Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do some people here manage to do so much damage to scalp and bleed so much? I did my most brutal session today with a 2mm Dermaroller. All I had only my scalp was little pricks with tiny amount of blood oozing out. That's all.

I don't even develop any flaking after my 2mm session. Some people here claim that they develop flakes upto 3-4 days after a session?
What am I doing wrong here?

If you read the original Indian study you're not supposed to bleed while rolling.

Everyone's physiology is different so to compare yourself to others is foolhardy. You should try to replicate the Indian study and stick to it for a year. This isn't a quick fix.

I've dermarolled and used a D2 and I've never had any flaking.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can somebody help, so I used 1mm dermaroll for the first time yesterday and it didnt hurt even a little, I quite enjoy dermarolling my scalp actually, should I use it more than once a week then?

I would dermroll every 3-4 days if that’s the case or instead increase the needle size to 1.5mm than dermaroll no more than once a week, you just may have thicker scalp skin.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do some people here manage to do so much damage to scalp and bleed so much? I did my most brutal session today with a 2mm Dermaroller. All I had only my scalp was little pricks with tiny amount of blood oozing out. That's all.

I don't even develop any flaking after my 2mm session. Some people here claim that they develop flakes upto 3-4 days after a session?
What am I doing wrong here?

You’re not doing anything wrong, I’m experiencing the same as you, I started with 1mm the 1st session with my Dr Pen, by the 3rd session I upped it to 1.5mm and my most recent session #7 I upped it to 2mm and only bleed small droplets of blood if I’ve pushed too hard in one spot for too long and I just spray my scalp with a saline spray to clean the scalp after and I’m all good, even the scalp redness is starting to fade faster now.

Everyone is different in how their body tolerates pain and reacts so don’t compare too much to others.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems like lots of trolls(Bio/Pharma/Cosmetic Corp shills??) on here spreading misinformation and trying their best(worst) to discredit microneedling and $u$tain the norm, I’m willing to bet.

So much cognitive dissonance in this thread.

Yes there are some people who had great success with minoxidil and dermarolling. Than there is a lot of us who tried it and it did jack sh*t. Anytime someone says that dermarolling and minoxidil didn't work for him: "OMG ANOTHER MERCK SHILL TRYING TO SELL PILL THAT GROWS VAGINA !!!$#))%#)%$". Cmon..

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So much cognitive dissonance in this thread.

Yes there are some people who had great success with minoxidil and dermarolling. Than there is a lot of us who tried it and it did jack sh*t. Anytime someone says that dermarolling and minoxidil didn't work for him: "OMG ANOTHER MERCK SHILL TRYING TO SELL PILL THAT GROWS VAGINA !!!$#))%#)%$". Cmon..

I’ve never said it’s working for everyone, BUT, it seems those that claim its doing jack sh*t for them have been negative and bashing the process (not saying you are, just my overall observation) and some definitely have an agenda to discredit either to troll or shill.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have the minoxidil 5 percent and dermaneedling non responders given up or escalated treatments ? Basically I think these people are just minoxidil non responders. Instead of giveing up why not escalate to the two products that improve minoxidil response rate. Their is 10 percent minoxidil and minoxidil plus retina both sold online.

Raksha

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been reading about people getting scars a bit on this thread and I'm curious what a scar caused from a dermaroller would even look like?

I'm backing off a bit on how hard I'm going with my dermaroller because of the talk of scarring. I'm honestly not super worried about scarring because if you ever got scars you would just have to not press as hard and the scars would go away after a few sessions. I know with the india study they say that the scalp didn't even bleed so I'm going to try doing that for awhile or maybe getting a derma pen and doing 1.0mm weekly.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1 month & 1 week progress (7th session done today)

Note, this is in my hairline and temple areas that long ago lost hair. It’s more difficult to capture progrsss in areas that have hair already. Not noticing any scar tissue in needled areas yet to develop any follicles.

Attachments

• A04BF00D-F452-49AB-9489-5739B1D8759C.jpeg
    A04BF00D-F452-49AB-9489-5739B1D8759C.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 670

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
^ Without baseline references your pictures are meaningless.

