So what do you do in social situations?

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Well just had another disappointing social outing..i was out with these two friends whom i get along with just fine (always have a good time etc) and close to the end of our night, i'm sitting down on some bench while the other two (a guy and girl) are standing above me talking, suddenly the guy looks down on me and says "Hey let me look at your hair line" and quickly reaches towards my damn hair..i don't know if i contained my 'WTF look' but i quickly edged away and said something along the lines of "i don't like you touching me" which he seemed to think was funny, and i kinda noticed an awkward situation and the girl started talking about how her brother doesn't like people touching him or something..

Well this is great..i should either get use to sh!t like this, over come my hair loss issues (if only) and move on, or become a hermit. And before i left home, i actually thought i did a good job of covering my temples but obviously not...i never expected to hear something like this from my friend and i'm still surprised. I think my other 'friend' might have said some crap to him (coz they go to the same uni)...it sucks though, what started off as a good night then ended in me leaving early feeling like crap. And i'm supposed to see them this weekend, well now i think i might just make up an excuse not to see them.

VoteForPedro

Reaction score
Draco88 said:
Well just had another disappointing social outing..i was out with these two friends whom i get along with just fine (always have a good time etc) and close to the end of our night, i'm sitting down on some bench while the other two (a guy and girl) are standing above me talking, suddenly the guy looks down on me and says "Hey let me look at your hair line" and quickly reaches towards my damn hair..i don't know if i contained my 'WTF look' but i quickly edged away and said something along the lines of "i don't like you touching me" which he seemed to think was funny, and i kinda noticed an awkward situation and the girl started talking about how her brother doesn't like people touching him or something..

Well this is great..i should either get use to sh!t like this, over come my hair loss issues (if only) and move on, or become a hermit. And before i left home, i actually thought i did a good job of covering my temples but obviously not...i never expected to hear something like this from my friend and i'm still surprised. I think my other 'friend' might have said some crap to him (coz they go to the same uni)...it sucks though, what started off as a good night then ended in me leaving early feeling like crap. And i'm supposed to see them this weekend, well now i think i might just make up an excuse not to see them.

a lot of this is in your head. most people are too concerned with themselves to care about your hair line. he was probably just talking out load what he was thinking (he had a drink or two, right?) and probably this moment slipped his mind. don't worry about it.

VoteForPedro

Reaction score
Draco88 said:

a lot of this is in your head. most people are too concerned with themselves to care about your hair line. he was probably just talking out load what he was thinking (he had a drink or two, right?) and probably this moment slipped his mind. don't worry about it.