So I Went To A Party Last Night...let Me Add 7 More Words

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
From the way that you write I thought you were in a terrible situation.

That hair line is workable in the picture and if he styled it better he would look good.

well, I am. I may have more hair because I still "have hair" every where. but it's diffused thin, pretty bad. that guy has a diffused thin combover with NW3.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lucky bastard!!!!!

dude, if you have LESS hair than that guy then you're BALD. wherever he still has hair, it's super thin and combed over.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
dude, if you have LESS hair than that guy then you're BALD. wherever he still has hair, it's super thin and combed over.

i am f*****g bald man!!

i hide it with funky haircuts and concealer

norwood 7 in my future. NORWOOD 7!!

im praying for these treatments in next few years

please god hope brotzu works

ps did u ever use seti in the end. i was looking over the thread the other day

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I rocked a combover in my early 20's (I shave now obvs). It's a funny one. 90% of people's knee jerk reaction on places like Reddit, BaldTruth etc. is 'oh once you get to a diffuse NW3 or so, you need to f*****g shave it'. Nonsense. When I still had enough hair to construct a kind of thinning, bird's nest combover, I looked a thousand times better than I now do slick bald (at the back of my head anyway). Rock the combover/ratty thin 'fullhead' for as long as you can I say. Obviously its far from ideal. But the jump from a just about presentable head of hair to a patchy 2mm buzzcut is massive. Thinning hair is sh*t, but going cue-ball is another level entirely. Your sex/social life just jettisons.

colin f.png

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I rocked a combover in my early 20's (I shave now obvs). It's a funny one. 90% of people's knee jerk reaction on places like Reddit, BaldTruth etc. is 'oh once you get to a diffuse NW3 or so, you need to f*****g shave it'. Nonsense. When I still had enough hair to construct a kind of thinning, bird's nest combover, I looked a thousand times better than I now do slick bald (at the back of my head anyway). Rock the combover/ratty thin 'fullhead' for as long as you can I say. Obviously its far from ideal. But the jump from a just about presentable head of hair to a patchy 2mm buzzcut is massive. Thinning hair is sh*t, but going cue-ball is another level entirely. Your sex/social life just jettisons.

i think it depends man. depends on the person, what your style is, how your recession is.

i f*****g hate the combover, especially a balding one. id prefer to rock a crazy hair cut like a mohawk or something, or just buzz it. i like the buzz cut, but i am good looking and nice head shape so im lucky

as much as balding sucks, guys should take advantage that the combover is in style at the moment. it hides hair loss really well. same with hair transplants. hair transplants if really bald can only give thin coverage, but combover helps with illusion of more.

think wayne rooney. how the f*** would he style that stupid hair if he wasnt doing the combover. hed be fucked. but with some concealer he can get away with it, its stylish atm.

Wayne-Rooney.jpg

lol

blackg

Reaction score
.. guys should take advantage that the combover is in style at the moment.
It is?
To me it's becoming a relic of the early to mid 2000's.
The lesbian pompadour has been the dominant style for the last few years, at least.

This pompadour hairstyle takes no prisoners either.
Any hint of recession and your inferior genetics are on display for the whole world to pass judgement on as you go about your daily business.

The Beiber combover is history.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is?
To me it's becoming a relic of the early to mid 2000's.
The lesbian pompadour has been the dominant style for the last few years, at least.

This pompadour hairstyle takes no prisoners either.
Any hint of recession and your inferior genetics are on display for the whole world to pass judgement on as you go about your daily business.

The Beiber combover is history.

this is what i mean by the combover

p55422.png

short sides and back and hair combover middle

its still very in style here in uk anyway. maybe aus is different

yeah those crazy 'lesbian' (lol) haircuts have got big recently, but the simple combover still big here

Oncall

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can so relate to this thread. The funny thing is that when I went to parties from 16/17 onwards I went to get laid. Same as night clubs. The sad thing is that I began to slightly recede at the temples at 18. I became so depressed and withdrawn. I would always use alcohol ( a lot) and the stupid thing is that I had long, thick curly hair and women would come up to me and rave about my hair. Despite whatever compliments I got I still felt like sh*t deep down and had to battle feeling depressed and obsessed about going bald.
I missed out on a lot of roots when I look back. Lol. Unnecessarily because the girls had no idea what was going on in my head and to them they just saw a guy with great hair. I feel for you young guys (late teens/20's) as the whole baldness obsession just sabotages you from enjoying your age and the sh*t non balding guys take for granted. Hind sight is a wonderful thing.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
hang on...some random guy in a mall gave you sh*t about your long hair and you got into a punch up? no common man, trolling surely

Not quite, I shoved him and he was going to punch me but his friend stopped it as he was huge. So we pretty much just traded threats and insults lol

I would've lost since I was like 16 at the time and the guy was much older and bigger.

I wound up working in that same mall a few years later. Security is crap there, so that's probably why they never showed up.

Used to get in a lot of arguments like that about my hair with random people. It's been so long I don't even remember what this guy said that pissed me off so bad

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hindsight, much like the year many are looking forward to, is 2020

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not quite, I shoved him and he was going to punch me but his friend stopped it as he was huge. So we pretty much just traded threats and insults lol

I would've lost since I was like 16 at the time and the guy was much older and bigger.

I wound up working in that same mall a few years later. Security is crap there, so that's probably why they never showed up.

