What happened to hair loss forums in general?

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks bud, no I have high blood pressure and get heart palpitations. I'm basically just using nizoral, dermastamping and minoxidil. interesting though, my dads doctor just put him on spironolactone for his high blood pressure because it was related to his adrenal gland. I am like identical to my dad, so I'm gonna see if spironolactone is right for my high BP and if it helps with it perhaps I can kill two birds with one stone. but Im sure, based on my history and my bodies amazingly awesome ability to just go nuclear in counteracting any hair loss drug that it will just make it worst.
Even if some med improves one symptom (in this case hairloss) it could easily give the person new issues.

Meds like Accutane, Finasteride, Antidepressants, are literally neurotoxic - they cause neuroinflammation and destabilize the central nervous system. Some people are lucky they can tolerate them but who knows if they don't develop underlying issues over long term use, that could randomly appear one day or upon cessation? Ultimately they should all be banned.

Balding isn't even that bad and I now see young bald men as normal. I had 3 transplants and my hairline looks great now, but if/when it thins out I will just buzz my head to a 0-1 and move on with my life.

What IS bad is how young men are pressured to think balding is a "death sentence" and risk their health in the process by experimenting with dangerous drugs and fringe treatments. Our body is a temple and should be treated as such.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if some med improves one symptom (in this case hairloss) it could easily give the person new issues.

Meds like Accutane, Finasteride, Antidepressants, are literally neurotoxic - they cause neuroinflammation and destabilize the central nervous system. Some people are lucky they can tolerate them but who knows if they don't develop underlying issues over long term use, that could randomly appear one day or upon cessation? Ultimately they should all be banned.

Balding isn't even that bad and I now see young bald men as normal. I had 3 transplants and my hairline looks great now, but if/when it thins out I will just buzz my head to a 0-1 and move on with my life.

What IS bad is how young men are pressured to think balding is a "death sentence" and risk their health in the process by experimenting with dangerous drugs and fringe treatments. Our body is a temple and should be treated as such.
I used to suffer from moderate acne due to excessively oily skin. My doctor mentioned maybe prescribing me Accutane. I categorically refused after reading some horror stories. I know it works wonders for some people but it definitely wasn't worth the risk for me. I'd rather have a few annoying pimples *shrug*

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to suffer from moderate acne due to excessively oily skin. My doctor mentioned maybe prescribing me Accutane. I categorically refused after reading some horror stories. I know it works wonders for some people but it definitely wasn't worth the risk for me. I'd rather have a few annoying pimples *shrug*
I am one of those horror stories but it happened to me from antidepressants/anti anxiety meds and maybe finasteride contributed. I also used accutane in my teens.

I can't stress how much I regret going so hard with pharmaceuticals and trusting fraudulent "high profile", "smart" doctors who actually don't know much at all behind their facade. Nowadays, some deep Internet dive makes us far more ahead and informed than they are in some ways.

I'm only in my early 30s and have TONS of health issues. I believe that I will slowly improve and probably even fully recover with time but life is so difficult rn.

I have achieved all those outside achievements that people on this forum desired like a long term girlfriend, hair, a great career, etc but harmed myself so much in the process, due to the obsession/madness that lead me down that dangerous path.

Now I want to help others avoid the mistakes I have made and it starts with full body acceptance. We are not meant to be perfect by any means.

This forum should stop throwing Finasteride at people like it's some harmless miracle cure.

Last edited:

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am one of those horror stories but it happened to me from antidepressants/anti anxiety meds and maybe finasteride contributed. I also used accutane in my teens.

I can't stress how much I regret going so hard with pharmaceuticals and trusting fraudulent "high profile", "smart" doctors who actually don't know much at all behind their facade. Nowadays, some deep Internet dive makes us far more ahead and informed than they are in some ways.

I'm only in my early 30s and have TONS of health issues. I believe that I will slowly improve and probably even fully recover with time but life is so difficult rn.

I have achieved all those outside achievements that people on this forum desired like a long term girlfriend, hair, a great career, etc but harmed myself so much in the process, due to the obsession/madness that lead me down that dangerous path.

Now I want to help others avoid the mistakes I have made and it starts with full body acceptance. We are not meant to be perfect by any means.

This forum should stop throwing Finasteride at people like it's some harmless miracle cure.
Lots of guys are using systems of meds don’t work

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s just pretty mind boggling that finasteride is prescribed like candy. But then oral minoxidil is only allowed to be prescribed off-label. Sure OM has sides and risks too, not saying it doesn’t, but it’s certainly not nearly as deleterious as finasteride’s cascade of neurological, paracrine, endocrine, and sexual side effects. It is so crazy that a drug which nukes the most androgenic hormone in existence (we haven’t even been able to create a synthetic steroid more androgenic than DHT btw) is so freely prescribed.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s just pretty mind boggling that finasteride is prescribed like candy. But then oral minoxidil is only allowed to be prescribed off-label. Sure OM has sides and risks too, not saying it doesn’t, but it’s certainly not nearly as deleterious as finasteride’s cascade of neurological, paracrine, endocrine, and sexual side effects. It is so crazy that a drug which nukes the most androgenic hormone in existence (we haven’t even been able to create a synthetic steroid more androgenic than DHT btw) is so freely prescribed.

@DoctorHouse

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
to me, finasteride is a f*cking joke. I've tried taking it twice, once for an entire year... it's shedding it's shedding!!! the hairs grow back stronger!! if anyone says that to me again I will hunt them down and burn off their nuts with an angle grinder. it causes intense inflammation, especially along the hairline... then the hair line gets obliterated, and the inflammation continues for months. f*cking swelling, pressure feeling, crawling, itching. I got telogen effluvium this year and lost probably 30% in the middle of it, oh ill give finasteride a try again because I'm a godamn idiot! dejavu, swelling, crawling, itching, watery semen, hairline obliterated and miniaturized within a month.
Lol, I've been on it for 3 years and shedding like f*** in the middle of my hairline, seems like i've maintained everywhere else though. Also have the side effect of watery semen but it doesn't bother me too much.

cuckthorn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, I've been on it for 3 years and shedding like f*** in the middle of my hairline, seems like i've maintained everywhere else though. Also have the side effect of watery semen but it doesn't bother me too much.
How was the first year on it? Did you maintain, gain or lose?

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How was the first year on it? Did you maintain, gain or lose?
Hair thickened up at the temples in the first year, I stopped having to style my hair a certain way to hide the thinning. After 3 years, I am now either slightly below baseline or my thinning just looks worse because my hair is shorter than it was when I started finasteride. My hairline looks thinner in the middle but the temples have maintained.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
I was on oral finasteride and topical min for 14 years. Maintained and regrew some, but definitely had sides the whole time. I switched to topical finasteride/min two years ago and my sides disappeared and I had better efficacy than oral.

I realize it’s different for everyone, but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.