don't think I have receeded much at all... if I am a Norwood 1.5 like you suggest, then I have been one for all my life. Seriously, my hairline has never been lower... it sounds weird, but it's true. And yes, I am a diffuse thinner, just like you if I remember right. Diffuse thinning sucks, it's the most annoying form of balding IMO.

And when the guy told the "nazi joke" the other guys laughed in a way like "yeah right, he doesn't look like a nazi at all", if you know what I mean.

people who make nazi jokes about shaved heads are generally insecure about their own appearance. yeah it appears you are diffuse because your hairline is relatively low like mine and i don't see any real temple recession on you. it's normal to get a tiny bit as you age anyway, even without male pattern baldness.

diffuse thinning does suck but if you're on meds like finasteride and minoxidil it's better to have that than real deep, big bald spots and receding hairlines because finasteride and minoxidil aren't as effective on though as they are at reversing small amounts of loss like we have. our losses are minor to moderate so finasteride has a much better chance of reversing them and minoxidil does too. minoxidil is a pain if you are a diffuser but with hair that short it doesn't look like it'd be a pain at all. should dry pretty fast.

G

JayMan said:
GrowHairGrow! said:
JayMan said:

people who make nazi jokes about shaved heads are generally insecure about their own appearance. yeah it appears you are diffuse because your hairline is relatively low like mine and i don't see any real temple recession on you. it's normal to get a tiny bit as you age anyway, even without male pattern baldness.

diffuse thinning does suck but if you're on meds like finasteride and minoxidil it's better to have that than real deep, big bald spots and receding hairlines because finasteride and minoxidil aren't as effective on though as they are at reversing small amounts of loss like we have. our losses are minor to moderate so finasteride has a much better chance of reversing them and minoxidil does too. minoxidil is a pain if you are a diffuser but with hair that short it doesn't look like it'd be a pain at all. should dry pretty fast.

Yeah, you're right... but it's a shitty thing if I am a bad responder to finasteride, like it seems right now. I mean, the diffuse loss is usually faster and more aggressive than f. eg. receeding, and it requires shaving much earlier. I can't even use minoxidil, because when I tried it earlier this summer, it made my scalp flake and hurt like hell! There was no way I could live with that scalp pain.

G

GrowHairGrow! said:
Yeah, you're right... but it's a shitty thing if I am a bad responder to finasteride, like it seems right now. I mean, the diffuse loss is usually faster and more aggressive than f. eg. receeding, and it requires shaving much earlier. I can't even use minoxidil, because when I tried it earlier this summer, it made my scalp flake and hurt like hell! There was no way I could live with that scalp pain.

Diffuse loss isn't usually faster or more aggressive than receding. It varies from case to case I think. I have been losing my hair since I was 16, and well you've seen my hair 5 and a half years later, it's not that bad. And I've only been on meds for 3 months of that time. It can go very slowly , medium, or very fast for both diffuse and male pattern baldness.

G

I found a new thing to worry about... infact I've always known it but I think the shaving really reveals the problem, or then again I might be exaggerating it like usual.

654321.jpg

I find both my face and my head really slanting, e.g. my head is not symmetrical. Is it really very visible or am I exaggerating the whole thing in my head? Come on guys, give me honest opinions, I can take it.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you should go to the gym
the shaved head looks great on you but you cant do it without a bit of muscle
go to the gym
you really should