So I Went To A Party Last Night...let Me Add 7 More Words

frankwhite

My Regimen
Reaction score
Density is central, even when I was near Norwood 3, density was my saving grace. Makes you look healthy, style anyway you want (within the hairline limit) and associated with good hair which has a knock on effect on aesthetics. You'll see the difference soon enough. My hair is not thick like at 18, but it's still holding on enough, i plan on a mega FUE session all over in 4-5 years if the need arises. That's where hair transplants are limited generally, very difficult to attain the pre balding look in most cases, getting close to it is enough.

This, density is key. I barely noticed my slow transition from NW1 to NW2 since I kept my hair 4-5" long and my density was teenage level. It was only when the first inch of my hairline started to thin that I realized I had a problem.

The thing with hair transplants though, is that I was under the impression that transplanting into diffuse areas can cause shock loss, even if you are on finasteride. Maybe it's not as risky as I thought. Plus, the positive effects of finasteride don't last forever. If your ultimate genetic destiny is Steve Jobs, you'll eventually not have much density even if you exhaust donor and use finasteride. Only hope is some sort of advancement in treatment, be it new drugs, cloning, or whatever.

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It wasn't a massive one, but the first one I've been to since hairloss became an aesthetically damaging problem, though it has been improving with the treatments. First time since the beginning of it that I felt like going to such a gathering. I made a conscious decision to not think about hairloss at all.

There was this short, fat, NW7 there who was clearly one of these guys that Roberto would say thinks women are idiots who you can talk into sleeping with you. There was this woman in her mid 30s, a solid 8 and he wouldn't leave her alone. He was super f*****g creepy too; making every effort to touch her and openly flirt with her despite her telling him numerous times that she has a boyfriend and even facetimed him right beside balding dude. At one point, she just looked at me while he was talking and rolled her eyes.

There was this other dude there, a NW1 and right from the start of the night he wouldn't let up on NW7 about his baldness. Just dig after dig at him. Karma and the sad reality of baldness, I suppose.

I told myself I wasn't going to think about hairloss and it was a constant focus of the night regardless. An ugly NW7 who is clearly coping and a NW1 with an endless supply of bald jokes...

Every day I am reminded of why I have to stick with the treatment. Don't fall into the Norwood Hell like that Nw7 no matter the cost. I may be that guy, but I never want to be that guy.

Everyone here knows i hate being bald, it makes me unhappy etc but

...if anyone ever tried to attack me for being bald I would shut them down so fast.

What is wrong with you people? I keep hearing these stupid stories of someone making a joke about you being bald? Why don't you just insult them back? It's really easy, just make a joke about some imperfection of theirs, no matter how minor and keep picking at it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's even worse for ugly guys who aren't socially retarded like that NW7 guy. Being at parties trying to talk to a girl and just see her eyes looking at her friends for help, answering you in the least amount of words possible. Finding a way to end the conversations without letting her know she crushed your soul.
Scouting out the ugliest girl in the room, still get treated like you're Quasimodo.
451143-7-1259418966965.jpg

Getting drunk out of your mind still having thoughts like what's the point of being here.

If you're young, ugly, and not socially inept going to parties is asking for the ounce of confidence you have to get rekt.

I remember going to a sorority party when I was 22 or 23. I had full hair at the time.

I walked up to one of the organizers to thank her for organizing a nice party. She contorted her body in disgust before i got close to her and ran away as a defensive measure before I could talk to her.

I'm not the most socially acute person. But it takes very little social IQ to know when a girl is disgusted by your very existence.

frankwhite

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone here knows i hate being bald, it makes me unhappy etc but

...if anyone ever tried to attack me for being bald I would shut them down so fast.

What is wrong with you people? I keep hearing these stupid stories of someone making a joke about you being bald? Why don't you just insult them back? It's really easy, just make a joke about some imperfection of theirs, no matter how minor and keep picking at it.

Eh, sometimes it's better to completely blow it off if someone takes a shot at you rather than try insulting them back. Big risk that you will come back with an insult that is (a) weak and just makes you look petty/dumb, or (b) too harsh and makes you look deranged/deeply affected by the guy's insult. Either way you lose.

Easiest strategy is to act unmoved/not giving a f*** about what some other dude says, and say something that downplays the insult without showing you're insulted. "Yeah, okay buddy. I know I've got a pretty head, thanks for noticing." *eyeroll, change subject* Something like that.

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Eh, sometimes it's better to completely blow it off if someone takes a shot at you rather than try insulting them back. Big risk that you will come back with an insult that is (a) weak and just makes you look petty/dumb, or (b) too harsh and makes you look deranged/deeply affected by the guy's insult. Either way you lose.

Easiest strategy is to act unmoved/not giving a f*** about what some other dude says, and say something that downplays the insult without showing you're insulted. "Yeah, okay buddy. I know I've got a pretty head, thanks for noticing." *eyeroll, change subject* Something like that.

