Thin spot in the crown getting more prominent...fcukin great

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Its a shame everyone has to measure who has the most hair loss. What does it matter. Even THINNING hair all of sudden can be alarming to anyone. Everyone on here is not going to have the same amount of balding or thinning but we all have one thing in common. We are focused on our hair and not afraid to express it on a forum. GHG, has definite signs of balding and he is just venting. Let him vent without attacking him. It only fuels him more to lash out at people. Too bad our society bases everything on looks more than every before. As a matter of fact I read an article on how men have become like women when it comes to physical appearance. Now men pluck their eyebrows like women, wear earrings like women, shave their body hair and leg hair like women, work out crazy to keep their figure like women, get more cosmetic surgery like women and wear wigs like women, focus on how our hair looks like women, or if they are lucky wear long hair like women. We are losing our masculinity to attract hot women and look sexier. This is what society has become. So obvious losing just a little hair or even just minor thinning can be devastating for some people. So I totally understand why you post what you post GHG, believe it or not I never had any intention of pissing you off in the past or present yet sometimes you misinterpret things I say and lash out at me.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Well I apologise for some of the critisism I've given you alot of it was based on earlier pics that I saw and the current crown pic, because I have take into account that you are still young (25) and for that age this amount of thinning (although its exacerbated by the camera flash) its still a substancial enough amount.
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=41064

However I guess this is the more realistic display of how your hair looks to others:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40501
And if I could have that and maintain it I'd be a happy man. But I guess its all relevant to the individual and his experience.
Since you have yet to have known what being totally bald feels like I can appreciate that your current situation must be very distressing to you. I hope that you can atleast maintain what you have now, and if so things will get easier for you to accept in the coming years.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's ok DoctorHouse and s.a.f. At least you 2 usually justify your opinions and not just lash out on everyone like some ppl on this board (I guess me included at times). You talk about accepting hairloss and I've already done that. I realize that I'm gonna be bald in a few years and there's probably nothing that I can do about it, thus I'm buzzing my head every week. I just wish I had the guts to buzz it down all the way to #0 and keep it that way. It's just a huge difference going down to #0 from even #1 or #2. I was there once and didn't like it... I don't like this buzz either but I got no choice. If I had a choice I'd cover my bad headshape with hair for sure. At least I like some of my facial qualities and accept that I'm, even without hair, an average looking man and not a monster.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
GHG, you are definitely ABOVE average looking and your hair length buzzed like you have in that picture looks good. I know you don't want to hear this again, but I honestly think your head is shaped perfect for buzz cut and you probably would possibly get work as a face model( you said you were short so I said face). That old avatar you had of yourself in black and white a few years back definitely showed you are very photogenic and looked rugged.

bubka

Reaction score
treeshrew said:
seems like there is a lot of pent up animosty towards ghg that is being let loose here. but then again, its a gdamn internet message board, so anyone who takes this s*** too seriously needs to go outside and get some sun.
Well the guy pretty much told everyone to F - off, I am leaving this "gay" board (i think those were the words), he was banned, now he is back.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Bubka, I don't remember him being banned. Am I right, GHG? I remember he volunteered to leave due to some comments he thought were inappropriate. The same situation was with Taug. I think Jayman was the only one who decided to leave( he kind of was asked to leave) at one point and then he got banned the second time

bubka

Reaction score
Well his old name is no longer active, maybe he asked for his account to be removed? I don't know if he was actually banned. Regardless, he did tell everyone and this forum that they sucked on his farewell post.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
He came back because he missed me, s.a.f and yourself. We happen to be very charming posters. :innocent:

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
GHG, you are definitely ABOVE average looking and your hair length buzzed like you have in that picture looks good. I know you don't want to hear this again, but I honestly think your head is shaped perfect for buzz cut and you probably would possibly get work as a face model( you said you were short so I said face). That old avatar you had of yourself in black and white a few years back definitely showed you are very photogenic and looked rugged.

