s.a.f

Reaction score
Gayest thread ever? :gay: :dunno:

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Colin297 said:
iwantperfection said:
LOL. He's just a good universal example everyone knows. I use the fight club fitness regime he used. I couldn't be that big. Wouldn't suit my image.

your image or Brad's image?

I dont know how much you know about me but i do modelling and my face is what some guys would call 'pretty boy'. Hence a bulky body would not suit my image.

I dont have a facination with pitt lol. I have his picture in my avatar cause he has great hair...and i only chose him for this thread because hes the first example that comes to mind for the type of body i was trying to convey. David beckham could also have been used. Imo thin but muscular is the way to go. If i was nw6 maybe i would go the bulky route but i highly doubt it.

IBM

Reaction score
I would prefer

[youtube:e2af144m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN0LMjue1-g[/youtube:e2af144m]

ali777

Reaction score
Colin297 said:
But for the average looking guy? Firstly, that built doesn't stand out at all with clothes on. How often do you meet people with your top off anyway? 99 times out of 100 that build will do nothing for your average Joe.

I agree that the Fight Club look is nothing special. I reckon it's a look that I can achieve in a month if I try. Saying that, I don't understand why average Joe would want to stand out of the crowd? Isn't Joe's ultimate goal to be like the rest of the herd, eg, we want hair like the rest of the people. (Average Joe makes lots of mistakes, the average guy doesn't have beautiful hair or a fit body, so the targets are not realistic)

barcafan

Reaction score
dudemon said:
s.a.f said:

I agree.

But, from what i've noticed the girls who want "big, bulky, muscular guys" are girls who go to the gym all the time. They are "gym-rats" because they like to make themselves look physically good, and they are into guys that do the same.

But, a lot of gym-rats are in the gym not nessessarily to look at guys with big muscles but to work out. But, if a guy in there interests them, they will hook up.

And generally, the guys they date are bodybuilders.

Basically, most girls in the gym are basically only interested in the big huge bodybuilder guys, and the girls snob off to all other guys on there. This is especially true for the really hot girls - they will only talk to and hang-out with, and workout with the big bodybuilder dudes.

Also, some of those guys are real arrogant roided out a**holes too. They don't like anybody talking to "their" women in the gym either.

I just do my thing in the gym and stay as far away as possible from all of those people - guys and girls. For me, the gym is for working out, not for "socializing"

I had sex in the gym once, its not just for working out bro

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
seaback said:
The gym is great. With all the big hunky guys its like a sweet shop for me. And the showers ...well...sometimes i get a bit daring with my eyes. Cant help but check who has the biggest.

:whistle:

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
I had sex in the gym once, its not just for working out bro

What you and Bruno do in the change rooms should really be kept between the involved parties....none of us want to know about it
:hump:

Mens Rea

Reaction score
ali777 said:
Colin297 said:
But for the average looking guy? Firstly, that built doesn't stand out at all with clothes on. How often do you meet people with your top off anyway? 99 times out of 100 that build will do nothing for your average Joe.

I agree that the Fight Club look is nothing special. I reckon it's a look that I can achieve in a month if I try. Saying that, I don't understand why average Joe would want to stand out of the crowd? Isn't Joe's ultimate goal to be like the rest of the herd, eg, we want hair like the rest of the people. (Average Joe makes lots of mistakes, the average guy doesn't have beautiful hair or a fit body, so the targets are not realistic)

You've definately lost me now

Isn't the essence of an average Joe that he is AVERAGE and doesn't stand out? All i said, in such an instance - i.e. your average guy, a more ripped look would garner him more attention and look more imposing than a skinnier look. I doubt if thats up for debate really...

iwantperfection - i'd like to see pics of you, you seem to think you're really good looking or something. you do realise some people call others "pretty boy" because they look ghey not because of good looks? Justin Timberlake and Brad are pretty boys, but for every 1 of them there are a million average joes trying to look like that when they dont. Many "pretty boys" just look feminine which isn't definately isn't a good thing

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol. Colin my friend. You seem a bit put out. I can't be that bad looking if I get paid for what I look like. My answer to you was not to brag but explain why I wouldn't look good as big as goldberg. Jeez.. There's some bitterness here. It's a net forum. U don't have to believe anything I write. If ur concerned come up to belfast when I'm home and wel go for a pint. On me of course :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Smooth said:
dudemon said:
s.a.f said:

I agree.
Seems that our older folks have some sexual insecurities...