No that's a terrible strategy, it makes you look like a loser who can't stand up for himself or take part in playful joking, you need to stand your ground and make a joke back. They started it. Literally anything that is wrong with them or their life make a joke about it, very important not seem angry though, you need to come off as if you are amused by them.

herehairhere

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's even worse for ugly guys who aren't socially retarded like that NW7 guy. Being at parties trying to talk to a girl and just see her eyes looking at her friends for help, answering you in the least amount of words possible. Finding a way to end the conversations without letting her know she crushed your soul.
Scouting out the ugliest girl in the room, still get treated like you're Quasimodo.
451143-7-1259418966965.jpg

Getting drunk out of your mind still having thoughts like what's the point of being here.

If you're young, ugly, and not socially inept going to parties is asking for the ounce of confidence you have to get rekt.

Both the elephant man and Quasimodo were NW0 and they would have been slayers if they had hit the gym more often.

frankwhite

My Regimen
Reaction score
No that's a terrible strategy, it makes you look like a loser who can't stand up for himself or take part in playful joking, you need to stand your ground and make a joke back. They started it. Literally anything that is wrong with them or their life make a joke about it, very important not seem angry though, you need to come off as if you are amused by them.

Yeah, depends on the situation. If you know something about the person that you can make a joke out of, then by all means turn it into playful joking. I was thinking more in terms of some random douche at a party, where making a bald crack would most likely come off as lame anyway.

In any scenario, agreed that it's critical to appear unmoved/mildly amused.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys, density (having a lot of thick hair) is the key.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You basically summed up my experiences with parties (and house parties in the UK).

And my hair loss was not even noticeable at the time. I don't even want to think about how they'd treat me now that I'm Norwood 4.

honestly i think they would just ignore you completely man. wouldnt even acknowledge your presence.

when was the last time you went to a party?

uhoil

Established Member
Reaction score
I hate parties nowadays, 3 years ago before hair loss I could go and actually have fun you know, no worries at all

Parties these days consists of me dissapearing to the bathroom every 20 minutes to check up on my hair and make sure my thinning hairline dont show much, the anxiety makes me sweat and my hair ends up looking like sh*t by the end of the night... the worst part is girls have a sixth sense for this, they sense when you're nervous as hell

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am starting to wonder if any of these stories are even completely true (no offense OP). I mean, who the f*** do you guys hang out with that would make bald jokes in public? f*****g 14 year olds?

You really think I'm going to post a bullshit story when I've regularly accused others of doing just that?

Anyway, now that I'm typing on an actual computer instead of the tablet, allow me to elaborate:

It's not as if the two guys never had any civil conversation. NW1 genuinely thought his jokes were hilarious. Loud, sort of obnoxious people tend to see behavior like this as friendly "razzing". The problem is, they often don't realize it can be really rude, especially to people you just met. Some people assume that you're just accepting of something you have that is beyond your control.

I had one friend we all called the "fat man" in the group, because he was overweight and had "fat-man charisma"...but he knew it and called himself the "fat guy". He owned it. Kinda like King of Queens Kevin James. However, it would be foolish for me to assume everyone who is overweight would be okay with this sort of nickname.

While I do agree that a lot of posters' stories about bald people being mistreated are exaggerate or even completely fabricated, people can most definitely be real dicks in public. I used to have long hair and got harassed because of it frequently; even got in a fight with a guy in a mall once about it.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate parties nowadays, 3 years ago before hair loss I could go and actually have fun you know, no worries at all

Parties these days consists of me dissapearing to the bathroom every 20 minutes to check up on my hair and make sure my thinning hairline dont show much, the anxiety makes me sweat and my hair ends up looking like sh*t by the end of the night... the worst part is girls have a sixth sense for this, they sense when you're nervous as hell

ALCOHOL MY FRIEND

LOTS OF IT

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you still need some of a hair line.

Anything beyond this hairline is the cliff:

View attachment 46961

yeah see i know that look is popular atm, but i hate it. i dont really like the combover look in general, but even more so on a balding guy. im sure others think it looks great. like i said man, i prefer more random styles.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You really think I'm going to post a bullshit story when I've regularly accused others of doing just that?

Anyway, now that I'm typing on an actual computer instead of the tablet, allow me to elaborate:

It's not as if the two guys never had any civil conversation. NW1 genuinely thought his jokes were hilarious. Loud, sort of obnoxious people tend to see behavior like this as friendly "razzing". The problem is, they often don't realize it can be really rude, especially to people you just met. Some people assume that you're just accepting of something you have that is beyond your control.

I had one friend we all called the "fat man" in the group, because he was overweight and had "fat-man charisma"...but he knew it and called himself the "fat guy". He owned it. Kinda like King of Queens Kevin James. However, it would be foolish for me to assume everyone who is overweight would be okay with this sort of nickname.

While I do agree that a lot of posters' stories about bald people being mistreated are exaggerate or even completely fabricated, people can most definitely be real dicks in public. I used to have long hair and got harassed because of it frequently; even got in a fight with a guy in a mall once about it.

hang on...some random guy in a mall gave you sh*t about your long hair and you got into a punch up? no common man, trolling surely

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

ok, yeah I can see it, as I have a couple of "friends" that have pointed out my hair loss as well before and thought they were being funny. I just read it as him being rude about it or something.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score