Yeah hairloss kills your chances

AoR

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Trust me if you have an unusual shaped head and start to lose hair, you will never get laid.

I have a less then flattering-shaped head and I get laid much much more than I did before the hair loss.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
imlosinit said:
He's Indo/Pak/Desi. (Doctor, surprise surprise). But he was raised in Canada and has made every effort to find someone local. Since he's his family's golden boy, there is some pressure for him to find a knockout. He's not moving to another country, he's a world traveller, but now he's also looking for prospective mates on his journeys.

btw, this isnt an uncommon occurrence. many people end up returning to their home countries to bag a wife.

Good luck to him..did he consider all ethnicities in Canada?[/quote]

Yup. And there are plenty. We were all mystified at his lack of success. In two cases that I know of, the girls cited his receding hairline as a dealbreaker (much to the chagrin of the girls' parents).[/quote]

Since he has been with different ethnicities, is there a difference in the way different cultures percieve baldness? I believe asians view baldness very negatively.

Is he in shape? Or is he overweight?

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
Since he has been with different ethnicities, is there a difference in the way different cultures percieve baldness? I believe asians view baldness very negatively.

Is he in shape? Or is he overweight?

He's in decent shape. I'd post a pic but I'm scared he's on this site too! lol

Re south asians, young girls refer to guys over 40 as "Uncle" even if the man is not really their uncle. It's a term of respect accorded to anyone who's clearly older than you. They'll use the equivalent of "brother" if the guy is around 1-7 years older. They're not uncles yet.

Anyway, it's no coincidence that bald guys get the "Uncle" label real quick. Personally, I've decided that i"m gonna get a piece rather than a crappy looking hair transplant. With a piece I wont rush into Uncle-dom so quickly lol

ps as i said, i do alot of travelling over there and as a norwood spotter, im always shocked at the density of hair that guys have there. my older bro (nw6) pointed one guy out in his late 40s and said "holy ----, that guy doesnt even have a part!" lol

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
imlosinit said:
He's in decent shape. I'd post a pic but I'm scared he's on this site too! lol

Re south asians, young girls refer to guys over 40 as "Uncle" even if the man is not really their uncle. It's a term of respect accorded to anyone who's clearly older than you. They'll use the equivalent of "brother" if the guy is around 1-7 years older. They're not uncles yet.

Anyway, it's no coincidence that bald guys get the "Uncle" label real quick. Personally, I've decided that i"m gonna get a piece rather than a crappy looking hair transplant. With a piece I wont rush into Uncle-dom so quickly lol

ps as i said, i do alot of travelling over there and as a norwood spotter, im always shocked at the density of hair that guys have there. my older bro (nw6) pointed one guy out in his late 40s and said "holy ----, that guy doesnt even have a part!" lol

Hmmm, it seems that baldness in south asia is even more of a handicap than in the west. How do the baldies do over there?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Reaction score
Imlosinit- what is a hairpiece going to get you? When you meet a woman and actually start liking someone, how will you explain the rug? Doesn't sound like something that would go over too well....

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
hairlosshippie said:
Imlosinit- what is a hairpiece going to get you? When you meet a woman and actually start liking someone, how will you explain the rug? Doesn't sound like something that would go over too well....

I know someone who has one. I agree it will be difficult to explain in a new relationship. It may be a dealbreaker, may be deemed a "bait and switch". But if you're in a relationship, and you are balding, you can talk about it with your partner. She may not be closed to the idea, particularly if you look much better.

Perhaps you're thinking of the wigs in the Beastie Boy's "Sabotage" video. That was a long time ago. I'm told they're getting better-- less work and less detectable. Still in the initial stages of my research. Saw the beginning of a nice thread here.

Anyway if you look 3-4 pts better (out of 10), you'll get more attention for sure. Whether that attention wanes after you disclose the rug is an open question but I bet it's not as bad as we think.

AoR

Reaction score
hairlosshippie said:

I think as long as you are honest about it it shouldn't be a problem for the right person.

s.a.f

Reaction score
AoR said:
hairlosshippie said:

I think as long as you are honest about it it shouldn't be a problem for the right person.

But then the same could be said of baldness.

imlosinit

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
AoR said:
hairlosshippie said:

But then the same could be said of baldness.

It's hard to be dishonest about a shiny bald head that's plain to see.