Baseline is nothing was there, didn’t take photos of bald area, I did not expect to see any progress this early and it is still early. Unless someone is visually impaired, it’s obvious that there’s a distinction between native vellus or miniaturized hairs and their surrounding tissue and new hairs with much thicker caliber( probably due to minoxidil) protruding from distinctly circular disturbed skin of an artificially induced needle punch.

Your “meaningless” is subjectively meaningless, I’m not the head of clinical trials of a university.

Last edited:

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Another member moving the goalpost... This thread was started purely to see whether minoxidil and microneedling were effective against male pattern baldness. The needling wasn't an adjunct to an anti androgen and nor was it ever implied that it was essential.

I dont know why people are acting like know it alls now several months down the line when it's clear needling isn't what it was cracked up to be. Where were these same people at the start saying needling and minoxidil are only effective is you're on finasteride or duta?

Yes it was. There's a lot of idiots here that think they will not go bald if they only use dermarolling and minoxidil, deluded enough to forget the A in A.G.A.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of people think they are reverting the situation the first months of minoxidil usage, then reality hits hard within a year or two.

Is this evidence based or just pulled out of your ***?

I guess the original poster of this thread has lost all his gains now that he is over a year. LOL

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it was. There's a lot of idiots here that think they will not go bald if they only use dermarolling and minoxidil, deluded enough to forget the A in A.G.A.

And there’s also an idiot whom believes this:
“Actually now, dutasteride or finasteride make finding cancers easier due the smaller prostate.” ... When the clinical fact is the opposite, oh wait now, wasn’t this your comment??? Lmao.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of people think they are reverting the situation the first months of minoxidil usage, then reality hits hard within a year or two.

Hmm, that might be the case for some but I thought minoxidil was only supposed to work well on the crown.

I used minoxidil for a couple of years and it did nothing for me but, combined with dermarolling, it has worked wonders.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm, that might be the case for some but I thought minoxidil was only supposed to work well on the crown.

I used minoxidil for a couple of years and it did nothing for me but, combined with dermarolling, it has worked wonders.

Are you still seeing improvements, or have you finally reached the limits?

Also, what do you reckon would happen if you stopped treatment? Dhurat study mentioned that patients sustained their results for a 18 months

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you still seeing improvements, or have you finally reached the limits?

Also, what do you reckon would happen if you stopped treatment? Dhurat study mentioned that patients sustained their results for a 18 months

I was unwell for quite a long time so stopped doing it but I have started again. I didn't lose any gains and have starting using my dermaroller and minoxidil again, so I will keep you updated.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this evidence based or just pulled out of your ***?

I guess the original poster of this thread has lost all his gains now that he is over a year. LOL
This IS evidence based, and a well known fact for most hair loss sufferers in this forums. Minoxidil induced gains are almost completely gone within 2 years. It happened to me, and it happens to almost everyone else. It is clearly described in the graph I posted below, which is from a study published 17 years ago.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10534633/

So yes, it is a fact. The real question is, are people who respond to microneedling able to maintain over the 2 year mark? That is something I would very much like to know. If not, then I guess most of the responders here were effectively just responding to minoxidil. If they do, then it's most likely needling doing the heavy work, because it's mechanism of action is allegedly different from that of minoxidil.

OH, and of course, this should be evaluated in people who are not on finasteride, because finasteride users are much more likely to maintain in the long term.

Also GrowPro, I'd like to insist once again, in a respectful manner, that you start posting before and after pics, because no matter how many times you claim there was no hair there, it's overly deceitful to follow the approach of only posting an "after pic". Those micro hairs you are showing us are so tiny that they aren't very noticeable to the naked eye, so they might have been there before you started treatments. This is a very common mistake in people that get a magnifying lens for their phone camera. They always find micro hairs, and if they took the pic after treatment, they think it's new hair. The bad news is that, those who do it right and also take pics before treatment also find exactly the same micro hairs, and they had no idea they were there because they were undetectable.

I suggest we all follow a good and scientifically reasonable conduct to evaluate progress in this thread, otherwise this thing will lose credibility. We need to provide good evidence, so let's do things the right way.

Attachments

• minoxidil-long-term-01.gif
    minoxidil-long-term-01.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 244