Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

walker8476

Reaction score
IBM said:
Western modern societies invented that thing about youth, money, fun, fashion and brightness. Look at young soccer stars or actors from Holywood. Everyone wants to be like them and hairloss is not acceptable.

To the thread starter. Dont complain on your genetics, complain on people that made your genetics unacceptable.

That's the problem. You can complain about the people who made hairloss unacceptable but there is no way you can change the way they think. You are forced to live up to a certain standard.

powersam

Reaction score
bullshite. your not forced to live up to anything. you make a choice to be subjugated to aesthetic crap, just as you make a choice to judge women on breasts face and hair.

do you think all girls with a-cups should kill themselves? in my optimism i will assume you answered no, so why would you judge yourself differently?

s.a.f

Reaction score
walker8476 said:
IBM said:
s.a.f said:
[quote="Sir Guy of Frizzbourne":ec772] Wasn't there supposed to be a point in my life when I was young, happy, successful, and seeing the world? What happened to that stage? Did I just miss it entirely?

Western modern societies invented that thing about youth, money, fun, fashion and brightness. Look at young soccer stars or actors from Holywood. Everyone wants to be like them and hairloss is not acceptable.

To the thread starter. Dont complain on your genetics, complain on people that made your genetics unacceptable.

That's the problem. You can complain about the people who made hairloss unacceptable but there is no way you can change the way they think. You are forced to live up to a certain standard.
[/quote:ec772]

:!: Walker can you edit your post please because I think you've got my name on an IBM quote! :freaked:

Axl15

Reaction score
IBM i totally get your point. But vanity and hairloss have been here long before hollywood.

Walker take it easy dude im sure you gonna look at this post and laugh later down the track.

G

I agree with askas,

it is totally normal to feel suicidal when one realizes that you are starting to lose hair. The first days after I discovered what was going on I only had one thing in mind: Killing myself! It is only after I discovered that there are actually treatments that I started to feel better. I don´t know what I would have done if I was born twenty years earlier with no access to treatments.....

When I see all these Norwood 5-7 in their 40s I always wonder about what a terrible struggle they must have gone through. I admire them for their strength to live with this plague. I couldn´t do that. Good Luck, mate!

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
stay positive. Get on the treatments and come to terms with your situation. Once you openly admit to yourself your level of loss you become more comfortable with it. Who knows what is around the corner treatment wise? have faith and hit your hair loss as hard as you can from whatever angles you can afford.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
it is totally normal to feel suicidal when one realizes that you are starting to lose hair.

Only if you have mental problems.

Taugennichts said:
I don´t know what I would have done if I was born twenty years earlier with no access to treatments.....
When I see all these Norwood 5-7 in their 40s I always wonder about what a terrible struggle they must have gone through. I admire them for their strength to live with this plague. I couldn´t do that. Good Luck, mate!

Yes the 70's was the decade of long hair and the 80's was the decade of big hair. (those poor bastards) :cry:

G

walker8476 said:
Without hair, what is there to live for?

Well, if you are married to a hot girl you still have her (if she doesn´t leave you for a NW1.... :( ). If you aren´t already then you will have to face the fact that you won´t be married to a hot one in the future either. No hair is such a tremendous loss in quality of life. Since I am suffering from this disease the few things I enjoy in life make even less fun because I always have in back of my mind:"sh*t, I am losing my hair....." :cry:

Reaction score
Ok I'm in a very similar siutation to the first poster, and I think many of you are missing the point.

It's not the hair itself, it's what you perceive your loosing alone with it, it's the degredation in your personal appearance.

I see some people like the guy Lockie on Lost who look great with a smooth head, but I had a 1 blade before (thats just above smooth head) and I didn't like it and neither did others.

It suits some lucky people and not others, I think im one of the others.
I have to say if I was 50 I doubt I'd care as much, it's because im still in college and still so young..

Of course I also think weither your actually suicidal in a serious way over it is related to your overall mental health, in my siuation I had massive body image issues, these were dellusional flaws that didn't actually exist, and JUST as I was getting over that...something REAL comes along..

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
Mental health is the most important thing in life. You can be bald at 17 and have other issues but as long as youare mentally healthy things will be better. Many posters have healthy mental habits and cannot comprehend what this all means to those that are not in great mental shape. Some people are born with tangible diseases and people treat them differently but when you are born with a mental sickness that cannot be humanized people just don't understand. Even the ones you pay $100 per hour to try to help you out...Ignorance is bliss. And opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

Rintintin

Reaction score
Hairloss isn't a live or die situation and people who make it out to be have other issues. You wanna blame bad things happening in your life on hairloss? thats childish. Sure it may affect your self-esteem but that shouldnt be permanent at all. My life has had a lot of throwbacks and not once has one affected me forever to a point where I think i can;t overcome the problem or I cannot live with the burden.

Have you seen that simpsons episode where hoemr gets hair and then he's so successful and then he loses it and no one lsitens to him anymore? THATS SATIRE, its meant to show how shortsighted it actually is and that having hair or not having hair doesnt affect your success in life.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairloss shouldn't be suicidal. Okay, it can make you feel down but it shouldn't make you want to take you own life! Focus on other aspects i.e. career, education etc and try and take mind off things and go out with friends, get drunk and enjoy yourself! Hairloss isn't the end of the world!

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
walker8476 said:
Currently hairloss is making me suicidal. I have already had one attempt at suicide.

I can't understand why someone would want to live with no hair. I think "What's the point"

if you have money, just move to thailand. it won't matter if you have hair or not there.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone feeling suicidal over male pattern baldness should go to Google Images and do a search for "Jacqueline Saburido," a person who has real reasons to be depressed yet chooses to live.

G

blondeguy said:
Anyone feeling suicidal over male pattern baldness should go to Google Images and do a search for "Jacqueline Saburido," a person who has real reasons to be depressed yet chooses to live.

she was cute before. but i have to disagree here, there is no "real" reason to be depressed. depression is a disease and there is no reason for it than biochemical things in your brain.

though, sure i got to say that this is really tough how she looks now. almost like an alien. must be really hard to live with that, but even with that problem , i think you can lead a happy life.

IBM

Reaction score
blondeguy said:

Good post.

G

Taugenichts said:
walker8476 said:

Well, if you are married to a hot girl you still have her (if she doesn´t leave you for a NW1.... :( ).

Lol.

I doubt this happens even 1% as much as you think it does. By that I mean a woman leaving a balding husband, because he is balding, for an NW1, because he has hair.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm into 21...and broke up with my girlfriend because of my hair prob... :(

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Taugenichts said:
walker8476 said:

Well, if you are married to a hot girl you still have her (if she doesn´t leave you for a NW1.... :( ).

Lol.

I doubt this happens even 1% as much as you think it does. By that I mean a woman leaving a balding husband, because he is balding, for an NW1, because he has hair.
If a woman is only interested in how much hair you have got on your head, then she aint worth having any way. Who wants to waste their life on someone that shallow? It doesn't happen often. Plenty of women out their with balding\bald partners.

Status
Not open for further replies.