South Korean Scientists Has Developed A New Type Of Biochemical Material To Prevent Hair Loss

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As for a permanent one-off cure I think the only possibility is genetic engineering like CRISPR to eradicate genes suspectible to male pattern baldness. My friend’s studying biochemistry and he said it may be possible but only if all the genes responsible are altered and there are like 200 genes linked to hair loss.

Shiseido/RCH-01 and Tsuji are supposed to be "one" off (not that they are limited to a single treatment but that there is an end to the course of the treatment; indefinite use is not the plan).

You're not wrong about CRISPR but that is pretty far away, given the cancer risk and the regulation involved in testing on humans (as well as the newness of the technology).

The hype about this treatment is happening because the hair-inhibiting process that they are trying to block is closer down stream to the origin of Androgenetic Alopecia. Lowering DHT levels universally is a poor approach of course because DHT causes several cascades of events, one or several of which downstream events are responsible for the miniaturization process. The goal is to stop the miniaturization process and mess with as little else as possible. The paper shows that this protein that they found plays a great significance in hair growth inhibition, has altered expression in balding vs non balding scalps, and upon interfering with this protein's role, we see a strong effect in regrowth and neogenesis, confirming the suspicion of this protein having a key role in Androgenetic Alopecia (albeit in mice).

So if Androgenetic Alopecia were a life threatening infection at the fingertips, castration may be akin to beheading the animal to save it from the disease, finasteride might be analogous to an amputation of the entire arm, and perhaps, this new product is more like an amputation of the affected finger.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shiseido/RCH-01 indefinite use is not the plan

I agree for Tsuji, but as for Shiseido/Replicel, still not sure, they showed maintenance for 24 months in phase 1, and we are still waiting for the 5 years safety data they promised a year ago.
But i want to believe...

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did the paper explain whether or not this would be a one-off treatment like an immunisation against hair loss i.e a proper cure, or would it have to be taken or applied for the rest of your life to maintain/regrow like finasteride and minoxidil? If it’s a one off treatment that actually works that would be huge and essentially make the other proposed treatments redundant.

Yes it did. The way they stopped the the protein CXXC5 from messing up the wnt pathway is by using something called PTD-BDM that get's to the place where CXXC5 "docks" on to an protein (Dvl) in the wnt pathway and so blocks CXXC5 from "docking". So you would need to keep blocking CXXC5 meaning you'd need a continual supply of PTD-BDM.

So at worst this would be a daily application. At best, it could be that, due to how CXCC5 expression seems to be elevated by a negative feedback loop, once you've got back to NW0 your DP cells have effectively been "reset", meaning they're back to how they were the very last day before DHT started doing it's thing. So you could have to only use this for a period every 6 months or a year, or maybe even more, to effectively maintain full density.

Again, I'm trying very hard to hype this, but I think it seems like this approach is a whole different paradigm from finasteride / minoxidil treatment. We're not just restricting the amount damage being done (finasteride) or slamming down the gas on a failing engine (minoxidil), we're actually diffusing the bomb.

I'm still not clear on what the side effects could be that would limit the use something of like PTD-BDM, but the study seemed to suggesting that there wasn't anything observed. The study was received on the 16th September 2016, so it's been at least over a year since they've finished. It would be really interesting to know if they've running, or have run a safety trial.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Yes it did. The way they stopped the the protein CXXC5 from messing up the wnt pathway is by using something called PTD-BDM that get's to the place where CXXC5 "docks" on to an protein (Dvl) in the wnt pathway and so blocks CXXC5 from "docking". So you would need to keep blocking CXXC5 meaning you'd need a continual supply of PTD-BDM.

So at worst this would be a daily application. At best, it could be that, due to how CXCC5 expression seems to be elevated by a negative feedback loop, once you've got back to NW0 your DP cells have effectively been "reset", meaning they're back to how they were the very last day before DHT started doing it's thing. So you could have to only use this for a period every 6 months or a year, or maybe even more, to effectively maintain full density.

Again, I'm trying very hard to hype this, but I think it seems like this approach is a whole different paradigm from finasteride / minoxidil treatment. We're not just restricting the amount damage being done (finasteride) or slamming down the gas on a failing engine (minoxidil), we're actually diffusing the bomb.

I'm still not clear on what the side effects could be that would limit the use something of like PTD-BDM, but the study seemed to suggesting that there wasn't anything observed. The study was received on the 16th September 2016, so it's been at least over a year since they've finished. It would be really interesting to know if they've running, or have run a safety trial.

