South Korean Scientists Has Developed A New Type Of Biochemical Material To Prevent Hair Loss

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem is that we've seen these same headlines when PGD2 studies came out, Samumed published results, etc. Lets hope this one is different!

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahahhaha! Again: " hair follicles don't die!" ....please...Update your knowledge about male pattern baldness. hair follicles don't die OK?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahahhaha! Again: " hair follicles don't die!" ....please...Update your knowledge about male pattern baldness. hair follicles don't die OK?

Unfortunately, they can with Androgenetic Alopecia, but only in severe and long term cases

"In the frontal (bald) area of Androgenetic Alopecia, perifollicular inflammatory infiltrate was observed in the majority of cases (90%). Meanwhile, no fibrosis was observed in 40% and only 10% showed marked fibrosis and complete destruction of hair follicles in the old age group with advanced Androgenetic Alopecia. These results are close to those observed by El-Domyati et al.16 who reported inflammatory reaction in female subjects with Androgenetic Alopecia with destruction of follicular structure and replacement by fibrous tracts in severe cases. Meanwhile, Abell26 reported an inflammatory reaction in 75% of balding patients, focal fibrosis in 25%, and destruction of follicular structures in 5%."

Still for 25% of cases, fibrosis is an issue and must be adressed to induce healthy growth

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So regarding follicle neogenesis that can be induced through wounding, are these follicles the result of regeneration of existing dormant follicles or are there new dermal papilla being formed resulting in brand new new previously non-existent follicles?

Neogenesis = brand new follicles.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
This really is a ways away, if the comment below doesn't tell you anything.

"We have found a protein that controls the hair growth and developed a new substance that promotes hair regeneration by controlling the function of the protein.
We expect that the newly developed substance will contribute to the development of a drug that not only treats hair loss but also regenerate damaged skin tissues." -Professor Kang-Yell Choi

But, positive thoughts. It's still pretty cool.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully these Asian countries move quickly with much less red tape to get through.

There are treatments that should be out by now and maybe this will push the others harder. Competition is always good.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it though? No one has had much success developing a treatment that reliably grows dense terminal hair in bald areas either way.

Follica claims to get some terminal hair back, don't know if these are dormants or neogenesis induced, their patent mentioned both types

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just love this f*****g cope on reddit.

"Once everyone has the hairline of a 19 year old, it’s only a matter of time before being bald or receding will be widely considered attractive.

And then sexual selection of oversized, hairless scalps takes off."

Just next-level sh*t here; Lol it doesn't work like that.

It's like saying that the only reason slim, athletic figures are "in" now is because there are so many fat people. That's why all those Greek statues and sh*t were lardballs, right?

Anyway, I truly hope that with the attention this is getting that it does move forward as it does sound like it has potential — sadly, it probably won't.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it though? No one has had much success developing a treatment that reliably grows dense terminal hair in bald areas either way.
Hi man,

If you were the betting type (which you are - poker), what odds would you give to the release of product by Shiseido? Just curious.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys this news was first posted on reddit by a insider, a chinese doctor who got word of this research and posted about it days before anyone else heard anything and has obviously been proving right.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/7fax04/a_south_korean_lab_actually_discovered_the_cure/

In his words
"That paper is watered down a little. Here in SE Asia we share things we shouldn’t haha. I’m from Singapore but research in China.

The can create new hair follicles believe it or not!"

"They tested on mice but used human cells and I’m sure they have started human trials. Here in Asia, there is considerably less red tape."

Guys this could be moving much faster than expected!

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys this news was first posted on reddit by a insider, a chinese doctor who got word of this research and posted about it days before anyone else heard anything and has obviously been proving right.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/7fax04/a_south_korean_lab_actually_discovered_the_cure/

In his words
"That paper is watered down a little. Here in SE Asia we share things we shouldn’t haha. I’m from Singapore but research in China.

"They tested on mice but used human cells and I’m sure they have started human trials. Here in Asia, there is considerably less red tape."

I can already see my main follicle growing...wait...f*****g finasteride

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
It's good to see even in articles regarding this in places like Newsweek they state that researchers are 'currently' testing for toxicity. Good that the ball is known to be rollin'.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score

In his words

How do you know he has 'inside information'?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you know he has 'inside information'?

"I’m a PhD in Molecular and Cellular Physiology. My specialty has to do with cytoskeletons (related to cancer). I got a draft of some research done by some South Koreans yesterday kinda randomly and the lab actually (no joke) discovered the mechanism to (probably) universally regenerate hair follicles. It should be in the news soon." from the reddit post he linked

This was posted a few days before all this news sreapding

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
I feel like it's all this hysteria that scares these guys off from giving us le cure. Someone send Kang-Yell Choi a postcard with a penguin on it, marked confidential, and ask him if he can release in March. March seems good to me.

Or, even better, someone could get ahold of Beps63 and see if he's been told with any certainty when this will be out.