So I'm practically bald now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like most of you know, I cut my hair to #0 on clippers 2.5 weeks ago. Well now it has grown in and it's about the length of my "usual" cut which is 3mm. But what do you know, my hair has thinned drastically during the the last few weeks. I'm not making this up, my hair on top looks lifeless, VERY thin and it's practically non-existant. The strands are not even there, and I could see them a month ago. I got just single hairs here and there, no strands at all. Even in the very dim light in the middle of the night I can see right through my whispy hair on mirror. And all this without any artificial lighting, and it's almost dark. I'm very damn depressed right now, and I'm gonna tell it to my family tomorrow. I've been struggling with my hairloss for over 2 years and I haven't got any support from them whatsoever... I think now it's time to get some. I probably need some serious therapy and maybe even medicines to get through this, I haven't felt my old self since I noticed my hairloss. And now it's getting so heavy that I have no choice but to start sporting a #0 from now on. It's not fooling anyone anymore. I got no one else but my family so I'd really like to receive some sort of support from them because it feels I cannot make this on my own. To lose your hair in 2 frigging years is something horrible, indescribable.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
Like most of you know, I cut my hair to #0 on clippers 2.5 weeks ago. Well now it has grown in and it's about the length of my "usual" cut which is 3mm. But what do you know, my hair has thinned drastically during the the last few weeks. I'm not making this up, my hair on top looks lifeless, VERY thin and it's practically non-existant. The strands are not even there, and I could see them a month ago. I got just single hairs here and there, no strands at all. Even in the very dim light in the middle of the night I can see right through my whispy hair on mirror. And all this without any artificial lighting, and it's almost dark. I'm very damn depressed right now, and I'm gonna tell it to my family tomorrow. I've been struggling with my hairloss for over 2 years and I haven't got any support from them whatsoever... I think now it's time to get some. I probably need some serious therapy and maybe even medicines to get through this, I haven't felt my old self since I noticed my hairloss. And now it's getting so heavy that I have no choice but to start sporting a #0 from now on. It's not fooling anyone anymore. I got no one else but my family so I'd really like to receive some sort of support from them because it feels I cannot make this on my own. To lose your hair in 2 frigging years is something horrible, indescribable.

that sucks man. it doesn't help that you don't know how to smile. seems like u lost the most hair over the last few wks according to this recent post. hopefully some sessions on the 'ole leather couch at the corner shrink help you deal with your self image.

do you think u'll continue posting here? really no need to cuz you know what everyone thinks about you...that you look great with a shaved head. u'll need to go somewhere else where they think otherwise so you'll be welcome to be depressed. ur the minority here....one who looks good with a shaved head. im in that group also...but thankfully i love it!

gl

beaner

Reaction score
Can you post some pics from when you first started posting here until now? I'd really like to see the change. I've seen your recent pictures and can't tell the difference...you seem far from "practically bald".

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
beaner said:
Can you post some pics from when you first started posting here until now? I'd really like to see the change. I've seen your recent pictures and can't tell the difference...you seem far from "practically bald".

I can't find the pics right now but it really has gone a lot worse during this last month or so. My whole top is see-through on any lighting now. This is the pic from a month ago and it wasn't good back then either:

04062008068gs8.jpg

The lighting is dim and there's no flash in the camera I used.

beaner

Reaction score
You are thin on top, but I've seen much worse! Do you think dropping finasteride had anything to do with your recent loss?

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
beaner said:
You thin on top, but I've seen much worse! Do you think dropping finasteride had anything to do with your recent loss?

It might have, I don't know really. I wasn't gaining any on finasteride either. My head is nowhere as itchy now so the sudden loss seems weird!

t_awry

Reaction score
Brutality. At the very least you can look relatively good w/ a shaved head until some new advent comes about, which isn't an ideal consolation, but in the land of the bald, the man who can look alright w/ a shaved head is king.

Otherwise, consider a series of FUE sessions to maximize a look that can be worn w/ shortish hair.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
A new pic would be good... but honestly, and from what I can tell, your hair looks pretty decent.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Just a little diffuse on top. With your hair that short and looking down at that angle, the hairs are foreshortened and it makes it look worse than it really is. Take a look at the David Beckham is going bald thread, same situation with you. You still have a ways to go before you are "practically" bald. I think your BDD might be flaring up as well.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
Your thin area looks like it is unusually narrow. If it doesn't get wider with time, I think you'll be a good hair transplant candidate.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course it gets wider, it's the female pattern balding. The ludwig scale or whatever, it starts from the middle and widens. 2 years ago I had only little thinning right in the center. Now it has widened to cover almost the whole top of my head and probably continues to widen until I'm totally bald on top.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yeah, your thinning pattern is strange for a guy. I've seen it before on a few mexicans where the top is thin but they have that barrier of hair along the hairline like yours. Well you know it looks cool shaved so I hope that is a consolation for you.

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
I've friends with no male pattern baldness with buzzed hair, and their hair in the pictures we took at events, look very similar with that pic that you showed here. Some have more density and thickness, some less density and thinner

amsch

Reaction score
Are you currently doing anything against your hairloss, except of the buzz? If you have the money, i'd really try Revivogen. Seems to work best for diffuse thinners.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
All I'm using is minoxidil foam and it seems it has managed to thicken and darken the hairs I'm using it on. Unfortunately I don't think I have gotten any real regrowth from it. finasteride caused sides and didn't help, had to stop. Revivogen really is too expensive for me at the moment. Unfortunately.

I see men who have balded in Ludwig scale from time to time, it's not THAT rare. For example my sisters husbands father has balded that way (trying not to sound too CCS lol).

lock

Reaction score
that is how you took the pic you #&$"..you can reproduce that on your sides if you part the hair and use a similar light and angle (try it, then you get to say that your sides are gone too. the inside of your head worries me much more than the outside in your case. get help.

masculineyourheart

Established Member
Reaction score
I really don't get people like lock here who need to see someone completely bald before they'll believe they're balding.

Be supportive or at least constructive, otherwise piss off mate.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
lock said:
that is how you took the pic you #&$"..you can reproduce that on your sides if you part the hair and use a similar light and angle (try it, then you get to say that your sides are gone too. the inside of your head worries me much more than the outside in your case. get help.

I'm not into this pre-puberty bullshit right now. Similar light and angle? The picture was took almost in the middle of the night and the lighting was kinda dim. The camera doesn't have much of a flash in itself. Part the hair? Sorry it's too short for parting, it is what it is, I can't manipulate it. Maybe it's you who should seek for help if someone's post pisses you off like that.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did you post the updated photo?

What ticks actual bald people off is when someone who is thinning says "im almost bald". You are not even close, I"m sorry. Not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.