Maybe one of more respected members like SwissTemples could contact them?

vernon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

someone on reddit mentioned how there should be no side effects overall since that protein is very specific in its function, so its different than nuking your hormonal profile. I really want to believe this is a real breakthrough and that it will start materializing soon

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Now hold on just a second here what conspiracy? 1 Cots has a bald spot unless hes wearing a cap thats color is skin and only takes up the back of his head. 2 is currently supposedly developing a treatment for baldness that he is well hopefully supposed to believe in but he hasn't used it on himself or if he has I guess it didn't work out. Which one of these would you refute?

That’s like saying if you go to a plastic surgeon with any type of belly fat that you can’t in good concionce believe that lipo works...

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
someone on reddit mentioned how there should be no side effects overall since that protein is very specific in its function, so its different than nuking your hormonal profile. I really want to believe this is a real breakthrough and that it will start materializing soon
There is still a long way to go. I think we will have more news about this in the coming years.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score

It’d be great if someone who was in the position to do so could make something like this happen. Even if it’s just to talk about what the published findings mean, this is the kinda thing we’re all coming here for.

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't think that's necessary, or even practical. Anyone with a good knowledge of cell biology should be able to tell from the study. Unfortunately that's not me.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’d be great if someone who was in the position to do so could make something like this happen. Even if it’s just to talk about what the published findings mean, this is the kinda thing we’re all coming here for.

If he could he would have it before any of you guys in private forum.
Unfortunetly nobody can since we don't know anything bout dosage or even how to get it fabricated.
There is no CAS NO etc.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we can all agree we don’t have time for this to go through 5 years of testing

1 year safety data is good enough, after that hopefuly somebody works out how to do it and does a hellhouser type video onit, that’s what i’m hoping

Keisi92

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s like saying if you go to a plastic surgeon with any type of belly fat that you can’t in good concionce believe that lipo works...
I agree with this, as in if someone doesn't apply the treatment on himself doesn't mean that the treatment doesn't work. There are a lot of plastic surgeons that never undergo plastic surgery. None the less I think the comparison you used isn't correct imho. Lipo is already proved to work by hundreds of surgeries. On the other hand this treatment is not. Some people see the researchers losing hair as a sign that the treatment doesn't work which is wrong, but understandable in a situation where a lot of info is missing.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
If he could he would have it before any of you guys in private forum.
Unfortunetly nobody can since we don't know anything bout dosage or even how to get it fabricated.
There is no CAS NO etc.

I didn’t say we should make the stuff (because I’ve yet to see something attending to the matter in this way work out), I was saying someone should try to get in touch with the head researcher for an interview.

tjnpdx

Banned
Reaction score
I think we can all agree we don’t have time for this to go through 5 years of testing

1 year safety data is good enough, after that hopefuly somebody works out how to do it and does a hellhouser type video onit, that’s what i’m hoping

With how all this sh*t seems to work out, with the rampant lack of transparency on all fronts, I’d be happy to just be told point-blank: “This is at least 5 years out. “

These stupid articles that pop up every 4 months claiming a breakthrough ‘cure’, all for it to fade in to the everconsuming abyss never to be heard of again, is enough to make you pull (what’s left of) your hair out.

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Having been following the Brotzu thread like my life has been on hold, is there a way to avoid this all over again and get actual updates on this product as opposed to reading a never ending orgy of bro science posts? ;)

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Having been following the Brotzu thread like my life has been on hold, is there a way to avoid this all over again and get actual updates on this product as opposed to reading a never ending orgy of bro science posts? ;)
The only way we can really track progress on this as if it actually goes into clinical trials. We saw the discovery of jaks for hair loss and now that a major company is working on it we can follow its progress and get news.
This discovery needs to be picked up by Major pharmaceutical company ASAP

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only way we can really track progress on this as if it actually goes into clinical trials. We saw the discovery of jaks for hair loss and now that a major company is working on it we can follow its progress and get news.
This discovery needs to be picked up by Major pharmaceutical company ASAP

Everyone knows how much money can be made from this, their must be tons of companys calling them to invest/produce and market by now. And it seems to be very safe because it only changes one protien, it dosent change your entire hormonal make up or slow collogen and cause heart issues like finasteride/minoxidil so I think the animal/human testing should move very swiftly. The cure for baldness is the holy grail for making money in the pharmacutical industry, there is so much money to be made I believe this thing will be fast tracked as fast as possible by all contries regulation groups. You guys might think im being too optomistic but if this drug is as good and safe as Kang Yell Choi says it is than I wouldnt be suprised if this drug comes to be released in 2019.