Doctor...that is exactly what he wanted you to tell him and you fell into his trap. he wants to hear that he is above average looking which he has heard hear many times before. Like you already know someone with bdd cannot be "reassured" by his looks. He might feel good for a little hearing you said that but tomorrow hell likely be like to his low self-esteem ways.
And for the record I just think he is a regular dude and I doubt he could model...he should save himself from even going to audition b/c being turned down would prob crush him inside.

bubka

Reaction score
I always liked the guy, until his insulting farewell FU address

but like HTGT said, you cannot attempt to support or convince these guys, it just reciprocates back to square one

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
HTGT, I think you misread his post. He said he has accepted he is average looking and is not asking anyone to tell him he is not or even for someone to say he is above average. He is NOT acting like Taug did. Taug did things like that. I honestly think GHG has made progress. Yes, for him, there will be good days and bad days but that is how life is too. I finally understand GHG better now and I think people really need to realize that the more you attack him, the worse you make him feel and then he gets more fired up and then lashes out to everyone for days. Let him vent and don't judge him. We all need to vent sometimes even if its trivial stuff. I guarantee you Hatprisioner might feel just slightly better now than before after venting his problems. I think the problem is people can't accept the fact that something that seems trivial to someone else might seem more devastating to you. My doctor told me I am still a Norwood 1( more like 1.5 maybe but since there is no such thing, still considered a NW1) and yet my hair is no where as thick as it used to be. TRIVIAL to ALL you NW2 and worse people but to me, its bother me alot because I have to be worried all the time if my meds are going to help maintain it. Don't bash me just because my problem is not as bad as yours. ( Trust me, I wish I could find a dam cure for everyone on here and I would help each and every one of you if if I could.) That is just who I am but I have not let it ruin my life. I have a successful career and interact with people with no problem. I just have a low self esteem problem and it causes me to avoid people at times just because I am sick and tired of them playing games and being hypocritical and hateful. I think GHG might feel similar to me and that is why I understand him better. He is not asking for you tell him he is not going bald, he is just venting he is frustrated things are getting worse. Ok now I vented some too. I feel better. Bubka, I know he said some bad things on his last farewell but he was pissed off. I am not going to hold that against him. Sometimes we say things in the heat of anger and later regret what we said. I have made peace with GHG, because I know he is a nice guy who is going thru similar stuff as myself and I think sometimes you need to forgive (but I am not asking you to forget.)

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some interesting answers here...

bubka said:
Well the guy pretty much told everyone to F - off, I am leaving this "gay" board (i think those were the words), he was banned, now he is back.

Really? I don't remember that, nor do I remember getting banned. I remember a farewell post, but definitely not a FU to everyone on this board and I definitely wasn't saying this is a gay board. I remember implying something about spending too much time on this board and that's why I needed to get out for a while and then asked the admin to delete my account. Then, after a month or so I felt like coming back and I'm probably writing even more now, but not spending that much time on here reading. That's probably because I don't believe in the treatments anymore so I'm not bothering to read about them too much.

hair today gone tomorrow said:
Doctor...that is exactly what he wanted you to tell him and you fell into his trap. he wants to hear that he is above average looking which he has heard hear many times before. Like you already know someone with bdd cannot be "reassured" by his looks. He might feel good for a little hearing you said that but tomorrow hell likely be like to his low self-esteem ways.
And for the record I just think he is a regular dude and I doubt he could model...he should save himself from even going to audition b/c being turned down would prob crush him inside.

How can anyone be this wrong about anything? :mrgreen: I guess that's what you get from a wannabe-Dr. Phil on an Internet board... the modeling reference is funny because if you'd know anything about me (which you don't, how could you), modeling wouldn't really be my cup of tea even if I had the looks for it (and I firmly believe that I don't, no matter what anyone on a message board says). So, I wouldn't be crushed 'cause I wouldn't even go to the audition. The middle part is somewhat true, some days I feel good some days bad, but it hasn't got much to do with this board or what someone writes here. Of course getting an odd compliment is nice, but they're not the reason for me being here. Of course, if you want to comment on my crown, feel free to do it... 'cause that's what this thread was all about, the crown which I feel has gone worse.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
w/e numerous times you have brought up how you think you are just average looking and you dont think your that great looking....just to have others say that you are a great looking guy...and hear again you just brought up your average looking...who gives a f***. Stop bringing up your looks.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
ghg said:
At least I like some of my facial qualities and accept that I'm, even without hair, an average looking man and not a monster.

numerous times in posts youve brought up your looks.
You have low self esteem...thats what it is.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
As a matter of fact I read an article on how men have become like women when it comes to physical appearance. Now men pluck their eyebrows like women, wear earrings like women, shave their body hair and leg hair like women, work out crazy to keep their figure like women, get more cosmetic surgery like women and wear wigs like women, focus on how our hair looks like women, or if they are lucky wear long hair like women. We are losing our masculinity to attract hot women and look sexier. This is what society has become. So obvious losing just a little hair or even just minor thinning can be devastating for some people. So I totally understand why you post what you post GHG, believe it or not I never had any intention of pissing you off in the past or present yet sometimes you misinterpret things I say and lash out at me.Doctor has an interesting point. Remember that fad where it was cool to buzz your hair real short, well now long hair is in ( I blame the emos for this). I think the origins of the "high maintenance" metro-sexual male comes from pure statistics- we are living in a time where there are more men than women. As a result of this women have become ultra picky and now men are realizing that they are going to have to step up their game if they want a chance. Therefore men are now sacrificing their masculinity in order to achieve women's high expectation of the ideal/fantasy man.You know, that well dressed man with chiseled features and shoulder length hair, strait out of a Gucci or Calvin Klein ad. European men have been doing this for quite some time. It just sucks for anyone who is bald though, because this is an impossible expectation.

BobbyChalfont

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
we are living in a time where there are more men than women.

What the hell are you talking about!? Has their been a world-wide plague that only affects Men that I haven't been aware of? Do you even know how a human develops in the womb? The male/female divide is roughly 50/50. I think the exact ratio in the US is something like 103:100. It's not like there's 12 men competing for each woman or something.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Allow me to revise my statement. In places where there are more men than women, you will find more of these manicured, pedicured, mud facial getting, exfoliating, hair salon going, Mercedes driving, Nordstrom shopping high maintenance metrosexual fucks. Such is definantely the case where I'm from- San Jose, CA. otherwise dubbed "Man Jose". Satisfied bub? :smack:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Allow me to revise my statement. In places where there are more men than women, you will find more of these manicured, pedicured, mud facial getting, exfoliating, hair salon going, Mercedes driving, Nordstrom shopping high maintenance metrosexual fucks. Such is definantely the case where I'm from- San Jose, CA. otherwise dubbed "Man Jose". Satisfied bub? :smack:

Don't argue with that guy. What will happen is it'll end up getting the thread closed like the other one. Some people come here I think to belittle certain people and argue with others. What can you do?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yeah, that guy is a real nuisance. I think he just gets a kick out of playing the devils advocate and disagreeing with people for the sake of disagreeing just to rattle cages. Bobby Chalfont is that a**h** at the zoo taunting the monkeys with a freshly peeled banana.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
ghg said:
At least I like some of my facial qualities and accept that I'm, even without hair, an average looking man and not a monster.

numerous times in posts youve brought up your looks.
You have low self esteem...thats what it is.

Yeah of course I have low self esteem, many guys with early hairloss do. Not a big surprise there. I'll bring my looks up whenever I want, no need to take the "bait", like you call it. It's funny how you popped up in this thread only after the conversation on the original topic faded and I happened to mention my looks. You're here just to mock others whenever you get the chance. Talking about low self esteem... I actually haven't witnessed a single positive post from you, they're always controversial in some way. I guess some ppl think it's cool to be negative and "witty" all the time.