Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

luen12

My Regimen
Reaction score

That‘s really interesting. What I find most interesting is, that 0,5mm mouses had better regrowth than the 1mm mouses. Of course human skin is thicker than mouse skin but that shows that needling too deep is not productive and maybe even counterproductive. I really hope Follica will bring light to this and is figuring out the perfect needle length for humans ;)
But I guess we cant go wrong with the Chinese and Indian protocol as they have been proven effective to regrow hair. But before we know otherwise I would say we should not go deeper than 2mm.

Btw, I just got my Derminator today. My bank account is empty now, but I cant wait to use it for the first time on friday ;) Now I also feel confident enough to upgrade from 1,5mm to 2mm twice a month. Really looking forward to any improvements that may come from this :)

aa18

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I'm not trying to scare you or anyone else. Enlarged lymph nodes are a known side effect of dermarolling. I just didn't expect them to be this swollen.

Known by whom? Do you have a source for this claim? I have personally never had swollen lymph nodes from microneedling (I am about 10 sessions in).

freebiefan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw, I just got my Derminator today. My bank account is empty now, but I cant wait to use it for the first time on friday ;) Now I also feel confident enough to upgrade from 1,5mm to 2mm twice a month. Really looking forward to any improvements that may come from this :)
How long did it take to get it after your ordered?

luen12

My Regimen
Reaction score
I ordered it last wednesday, I guess they shipped it 2 days afterwards. But I live in Germany, so shipping from the Czech Republic only takes a few days. But yes, I was also really suprised how fast it was in the end :)

luen12

My Regimen
Reaction score
I must admit I am quite fascinated by the mouse study. Another really interesting thing is their finding, that the skin cells in the needled areas had a higher expression of wnt3a, wnt10b and beta-catenin genes. This was also claimed in the Indian study (for humans ;) ) They also say that „Activation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling is important not only for initiation and maintenance of hair morphogenesis but also for HF regeneration and growth of the hair shaft“. So even though this is only a mouse study, it supports the idea that microneedling is the key for a successfull hair loss treatment (backed by human studies from India and China). Because wether it really is true that DHT is the big bad or not, or wether hair loss is caused by something totally different, needling (and therefore the activated wnt pathway) will induce hair follice regeneration regardless.
In the face of that it also totally makes sense now that Follica mentions the samumed compound in their patent, which is also supposed to be a wnt activator, because it would improve the positve effect even further.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy f*** I'm thinking about quitting. Finasteride possible side effects are nothing compared to this

Known by whom? Do you have a source for this claim? I have personally never had swollen lymph nodes from microneedling (I am about 10 sessions in).

2young2retire noted this as a side effect:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/2young2retires-mastering-the-potential-cure-log.77390/

"-lymph nodes might get big for some days if you wound heavy."

I'm not sure if other long term needlers have noted the same. While swollen lymph nodes can be as scary as something related to cancer - they also get swollen for the common cold. I'm not an expert on the matter of course - but I'm certain they will play a role in wound healing as well. So maybe, the heavier the wounding/session - the bigger the response you may get from the lymphatic system.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay guys here are some pics.
I'm actually kinda shocked.

Under harsh lightining, i look almost completely bald, monk style.
This was the first time i have grown my hair in a long time, i rocked the shaved head for one year.

I think i might be approaching NW4?
Anyhow we'll see what happens in a couple of months of needling. As you can see, my hair is so thin that under harsh lights i look like a monk. Hahaha.

20190130_181022.jpg
Dim lights.

20190130_181101.jpg
Harsh light

20190130_181228.jpg
Harsh light - back

My crown used to be much darker, and also the top of my head. Before, you could not see the horseshoe at all.
After growing it out again, it turns out my hair got much, much worse.

If i stay in dark lights, i don't look THIS bald. But these harsh lightining photos will be useful to compare in a few months.

Even if needling fails, i like the shaved head look so it's no biggie for me. ;)
Just kinda shocked how much my hair got worse after the shave.

aa18

My Regimen
Reaction score
2young2retire noted this as a side effect:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/2young2retires-mastering-the-potential-cure-log.77390/

I'm not sure if other long term needlers have noted the same. While swollen lymph nodes can be as scary as something related to cancer - they also get swollen for the common cold. I'm not an expert on the matter of course - but I'm certain they will play a role in wound healing as well. So maybe, the heavier the wounding/session - the bigger the response you may get from the lymphatic system.

