Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hallo, just signed up because I'm interested in this procedure.
I think this is a promising treatment but a couple of things do not make sense in my opinion but maybe I am just ignorant.

How long does a wound created by a dermapen need to actually heal?
The problem obviously is that if a person starts to create a wound before the last wound healt than the procedure of wound induced neo genesis stops and the microneedling was useless.

Since microneedling clearly works for some people. Maybe their wounds just Faster than usually and new hair follicles are created. Is hear someone who knows the since behind this? I believe knowing this could help a lot.

And I do not want to discourage people but why is the hair on photos always of different lengths? Wouldn't it makes since to always shave the head to the same length and document the progress like that? This way it is also better to see If one is responding or not.
For a 1.5mm wounded skin it takes 2-3 months to complete its collagen buildup.
Recommended frequency between needling treatments for other skin problems, at 1.5mm, is every 6 weeks.
I don't know if the scalp skin is somehow different and requires less time to heal or not, but I'm not going to do more than once every 3-4 weeks.
Maybe it's counter productive to go 1.5mm/2mm every week, or maybe it depends if you're using a roller or a pen/stamp because a roller's makes "wider" wounding as oppose to the pen/stamp so it takes longer to heal,
On the other hand, less times needling means less times going deeper absorption of topicals (if uses).
And I know about the studies that did once a week. I wish we had more info...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hallo, just signed up because I'm interested in this procedure.
I think this is a promising treatment but a couple of things do not make sense in my opinion but maybe I am just ignorant.

How long does a wound created by a dermapen need to actually heal?
The problem obviously is that if a person starts to create a wound before the last wound healt than the procedure of wound induced neo genesis stops and the microneedling was useless.

Since microneedling clearly works for some people. Maybe their wounds just Faster than usually and new hair follicles are created. Is hear someone who knows the since behind this? I believe knowing this could help a lot.

And I do not want to discourage people but why is the hair on photos always of different lengths? Wouldn't it makes since to always shave the head to the same length and document the progress like that? This way it is also better to see If one is responding or not.

I think we are all microneedling to look good, to put it crudely. We have no obligation to document progress in a credible way, especially if that means cutting our cherished hair shorter than we would like to.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we are all microneedling to look good, to put it crudely. We have no obligation to document progress in a credible way, especially if that means cutting our cherished hair shorter than we would like to.
i never took baseline pics and not monitored anything so as to not to jinx things with any expectation of success lol

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For a 1.5mm wounded skin it takes 2-3 months to complete its collagen buildup.
Recommended frequency between needling treatments for other skin problems, at 1.5mm, is every 6 weeks.
I don't know if the scalp skin is somehow different and requires less time to heal or not, but I'm not going to do more than once every 3-4 weeks.
Maybe it's counter productive to go 1.5mm/2mm every week, or maybe it depends if you're using a roller or a pen/stamp because a roller's makes "wider" wounding as oppose to the pen/stamp so it takes longer to heal,
On the other hand, less times needling means less times going deeper absorption of topicals (if uses).
And I know about the studies that did once a week. I wish we had more info...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i didn't think collagen had anything to do with hair growth factors and was more to do with the structure support of the skin?

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop clogging it up the f*****g thread if you can't read a few pages then. You have time to write and waste others time but not to read. Zero patience for people like this

Sorry dude, it's my fault that i don't have time to read 185 pages of a thread on a balding forum just because i work 14 hours a day and also have friends and girlfriend to keep me busy.
I'm a real piece of sh*t.
Forgive me.

/s

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just did my 4th session last night. Went up to 1.75 and it hurt a bit more than i was used to. I will say though over certain areas i bled alot easier. When i say bleed i don't mean crazy amounts of blood. I mean i bled like you see people bleed when they use it on their face. Blood spots that you just wipe off. Funny thing is in my one temple that used to hurt when i started didn't at all. This is the one that bled quicker. The other one which doesn't hurt more.

Again alot of variables to this treatment. Wounding depth, wounding time.... topical and other supplemental treatments. Just so much we don't know.... and maybe will never know. Gotta keep experimenting. Maybe wounding heavy once every 2 weeks is better for someone, as opposed to someone else who wounds more often, or at greater or lesser depth. The one thing i think we can all see is its working for alot of people in a short time. Long term lets hope the results get even better.