Used to get in a lot of arguments like that about my hair with random people. It's been so long I don't even remember what this guy said that pissed me off so bad

lol random

just guys being dicks i guess

Oncall

My Regimen
Reaction score
sunchyme1,
I'm referring to 'hindsight' in the context of 'learning from it.' I just turned 50 and still we are all our own worst enemy. At a party every single person there has only one person on their mind. Themselves!!!! They don't give a f*** about others just like we don't (because we are stuck on our hair issues) The chick with the fat arse. The guy who's 5 ft tall, etc. No one gives a flying continental about our hair loss like we ourselves do. I know I did big time in my early twenties (and still do but to a much lesser extent). I'm not disagreeing with you but qualifying what I mean.
Regards,
Oncall.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone here knows i hate being bald, it makes me unhappy etc but

...if anyone ever tried to attack me for being bald I would shut them down so fast.

What is wrong with you people? I keep hearing these stupid stories of someone making a joke about you being bald? Why don't you just insult them back? It's really easy, just make a joke about some imperfection of theirs, no matter how minor and keep picking at it.

I remember you've said this quite a few times before and even gave examples (which were really weak sounding insults to be honest, like 15 year old "yo momma" style stuff) and my reaction, as it's probably been before, is that biting back at someone for making fun of your hair line very rarely makes you look good.

In all likelihood your response will either be weak, off topic and irrelevant, or it will be over the top harsh, and everyone will look down at you as a bitter bald guy who can't deal with this silly little hair loss thing lol. Either option is incredibly cringe worthy, equally so as it doesn't get much worse socially than either result.

I mean do you actually shut people down so fast when it comes to it? I'm sorry to doubt you but if you actually do this, and don't come off looking like a dick, then you have a talent at quips and comebacks that 99% of men do not have, and no it's certainly not "easy" in a group situation, getting your hair made fun of and coming up with a relevant comeback that doesn't sound childish or incredibly hate filled.

Dignified silence and ignoring it/changing the subject, and hope, just hope that someone around will feel some sympathy that you're uncomfortable and insecure with it (in my experience this has actually happened) is really the best option. For 95% of adults making fun of someone's looks is just a douche move anyway, even if it is over "just baldness", it's not socially acceptable past the age of 17 to randomly make fun of people, by not retaliating and freezing the person out of that situation, you remain dignified and make them look even worse.

Maybe you think that's a "pussy move" but hey, if you really do retaliate with people and give "comebacks" then I'd say it's very likely you don't realise people's reactions that you actually shift the balance into you looking like a dick.

I mean, do you have an example? Again I hate questioning you or calling you out on it, but an example of how someone made fun of your hair, and how you cleverly made fun of them and evaded the situation, to the approval of your social peers, this would really help people out if your advice is to act like you do.

blackg

Reaction score
I remember you've said this quite a few times before and even gave examples (which were really weak sounding insults to be honest, like 15 year old "yo momma" style stuff) and my reaction, as it's probably been before, is that biting back at someone for making fun of your hair line very rarely makes you look good.

In all likelihood your response will either be weak, off topic and irrelevant, or it will be over the top harsh, and everyone will look down at you as a bitter bald guy who can't deal with this silly little hair loss thing lol. Either option is incredibly cringe worthy, equally so as it doesn't get much worse socially than either result.

I mean do you actually shut people down so fast when it comes to it? I'm sorry to doubt you but if you actually do this, and don't come off looking like a dick, then you have a talent at quips and comebacks that 99% of men do not have, and no it's certainly not "easy" in a group situation, getting your hair made fun of and coming up with a relevant comeback that doesn't sound childish or incredibly hate filled.

Dignified silence and ignoring it/changing the subject, and hope, just hope that someone around will feel some sympathy that you're uncomfortable and insecure with it (in my experience this has actually happened) is really the best option. For 95% of adults making fun of someone's looks is just a douche move anyway, even if it is over "just baldness", it's not socially acceptable past the age of 17 to randomly make fun of people, by not retaliating and freezing the person out of that situation, you remain dignified and make them look even worse.

Maybe you think that's a "pussy move" but hey, if you really do retaliate with people and give "comebacks" then I'd say it's very likely you don't realise people's reactions that you actually shift the balance into you looking like a dick.

I mean, do you have an example? Again I hate questioning you or calling you out on it, but an example of how someone made fun of your hair, and how you cleverly made fun of them and evaded the situation, to the approval of your social peers, this would really help people out if your advice is to act like you do.
So many good points you raised, h.l.
It's easy to talk the talk when on an anonymous forum and telling people what they should do when mocked for their hair loss.

My guess is that this cocohot guy hasn't had his inferior hair genetics called out when in a casual social situation.
I actually don't think he himself has been put in that particular "hotseat."

I could be wrong, but....

If he responds to your queries, my guess is that he will will most likely come up with something good.
I mean, how hard is it to relay a "true" event to an online forum (just ask Fred), especially when you have all the time in the world to do it?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
If he responds to your queries, my guess is that he will will most likely come up with something good. I mean, how hard is it to relay a "true" event to an online forum (just ask Fred), especially when you have all the time in the world to do it?

I have been called out for my hair loss before. I was at a party just hanging out and chatting with a group of people. This full head shows up with his 9/10 girlfriend and his hot sister. He gestures in my direction and says: "What the hell is going on with the top of your head bro?" Without hesitation I stood up and said: "The only head you should be worried about is this one", then unzipped my pants and whipped my dick out. A few minutes later, I left the party with his girlfriend and his sister and took them back to my place to have sex. I did have pics of the encounter on my iphone, but unfortunately it got stolen so you will just have to take my word for it.

Last edited: