Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lol Oknow you have no idea what hair loss is now do you lol :D

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:
dudemon said:
I know what being in that 1% is like. I was the ONLY kid in HIGHSCHOOL who began to show signs of male pattern baldness BEFORE my highschool graduation! In fact, at 17 years old I became a NW1.5 and by the time I hit 19, I was already NW2-2.5 with a very visible thinning crown and widow's peaks. By the time I hit 21, I was already a NW3, and I hit NW4 before my 24th birthday. I luckily only went from a NW4 to NW5 by the time Propecia was released in 1998.

What did your widow peak look like? I am so confused with what a receeding hairline looks like in its earliest stages in comparison to a mature hairline. You have some dude's who's hairline is like this, not a sharp triangle:

haircuts%20for%20receding%20hairlines.jpg

Then you get guy's whose hairline goes back like this, my hairline is like his ATM:

before:

410px-Donnie_%26_Jordan.jpg

Jordan-Knight-AMA.jpg

His hairline has obviously changed.

What do you classify as receeding?

And are all high NWs, bald by the time they are in their early/mid twenties

A hairline which is going to continue to recede past a typical 'mature hairline' can look exactly like a mature hairline in it's early stages. The only way to really tell the difference is via a bulk analysis.

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
Pacman said:
My world is unbeleivably dark and bleak at the moment.

My love in life is women. My passion. Its what excites me. Not saying that Im a player or anything. Just that meeting women is what I love. Simple.

And for a few years I was desired. When my receding hairline hadn't made much of an impact. Now my f****ing recession has made my forehead look bulbous and shitty and it has completely f***ed up the proportions and contours of my face. My attractiveness went down from what I perceived to be between 8-9 to about a 6-7.

I feel like a pig. I hate myself right now. Now im just another average joe who has to get lucky with some fat pig f*ck for a women.

It doesn't matter how good my body is, or how nice my clothes are. Its all about the facial aesthetics. Thats all that matters, as long as your body isn't fat and you have at least decent clothes. You can't polish a turd. Once Im fully bald..f*ck..I don't know what I'll do. Im not tall. I live in the f****ing UK and dont get much sun so ill be pale and bald. And god help me if I have a beer belly. Shortish, fat, bald..what more could you want. I'll have to play the 'ironic' bald guy card in life. Hey everyone! Im the bald guy!

And Ill never be able to get with hot girls anymore. I'll have to settle for someone who is on a similar level of attractiviness to me when Im fully bald. Ill have to settle for second best. All because the f****ing hairs on my head f***ed me. f*ck.

Life to me is just a constant f****ing rat race. Work like sh*t. Have sh*t things happen. The only good reward is finding a nice woman. But how will do I do that as a bald f*ck. A bald f*ck with ruined self belief and confidence.

My only hope now is to look impeccable in other areas. Dress well always. Have a great body and make sure my complexion is good through fitness and diet and overall health. As a bald guy you have to really put the effort in, and all that effort doesn't take away the effects of the baldness.

How f****ing demoralizing will it be when even hypothetically im doing everything I f****ing can to still look good. Dressing well, eating healthily, looking tan, having a good job etc but the hot women will still pick up any guy with a nice face and hair over me.

So all the effort you put in, the returns are really diminishing once you get bald.

Karma. Sometimes bad things happen to bad people.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
stableforehead said:
Oknow said:
dudemon said:
I know what being in that 1% is like. I was the ONLY kid in HIGHSCHOOL who began to show signs of male pattern baldness BEFORE my highschool graduation! In fact, at 17 years old I became a NW1.5 and by the time I hit 19, I was already NW2-2.5 with a very visible thinning crown and widow's peaks. By the time I hit 21, I was already a NW3, and I hit NW4 before my 24th birthday. I luckily only went from a NW4 to NW5 by the time Propecia was released in 1998.

What did your widow peak look like? I am so confused with what a receeding hairline looks like in its earliest stages in comparison to a mature hairline. You have some dude's who's hairline is like this, not a sharp triangle:

haircuts%20for%20receding%20hairlines.jpg

Then you get guy's whose hairline goes back like this, my hairline is like his ATM:

before:

410px-Donnie_%26_Jordan.jpg

Jordan-Knight-AMA.jpg

His hairline has obviously changed.

What do you classify as receeding?

And are all high NWs, bald by the time they are in their early/mid twenties

A hairline which is going to continue to recede past a typical 'mature hairline' can look exactly like a mature hairline in it's early stages. The only way to really tell the difference is via a bulk analysis.

And what the hell does a mature hairline look like?

Dont send me the link to the balding blog, I will still confused.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:

A mature hairline will still be reflective of a juvenile hairline which is different for everybody. People usually say the centre of a mature hairline should be no more than an inch higher than the highest wrinkle on your foreheard when you frown. However my hairline has always been over an inch higher than this highest wrinkle in the centre so it's not always reflective. I really couldn't tell you exactly what a mature hairline looks like. it could be a widows peak, it could be a gentle curve, or it could just be slightly receded but even corners. It depends what you were born with and really what was programmed to happen with your hair.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
stableforehead said:
Oknow said:

A mature hairline will still be reflective of a juvenile hairline which is different for everybody. People usually say the centre of a mature hairline should be no more than an inch higher than the highest wrinkle on your foreheard when you frown. However my hairline has always been over an inch higher than this highest wrinkle in the centre so it's not always reflective. I really couldn't tell you exactly what a mature hairline looks like. it could be a widows peak, it could be a gentle curve, or it could just be slightly receded but even corners. It depends what you were born with and really what was programmed to happen with your hair.

So its just male pattern baldness that stops?

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:
stableforehead said:
Oknow said:

So its just male pattern baldness that stops?

male pattern baldness basically just defines the occurence of hair falling out in the pattern that happens to so many men. A mature hairline wouldn't really be considered baldness by anybody, so to call it male patterm baldness would be a little odd. Since there are so many theories about what causes male pattern baldness, we couldn't say a mature hairline is caused by the same thing. If it was just male pattern baldness that stopped, then we'd probably see more people with a small bald spot on their crown and then no other hair loss for the rest of their lives.

Basically everybody has a certain amount of hairs which are programmed to fall out at some point. Some people will keep all of their hair (very lucky few) some will progress to a mature hairline (also lucky, but more common) and some will lose a significant amount of hair. There are too many men with what can be considered a mature hairline to say that it was just male pattern baldness that stopped. It's just another feature of ageing I suppose.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
barcafan said:
holy crap, 1 year later and oknow is still saying the same weird sh*t

I am just confused about this mature hairline bullshit

triplethreat

Reaction score
A mature hairline vs balding???

Its pretty simple...

A guy with a mature hairline wont notice hair falling out. His hair just goes back gradually over few years and stops.

A guy thats balding.... will notice hair in the sink on his pillow......on his keyboard.......on his hands.........EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!! ARRGGHH!!!!!!!!

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
triplethreat said:
A mature hairline vs balding???

Its pretty simple...

A guy with a mature hairline wont notice hair falling out. His hair just goes back gradually over few years and stops.

A guy thats balding.... will notice hair in the sink on his pillow......on his keyboard.......on his hands.........EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!! ARRGGHH!!!!!!!!

How many hairs did you shed on average before starting treatment.

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a 32 year old friend average looking guy. He's is an accomplished doctor and univ prof here with aggressive hair loss. He's from a culture where the parents do the matchmaking and "on paper" he's a great catch.

He's pursuing girls between 20-27 and he's probably "talked to" about 300 girls. He's a picky guy so these girls are all above average looking (i.e. his parents are looking for hot girls). Anyway, he's been nixed by all the girls he's liked out of this group (approx 40 or so).

I would have thought some of these women might have taken the plunge just for the financial security and giant home. Not to mention, he's a very nice guy who would treat his spouse right. But no one bit.

He is now focussing his efforts overseas to countries where women still have "financial security" high on their priority list. So, in this case, the hairloss killed him.

From my own experience, I think hair loss signals age, and young women seek young partners, if not for their own reasons, to show others that their mate is good. Let's face it, it's hard for a 20 something girl to hype up a bald guy to her friends. Now that my hairloss is more advanced, I'm sure some women cross me off the list as Im looking more and more my age (ie. 40).

There are always exceptions but I think this trend is true.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
Pacman said:
How f****ing demoralizing will it be when even hypothetically im doing everything I f****ing can to still look good. Dressing well, eating healthily, looking tan, having a good job etc but the hot women will still pick up any guy with a nice face and hair over me.

Imagine how non-aesthetic guys (with or without) must feel. At least you've had decent looking women. What about the rest of us who've never had the privilege? Can you imagine how depressing it is?

Someone who has had very good looking woman I would say the pain of losing them could possibly supercede not ever having them in the first place. They are like a drug.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here's one to all of you "confidence-is-everything" freaks out there;
i watched Dr.Phil's show today (season 8 - "Family Returns".. i remembered because i never watch it, and i marked to episode to catch it online and show to you, but couldnt find the bit) he said when he first met his wife, he was 22yo and completely bald, her parents didnt want her to be with him because he looked old, he had to catch a one-on-one with them to explain that he is a nice guy so he could date her... i think that shows you that baldness fucks up attractiveness like no other thing, i think even if he was handicapped they would treat him better and allowed her to date him.... so yeah.. kills your chances no question about it... :(

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Kills would be exaggeration ----beats up is more appropriate. :woot:

s.a.f

Reaction score
imlosinit said:
I have a 32 year old friend average looking guy. He's is an accomplished doctor and univ prof here with aggressive hair loss. He's from a culture where the parents do the matchmaking and "on paper" he's a great catch.

He's pursuing girls between 20-27 and he's probably "talked to" about 300 girls. He's a picky guy so these girls are all above average looking (i.e. his parents are looking for hot girls). Anyway, he's been nixed by all the girls he's liked out of this group (approx 40 or so).

I would have thought some of these women might have taken the plunge just for the financial security and giant home. Not to mention, he's a very nice guy who would treat his spouse right. But no one bit.

He is now focussing his efforts overseas to countries where women still have "financial security" high on their priority list. So, in this case, the hairloss killed him.

I think I'd much rather be single than just be a meal ticket for some desperate woman with no sense of independance or integrity.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
So baldness becomes a problem when you want to date your gf parents :dunno:

cuebald

Reaction score
So it has taken over two years for OKNow to realise he has a mature hairline

barcafan

Reaction score
Everyone has this sense of entitlement to a hot woman when they themselves are probably nowhere near their league

Why don't you give an average looking girl a chance for a change? You may find your success go up.

keep up the hypocrisy, gents