For the people seeing slower results. Just keep at it. Gotta give it a solid year or so as some of the veteran wonders have alluded to. Not everyone will be the same. It may take a while for some people to break up fibrosis/get cells to migrate.
Me personally I'm seeing very good things. Thickening of existing hair all over. Hairline i see terminal regrowth, but even there i see some microscopic hairs only visible under certain light. Hairs that weren't there for years. Maybe people are getting those and don't realize

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like I will be only needling for the next two weeks because I'm on some medication that may react with hair loss medication.
Always hate setbacks but 14 says won't make a big difference. I will needle every week till the end of January and then switch to the Chinese Study protocol.

I think you'll be fine. Who knows maybe it works out even better for you.

I’m coming up on three months with no results. Still thinning and shedding normal Amount. No minoxidil tho so might be the factor.

Remember needling alone had slightly better results than minoxidil. So maybe it will take longer. I think the difference is you'll be able to keep those hairs once you get them without relying on minoxidil.

I think once we get the desired hair growth that we could wound far less often. I think one study and even 2young had alluded to this when he said "not needling during summer months". I think for purely maintenance one heavy wounding session for month would do if you factor in the wound healing process continues over several weeks. Even folica has patients coming in for "an office visit" and it says "subsequent visits may be needed". Maybe they have the perfect depth duration ect.

Again there is just so much we don't know. However the thing thats most exciting to me is this isn't just some random snake all treatment. There is legit science behind this and its backed up by a big time company.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also depends on what your situation looks like today. If you're needling on slick bald areas, I would imagine it would take much longer to recover hair there, especially without min. Took like a year for prettyfly to see results if I remember correctly.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thickening of existing hair all over. Hairline i see terminal regrowth, but even there i see some microscopic hairs only visible under certain light. Hairs that weren't there for years. Maybe people are getting those and don't realize
This can definitely be the case. I have peach fuzz on my temples, which can only be seen under intense artificial lighting. There's even a long hair among all those baby hairs and I didn't notice it until I looked up close under that lighting. Looks stupid as f***.
If those little fuckers were to turn terminal, I'd have a solid NW1.5 hairline.
Took like a year for prettyfly to see results if I remember correctly.
Exactly. 1.5 years. He was the ONLY person who stuck with it... And guess who was the ONLY person who got results on that "community" trial.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not even vellus hair? Might just take longer without it. But the combination, that's the real deal.
Hmm actually maybe some vellus hairs on the temples. But the kind that doesn’t really seem to get longer or thicker. Do these fall out before turning terminal or would they start growing thicker on the same vellus hairs?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd imagine they will grow normally.

Btw if you aren't going to add min at least add some other stuff to speed up the growth. Rosemary and peppermint oil, scalp massage 10-20 mins per day. Biotin caps (strongest one). Maybe sandalore?

Last edited:

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys! This is great and all but we should gather information how we do during summer months. Have you guys thought about how u gon do it? How did the veterans do? Let's say you only do microneedling and massage, should you stop needling from May to August and then start again in september? What is your strategy guys? (Open wounds and strong UV light has a higher chance of getting skincancer)

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys! This is great and all but we should gather information how we do during summer months. Have you guys thought about how u gon do it? How did the veterans do? Let's say you only do microneedling and massage, should you stop needling from May to August and then start again in september? What is your strategy guys? (Open wounds and strong UV light has a higher chance of getting skincancer)

I'll still be doing it but only once per month and will wear caps when I go out. And not like I will be staying in the sun for too long. That's where the real risk is.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

We will all have thick layers of hair to protect our scalps from then sun....so no issues there ;)

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope but I also got really lax on minoxidil tbh lol. 1.25mm once a week for a month and 1.5mm twice a week for the subsequent month

I think I'll do this and incorporate some of the Greek poster's ideas. He posted about the skin regeneration cycles and basically how each ingredient would be used on which days to take advantage of how the cycle works. Kind of complicated but the guy regrew several Norwoods in a couple of months if it's not all edited bs

So basically nothing to report here. Didn’t follow any routine and didn’t bleed.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm actually maybe some vellus hairs on the temples. But the kind that doesn’t really seem to get longer or thicker. Do these fall out before turning terminal or would they start growing thicker on the same vellus hairs?

If they weren't there before it can only be seen as a positive. Again needling alone was shown to be slightly better than minoxidil, and i would venture to say you can maintain you gains longterm, unlike what happens to some people with minoxidil.

I think one heavy wounding session per month would be fine, it would just have to be a "heavy" type session. Then you could wear a hat for a couple days after once per. People who micro needle skin regularly do it every 4-6 weeks anyway. At the very least you would maintain, but i see no reason why you couldn't continue to grow hairs as well. There are others that have maintained with just wounding long term. So it is manageable.