The hair piece, to some degree, is deceit. But is it that much different that a padded push up bra? It's a device that is intended to make one more attractive to the opposite sex.

The thing with us guys though is, we can boink a girl who appears to have C cups but really has A cups, and we wont be that disappointed cuz, at the end of the night, we got lucky. In some ways we're much easier to please than the fairer sex.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
u have to be kiding me,

a balding man wearing a hairpiece is like the ultimate social lie, there is not ONE thing a man or women could do to change his/her ENTIRE genetic self than a hairpiece.

hair on a bald man completely changes the way he looks.

i can't think of anything else a girl can do to make yourself look different, it's NOTHING compared to a hairpiece.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
hairlosshippie said:
But, with your logic, you're basically saying women prefer my goofy nw3.5 hairline as opposed to me shaving my head? There's no explanation to me why the amount of women coming around didn't decrease when my hair was extremely noticeable. PM me and I'll send you a picture link of me and my ugly hairline if you want. The proof is in the pudding.
There is a fundemental difference between an nw3 and an nw5. It is the difference between being bald vs. having a full head of hair in the eyes of the average passerby. Even with a shaved head, you would look way better than an nw5 with a shaved head because you still have stubble up there as opposed to an exposed pink scalp and a still visible horseshoe.

hairlosshippie said:
Look at this forum. We've been born into a developing country with education, technology, FOOD EVERY DAY, jobs, money, and accessibility to almost anything. Really, imagine for one second living in the bottom poorest 60 countries in the world. I've lived in some and visited quite a few...we're f*cking lucky and blessed in more ways than one can count.

Here's the TRUTH. The TRUTH is that life is a b**ch. You could have no arms, be deformed, handicapped, sick with cancer, etc. Instead we've been dealt with only losing our hair like millions of other men. You've been dealt a card. You choose to let it rule your life or become a stumbling block that you step over like SO MANY MEN already have. I'm not saying I've fully gotten over it, but it's required if you want to have any type of fulfilling life instead of becoming a prisoner to your sorrows that EVERYONE has.
Yes, we know life is a b**ch but evoking the image of a malnourished African child that can be fed with only pennies a day isn't going to make me forget or make my immediate situation any less relevant. If I was writing a letter to my sponsored child then I would refrain from complaining about my lack of hair but this is the impact section of the HairLossTalk.com FFS. Your "lessons" and attempts to trivialize our suffering aren't entirely appreciated.

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
people can be affected by depression based on things far less than hairloss.

look at kurt cobain, he shot himself yet he was a rockstar, had a full head of hair late teens,early 20s +, girls all over him as well (I assume).

his life was great, he got everything (hair,height,fame,money,women), yet he feels like sh*t and kills himself, he felt his life wasn't worth loving due to x,y,z.

yet there are people that walk for hours a day just to get water to survive the next day, none of them are suicidal yet their lives are pretty sh*t in comparison.

for the record i have contemplated suicide JUST BECAUSE of hairloss from the ages of 19-24 (NW5 @ 23/24, diffusing in NW5 pattern at 19).

I have a right to feel this way about my problem regardless of how many people are in wheelchairs at 19 due to a bus accident or whatever.

hairloss is different, some people just CAN NOT handle going bald and live in solitude.

slipy

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:

look at kurt cobain, he shot himself yet he was a rockstar, had a full head of hair late teens,early 20s +, girls all over him as well (I assume).

his life was great, he got everything (hair,height,fame,money,women), yet he feels like sh*t and kills himself, he felt his life wasn't worth loving due to x,y,z.

Cobain was a handsome man but i read he had very low self esteem due to being underweight 130 lbs. I can somehow relate to that as i have the same issue. I wonder how he'd felt i he had male pattern baldness beside that. i'd sh*t myself from happiness if i could at least have hair so in my book he had it relatively good.f***. Being underweight is much more rare than being owerweight, loosing hair young is also rare which makes me very frustrated that i somehow managed to get these two bad cards. I feel annoyod every time people say "at least weight is under your control". Wrong. Thinness can also be genetic just like balding. sorry for the Cobain/weight off topic rant.

s.a.f

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
hairlosshippie said:
But, with your logic, you're basically saying women prefer my goofy nw3.5 hairline as opposed to me shaving my head? There's no explanation to me why the amount of women coming around didn't decrease when my hair was extremely noticeable. PM me and I'll send you a picture link of me and my ugly hairline if you want. The proof is in the pudding.
There is a fundemental difference between an nw3 and an nw5. It is the difference between being bald vs. having a full head of hair in the eyes of the average passerby. Even with a shaved head, you would look way better than an nw5 with a shaved head because you still have stubble up there as opposed to an exposed pink scalp and a still visible horseshoe.