How does not wanting to debate about Brad Pitts body = sexual insecurity? :dunno:

Mens Rea

Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
lol. Colin my friend. You seem a bit put out. I can't be that bad looking if I get paid for what I look like. My answer to you was not to brag but explain why I wouldn't look good as big as goldberg. Jeez.. There's some bitterness here. It's a net forum. U don't have to believe anything I write. If ur concerned come up to belfast when I'm home and wel go for a pint. On me of course :)

Lol sorry buddy just thought u were boasting or something :p Not all models are that good looking but im sure you're a good lookin dude since youre irish like myself! :D

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
as long as my girlfriend likes me im happy enough.

As discussed above the fight club body wouldnt be noticed really. Unless you were on the beach or something. but i think thats the beauty of it. If you have a body that means your fit and healthy but also excites your woman your on a winner. Being as big as goldberg puts you in a category. People would only see you as the 'big guy'. I think a balanced body thats toned is an achievable and realistic body but also the one that looks best.

cuebald

Reaction score
I reckon there might be a slight difference in culture between the UK and USA as evidenced in this thread
All the yankie women I've talked to seem to have a dislike for skinny guys, whereas in the UK most girls don't care if a guy is skinny unless he is grotesquely so.
I am 5'7", and I weigh 9 stones (57KG, 126lbs), and people in the UK say I have a "decent" body (I have practically nil muscle btw). Over in the states it's an "eew" weight.
Girls in the UK don't seem to like the big bodybuilder style, bodybuilders can be seen as almost humourous where I live because the only way people see them is watching Wrestling (which is melodramatic in itself)
The footballer/underwear model is the most popular type.

People calling Pitt "pretty boys" is a bit strange, there are two kinds of "pretty boy" in Wales - one who through no fault of his own just has a feminine face/bone structure, and the other "metrosexual" kind who wax their eyebrows and put on fake tans, and this type is the subject of much derision.

If I was, say 5'5", I'd rather be short and skinny rather than short and bulky. All the short guys (yes, shorter than me!) I know try to bulk up and it looks silly, they look like dwarfes - "Short Man Syndrome". Almost like a bald guy growing a goatee to compensate, it ain't fooling anyone.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously to the guy that said he could get the fight club body in a month your dreaming man.... that would take alot of cutting to get a low bodyfat like that.
Assuming your at about average weight to begin with, and seriously goldbergs body over Pitts??? Most chicks don't like guys with massive bodies like that, alittle muscle is ok but yeah don't go overboard..

and iwp what kind of modelling do you do?

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
heyitsthatguy said:
Seriously to the guy that said he could get the fight club body in a month your dreaming man.... that would take alot of cutting to get a low bodyfat like that.
Assuming your at about average weight to begin with, and seriously goldbergs body over Pitts??? Most chicks don't like guys with massive bodies like that, alittle muscle is ok but yeah don't go overboard..

and iwp what kind of modelling do you do?

Ur right. that type of body is probably harder in some ways than getting big. It would require no takraways, no drink etc. Getting ripped like that means high number of reps and a serious amount of ground exercises. Your looking at 200 situps a day with a strict diet.

I mainly do catalogue work...next, littlewoods etc. You could probs recognise me if you looked through the guys clothes section lol. Right now im getting my degree done so its something i am phasing out. Easy money if you can get it. To be honest i have got stick serious stick from mates for it. My girlfriend also hates it.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It hasn't made me want to work out more..I was doing fine all long being slim and toned. I just want my bleeding hair back tbh.