So, several people reported it. Ok, I guess could be a cause for concern.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZidaneBaldGod Luckily - you're not slick bald anywhere. You have coverage everywhere it looks like, despite being thin. Reminds me of 2young2Retires coverage in some ways - although maybe you're thinner to start with:

12442-ff3527fa04fffdd234f99515df248ea9.jpg

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That‘s really interesting. What I find most interesting is, that 0,5mm mouses had better regrowth than the 1mm mouses. Of course human skin is thicker than mouse skin but that shows that needling too deep is not productive and maybe even counterproductive. I really hope Follica will bring light to this and is figuring out the perfect needle length for humans ;)
But I guess we cant go wrong with the Chinese and Indian protocol as they have been proven effective to regrow hair. But before we know otherwise I would say we should not go deeper than 2mm.

Exactly, according to this study longer needles don't mean more regrowth - it means less regrowth.
Btw, so why do you think that 2mm is better? I always thought that 1.5mm is enough and such study suggests the same...

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ZidaneBaldGod Luckily - you're not slick bald anywhere. You have coverage everywhere it looks like, despite being thin. Reminds me of 2young2Retires coverage in some ways - although maybe you're thinner to start with:

View attachment 110902

Yup actually my father has my same hair. He's 50 years old, and his hair looks mostly the same as mine, except a little worse, and grey.

We have a funny looking pattern of hair loss, because people don't consider us baldies, and when we're in really dim lights, we actually look like thin fullheads.

I guess that's why my hair loss is so slow. Cuz my genetics have already been reached. This is my full potential of hairloss already. I won't get much worse than this.

So i can only go up, i'm already at my bottom.

Pelimorfo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did my second session...
On friday, and after that my scalp become itchier and itchier, it becomes so dry i think...
I didnt have itchy before that...so i am thinking leaving it...
Another alternative is to do it without iodine... maybe is the iodine what irritates my scalp?
Any advise...???
Apart of the unconfortability of itchy i am afraid of that becose it use to be a sign of masive hair fall in me...

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I f*****g hate that I have to choose between a weight plate and a cartridge. f*** hair loss and f*** being broke.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup actually my father has my same hair. He's 50 years old, and his hair looks mostly the same as mine, except a little worse, and grey.

We have a funny looking pattern of hair loss, because people don't consider us baldies, and when we're in really dim lights, we actually look like thin fullheads.

I guess that's why my hair loss is so slow. Cuz my genetics have already been reached. This is my full potential of hairloss already. I won't get much worse than this.

So i can only go up, i'm already at my bottom.

I think your form of hairloss will respond great to minoxidil and needling. Are you using already or just started? Sorry reread your other post, you just started needling, good luck.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your form of hairloss will respond great to minoxidil and needling. Are you using already or just started? Sorry reread your other post, you just started needling, good luck.

I have already started needling.
I don't think think i will use minoxidil.
First, because in my country you need a prescription for it.
Second, the first time i used it it did jackshit.
Third, it makes my routine impossible. My hair looks already super thin, when i add minoxidil it makes it so oily that it looks like garbage.
Fourth, i'd rather save money.
And last reason, if i make any gains, i want to KEEP them. Not lose them as soon as i stop using min. That's why i want to rely only on needling.

Also, the only reason i'm needling is because i want to save my hairline, so i can keep a five o clock shadow when i shave. So the only reason why i'm doing this is because i want at least maintenance, so i can save money on SMP. I'd rather not waste the money i save on SMP for minoxidil.

luen12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly, according to this study longer needles don't mean more regrowth - it means less regrowth.
Btw, so why do you think that 2mm is better? I always thought that 1.5mm is enough and such study suggests the same...

I try to needle as rarely as possible, because my skin is still visibly red 3 days afterwards. That's why I decided to needle no more than twice a month. So up to now I did 1,5mm every two weeks. However, I don't know if that is effective enough as there is no study backing that particular protocol, while the 2mm every two weeks is backed by the Chinese study. I haven't yet decided, but I guess I will give the 2mm a try (even though I already had a slight improvement with 1,5mm). But yes, thats why I'm really looking forward to Follica finding out, what the best needle length and frequency is ;)

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
I f*****g hate that I have to choose between a weight plate and a cartridge. f*** hair loss and f*** being broke.
You got a home gym?