Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, but they have too much pride to.
Yep, they even call their whole project like this: people can truly cure their hairloss with Stemson Therapeutics.

It would make a huge damage in their reputation if they would miserably fail.
Because of that I think they wont leave the project, but much rather continue on it to enhance it. Which means + 5-10 years for the "cure" LMFAOOO.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear people saying that Stemson's approach will be able to create embrionic follicles, but actually, they use YOUR cells, which are def. NOT embrionic. So how is that even possible. I can't find any document or paper to proof that, in relation to their technology.

If they do ARE embrionic, this will literally be a cure to male pattern baldness, because follicles get sensitive within age and if they are "newly born", they won't get to androgens exposed.
-> Every 15 years, the same procedure

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They would need more investors. They just have half of their planned funding mh
This is always the step where research for alopecia stops because people don’t care about this disease. Hopefully they can find the money to continue

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You think 7.5 mil is only half of what is needed to fund Phase 1?
Not even for phase 1. This is still only for preclinical studies
“After closing a $7.5M seed financing led by Allergan Plc, a division of Abbvie, and Fortunis Capital, Stemson is raising $15M in a Series A to fund product optimization in a pig skin model, which is expected to be our preclinical model to produce data for our first-in-human trial application. The funds will support development of the scaffold component, expansion and optimization of the cell production protocol, and multiple cycles of pig studies.”

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for quote and the reference. It seems I missed that one and yes you are right.
So yeah it seems they are basically a year away from clinical. Preclinical trials usually last 6 months but the funding is the much more needed component
Man we wouldn't be in this if Tsuji or Hewitt were actually doing something. I hope Stemson does their clinical trials in UK better chance for faster approval.

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for quote and the reference. It seems I missed that one and yes you are right.
So yeah it seems they are basically a year away from clinical. Preclinical trials usually last 6 months but the funding is the much more needed component
Man we wouldn't be in this if Tsuji or Hewitt were actually doing something. I hope Stemson does their clinical trials in UK better chance for faster approval.
Do you know the difference in the terminology they use. what is different between seed round vs series A is that different? they will spend all this year to find the funding just for pre clinical.

these are the definitions I found:

Seed Round: Refers to a series of related investments in which 15 or less investors "seed" a new company with anywhere from $50,000 to $2 million. This money is often used to support initial market research and early product development. Investors are typically rewarded with convertible notes, equity, or a preferred stock option in exchange for their investment.

Series A: Refers to a smaller number of angel investors or VCs who contribute an average of $2-10 million in exchange for equity. The fund is named after the type of equity investors hope to eventually receive: Series A Preferred shares. This implies they will be the first group of investors to receive preferred shares.

Maybe if they are tying to raise capital from fortunis or other investors they need to work out business details before proceeding. So it’s expected to take some time at least

Last edited:

frank33

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know the difference in the terminology they use. what is different between seed round vs series A is that different? they will spend all this year to find the funding just for pre clinical.
The fact they opened a position for a histotechnician means something. What's the point of doing it if they plan to spend one year raising funds? I think they are closer to preclinicals than we might think, but again, only time and announcements will tell.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They would need more investors. They just have half of their planned funding mh
No they don't have half yet, the $7.5M is for their seed funding and according to them they now need another $15M to for series A funding for preclinicals.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You think 7.5 mil is only half of what is needed to fund Phase 1?
They're funded by Allergan. If this method shows promise/ is legitimate they will basically have unlimited funding when it's all said and done.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're funded by Allergan. If this method shows promise/ is legitimate they will basically have unlimited funding when it's all said and done.
I wonder whether this will continue to hold true as they become more impacted by their acquisition. Allergan has been fairly committed to finding a cure for hair loss but I haven't been able to find much about AbbVie, their new parent company.
And considering they didn't even give Stemson $7.5M (Fortunis chipped in for that too) it comes off as though they have some reservations about just dumping money into a cure.

Last edited:

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh well... same story again... nobody wants to fund Stemson. A shame they have to waste a year for finding investors instead of continuing research. All great breakthroughs in this field get abandoned because of financial conditions, no support, no funding.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh well... same story again... nobody wants to fund Stemson. A shame they have to waste a year for finding investors instead of continuing research. All great breakthroughs in this field get abandoned because of financial conditions, no support, no funding.
I wouldn't conclude that just yet. While they need much more they do have some money in the meanwhile, and they've just hired a histotechnician (assuming that's why they removed the listing from their site) so it's more likely they're hard at work while trying to get more funding for now.

Last edited:

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do some basic research, jesus.

Stemson uses IPS cells which are derived from skin or blood cells and can be programmed back into an embryonic-like state.

"If they do ARE embrionic, this will literally be a cure to male pattern baldness, because follicles get sensitive within age and if they are "newly born", they won't get to androgens exposed."

This is one of the most retarded things I've ever read, congratulations.
Thanks! Some toxic people in this forum always attacking people, cool!