Agreed people dont realise how much hair they still have as a NW2/3/4 until they progress to full baldness. The more you have the better you feel even if its just useless stubble.

s.a.f

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
hairlosshippie said:
Look at this forum. We've been born into a developing country with education, technology, FOOD EVERY DAY, jobs, money, and accessibility to almost anything. Really, imagine for one second living in the bottom poorest 60 countries in the world. I've lived in some and visited quite a few...we're f*cking lucky and blessed in more ways than one can count.

Here's the TRUTH. The TRUTH is that life is a b**ch. You could have no arms, be deformed, handicapped, sick with cancer, etc. Instead we've been dealt with only losing our hair like millions of other men. You've been dealt a card. You choose to let it rule your life or become a stumbling block that you step over like SO MANY MEN already have. I'm not saying I've fully gotten over it, but it's required if you want to have any type of fulfilling life instead of becoming a prisoner to your sorrows that EVERYONE has.
Yes, we know life is a b**ch but evoking the image of a malnourished African child that can be fed with only pennies a day isn't going to make me forget or make my immediate situation any less relevant. If I was writing a letter to my sponsored child then I would refrain from complaining about my lack of hair but this is the impact section of the HairLossTalk.com FFS. Your "lessons" and attempts to trivialize our suffering aren't entirely appreciated.

Again agreed, if you want to use the starving child analogy you might as well just say shut down this entire forum.
Yes 3rd world poverty is terrible and in a different league but we're discussing our problems that are effecting us in real life everyday.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
I actually think fat people look better bald than thin people.

I agree with this. It's hard to explain but fat guys just look better bald... better than skinny guys. I think it has alot to do with the neck. The neck connotes strength because it is the pillar for our head. A weak pillar with a bald head can have an unsettling effect.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:

yet there are people that walk for hours a day just to get water to survive the next day, none of them are suicidal yet their lives are pretty sh*t in comparison.

for the record i have contemplated suicide JUST BECAUSE of hairloss from the ages of 19-24 (NW5 @ 23/24, diffusing in NW5 pattern at 19).

I have a right to feel this way about my problem regardless of how many people are in wheelchairs at 19 due to a bus accident or whatever.

hairloss is different, some people just CAN NOT handle going bald and live in solitude.

Depression isn't necessarily caused by something we see as sad. It's an actual disorder which doesn't really need a cause and when people claim to feel depressed they're misinformed, there's a massive difference between depression and sadness. Hair loss will never cause depression in a perfectly mentally healthy man, it could make them upset etc but actual depression requires a mental imbalance to do with a person's neurones and genetic makeup.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
imlosinit said:
I have a 32 year old friend average looking guy. He's is an accomplished doctor and univ prof here with aggressive hair loss. He's from a culture where the parents do the matchmaking and "on paper" he's a great catch.

He's pursuing girls between 20-27 and he's probably "talked to" about 300 girls. He's a picky guy so these girls are all above average looking (i.e. his parents are looking for hot girls). Anyway, he's been nixed by all the girls he's liked out of this group (approx 40 or so).

I would have thought some of these women might have taken the plunge just for the financial security and giant home. Not to mention, he's a very nice guy who would treat his spouse right. But no one bit.

He is now focussing his efforts overseas to countries where women still have "financial security" high on their priority list. So, in this case, the hairloss killed him.

I think I'd much rather be single than just be a meal ticket for some desperate woman with no sense of independance or integrity.

I would have to disagree with this. For instance women in Russian look for men oversees because there are more women than men due to the aftermarth of ww2. And very successful marriages blossem.
Thai brides true lack financial stability in their country so if you mean by independence these women should suffer for the rest of their lives or marry someone who will love them, give them stability, and in turn they will worship their husband then why the hell not. Being single sucks. Sorry.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
hairlosshippie said:

hairlosshippie said:

Too true, my dad always bangs on about the same thing. You are just one person out of billions blah blah. Well I am myself; it's me I have to deal with every day so therefore I will care about my appearence.