So I'm practically bald now

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Theres a guy at work with similar diffuse to you except to ad even more insult he grows it slightly longer and spikes it with gel and although you can clearly see his entire scalp nobody thinks of him as bald/balding because he still has a low hairline and yet someone who has thick density but recession thats NW3 or above is instantly classed as going bald.

GHG, yes you have visible thinning, but how noticable is it outside of a hairloss forum? Theres hairloss and then theres baldness and theres a big difference between the two.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
beaner said:
04062008068gs8.jpg

if i saw this pic, and was not looking for hairloss, i would not think this person was going bald at all.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Theres a guy at work with similar diffuse to you except to ad even more insult he grows it slightly longer and spikes it with gel and although you can clearly see his entire scalp nobody thinks of him as bald/balding because he still has a low hairline and yet someone who has thick density but recession thats NW3 or above is instantly classed as going bald.

GHG, yes you have visible thinning, but how noticable is it outside of a hairloss forum? Theres hairloss and then theres baldness and theres a big difference between the two.

That's what I'm saying. Using thinning, ok. Saying "i am practically bald" is offensive to people who are bald. It's like me telling people who are quadrapalegic (did i spell that right?) that I am "almost paralyzed" because I have some back pain.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I got a shorter haircut today. I look really bad with it and I'm 100% sure I would look better, if I was bald. I need long hair or a bald head.

Obsidian

Reaction score
That is not bald. I have had that as a young kid, you luckily also have light colored hair so it is not a heavy contrast between your hair and scalp color.

ali777

Reaction score
Shall we compare?

04062008068gs8.jpg

file.php

What I mean is that, most of the people here think DB isn't balding. I think he is thinning, but that's just me.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
If we are already comparing...

Your hair vs. mine

04062008068gs8.jpg

hairhi5.jpg

...and so far no one hasn't told me that I'm balding!!!

So, shut up...and play PES6

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Amarant said:
I got a shorter haircut today. I look really bad with it and I'm 100% sure I would look better, if I was bald. I need long hair or a bald head.

You won't be saying that if you go bald.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Why don't we just compare shlongs while were at it? :gay:

Obsidian

Reaction score
Seriously GHG look at this and then look at your picture, I bet you if you compared both pictures to a person on the street neither one would say they are balding.
BoEM_014.jpg

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
McGregor's pic was took in bright studio lighting with a proper camera. Not in a dim lighting with a camera that doesn't have a flash.

uncomfortable man said:
Why don't we just compare shlongs while were at it? :gay:

You'd love that wouldn't you?

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually I would say that it was brighter in your room. It's natural light, bouncing off the walls and hitting your hair from each side.

Seriously, I think that you are over reacting.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey GHG, you're not balding at all mate! I wish I could have your hairline. Have you ever considered growing it longer?

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dave, no it can't be grown longer, it will look even more ridiculous than it does now. I say no-no to the bozo the clown look. And for the last time: yes my hairline is intact, it hasn't receded one inch. Yes I do know that. I'm thinning, not receding.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
GHG, I am curious what you think. Do you think someone can have thinning but not balding? Or do you consider them the same thing?

s.a.f

Reaction score
BoEM_014.jpg

Unfortunatley there are some people on here who consider this to be an example of someone with m.p.b. :jackit:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
Dave, no it can't be grown longer, it will look even more ridiculous than it does now. I say no-no to the bozo the clown look. And for the last time: yes my hairline is intact, it hasn't receded one inch. Yes I do know that. I'm thinning, not receding.

No you said "im practically bald now".

I mean CMON!

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
GHG, I am curious what you think. Do you think someone can have thinning but not balding? Or do you consider them the same thing?

Where did I say that? I said that I'm not receding but only thinning, not that I'm not balding. I am balding, be sure of that.

HatPrisoner91 said:
No you said "im practically bald now".

I mean CMON!

Did I contradict myself at some point? As a 25 yr old in a situation where I can't grow my hair at all because it's too thin and whispy on top, I do consider myself practically bald. If you don't agree, that's fine with me. I know my own situation best. My current situation means without a doubt that I'll be completely bald way before I hit 30. Things don't even need speeding up, with the current speed I probably have 1 year with hair of any kind. Considering that the meds don't work for me.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Are you taking any meds? I don't think you can handle a shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.