Yesterday I saw this guy while sitting in the train....

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think that Taugs comments have provoked an unnecesary reaction too, I think that most of us do it whether we realise or not..

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UK78 said:
I think that Taugs comments have provoked an unnecesary reaction too, I think that most of us do it whether we realise or not..
Its mostly the wording used thats the problem. The use of the word superior. Superior gives the impression he means hes a better human being than the other guy. Had it have been worded differently, I imagein there would be a different reaction

G

haunted-ballroom said:
UK78 said:
Its mostly the wording used thats the problem. The use of the word superior. Superior gives the impression he means hes a better human being than the other guy. Had it have been worded differently, I imagein there would be a different reaction

Maybe it was just a lack of communication between me and some other members? I don´t think myself as a human who is more worthy than this poor guy. I simply thought that I had several advantages over him and so thought myself as "superior" (and posted it mainly because I was bored....)

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
Everybody is entitled to an opinion, especially on the internet.

Taug's opinion may have seemed harsh, but it was his to have.

He got flamed for it, because it was the opinion of others that he was wrong.

Here's how I feel: I would love for a close friend of mine, or a family member around my age, be it cousin, brother, or whoever, to have the same problems I do. It is not because I am horrible and cruel, it is because I want to be able to share my problems with somebody who understands me. Even if I do not know the person, I find it motivational to see somebody in a similar circumstance as myself. Not because it makes me feel superior, but because I see that they are getting on with their life fine, and that means I should be able to as well. I see that they are not alienated because of their hair loss, they are not "without a girlfriend", or if they are, they are coping with it just fine and getting on with life.

This next statement, however, is cruel. I would be much happier if everybody in the world was bald. That way, it would make me normal. Women don't have to be, but if every other male were bald, or suffering from male pattern baldness, I would throw my propecia away, and not worry about a single thing. It's the public that made me want hair, I myself, care not that much. I simply care about my appearance, and my appearance is outward, towards others.

Enough ranting.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
person_123 said:
Everybody is entitled to an opinion, especially on the internet.

Taug's opinion may have seemed harsh, but it was his to have.

He got flamed for it, because it was the opinion of others that he was wrong.

Here's how I feel: I would love for a close friend of mine, or a family member around my age, be it cousin, brother, or whoever, to have the same problems I do. It is not because I am horrible and cruel, it is because I want to be able to share my problems with somebody who understands me. Even if I do not know the person, I find it motivational to see somebody in a similar circumstance as myself. Not because it makes me feel superior, but because I see that they are getting on with their life fine, and that means I should be able to as well. I see that they are not alienated because of their hair loss, they are not "without a girlfriend", or if they are, they are coping with it just fine and getting on with life.

This next statement, however, is cruel. I would be much happier if everybody in the world was bald. That way, it would make me normal. Women don't have to be, but if every other male were bald, or suffering from male pattern baldness, I would throw my propecia away, and not worry about a single thing. It's the public that made me want hair, I myself, care not that much. I simply care about my appearance, and my appearance is outward, towards others.

Enough ranting.

That's why I can'st stand when people compare being fat to being bald, beacuse you have no control over your hair, but do your weight. Not having hair is absnormal like missing a limb, whereas other problems are just things that have affects, but don'e make you look different than a normal human. A full head of hair is what normal people have. The vast majority of humans have pretty much fulls heads of hair for life. Virtually most women do, and plenty of men do. Women are the majority anyways. So when your'e a chrome dome, you look abnormal. I think all us balding guys want is just to be normal, not anything beyond normal that would compare to having breast implants.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Balding is perfectly normal. bald dudes are everywhere.

On th note, was in NYC last week and was waiting to meet a friend near the Umpire State Building. I was bored while waiting and started Norwood watching. Man, they were everywhere. Many were walking with fine women. These abnormal norwoods were living their lives like normal people. :shock:

s.a.f

Reaction score
It may be normal but its still a minority look. Its human nature to want to fit in and baldness is a highly obvious physical flaw.
I agree that many norwoods are confident enough to deal with it without resorting to the lengths we do but it must piss them off just a little. If there was something that I could do naturally to change my hairloss (diet/excercise) then I'd be a nw1.
I just dont feel right without hair on my head, eg then wind on your scalp, reaching up and not feeling a thick layer of hair on top. (anyone else feel like this?)

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
I hear you saf, but the point is, a bald guy is not a freak. It is the mindset of some of these guys here that is what is causing the most suffering.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
The way I think of it is, that if a woman were bald, I would probably not want to go out with her on first impression. I wouldn't even give her a second glance probably. Same thing goes for women I guess. They wouldn't be interested in a guy if he was bald, especially if he was surrounded by a group of his Norwood 1 friends. You know deep down that if you get chosen, it wasn't because you were her first choice.

I hate male pattern baldness.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thats cheered us up no end :D

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
person_123 said:
The way I think of it is, that if a woman were bald, I would probably not want to go out with her on first impression. I wouldn't even give her a second glance probably. Same thing goes for women I guess. They wouldn't be interested in a guy if he was bald, especially if he was surrounded by a group of his Norwood 1 friends. You know deep down that if you get chosen, it wasn't because you were her first choice.

:roll: People need to get over this women dont like bald people sh*t. If a man has a hansome face being bald makes f*** all difference. And seeing a bald woman is rare, seeing a bald man is common, so there is a difference. Plenty of girls say they dont care about hair. Quit wingin and get on with life

IBM

Reaction score
Well there are not many pretty girls. You can find one in twenty. If you have problems you'll have to rely on your good looking. If you have problems and not good looking (bald is definitely not beautiful) then pray to get a women that you like and she likes you.

The guy that Taug has gazed will not get a pretty women. Her women is probably not atractive.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Some people on here have high expectations they seem to want an absolute stunner or nothing at all. Most will end up with nothing at all.

zackmcqueen

Established Member
Reaction score
person_123 wrote:

haunted ballroom wrote:

People need to get over this women dont like bald people $#iT. If a man has a hansome face being bald makes f*** all difference. And seeing a bald woman is rare, seeing a bald man is common, so there is a difference. Plenty of girls say they dont care about hair. Quit wingin and get on with life

haunted-ballroom is correct here you cant compare the way women react to a bald man in the same way you can how men react to a bald women. In addition the idea that when you do get 'chosen' you know deep down that you were not her first choice is possibly the most ludicruous thing i have ever heard. What could this possibly be based on other than ridciculosly low self-esteem unless she hits on, and gets rejected by, all of your friends first. There are so many guys out there with full heads of hair who are ugly as sin with no charisma to match. I know at least 3 guys personally aged over 24 with hair like brad pitt's and they are all still socially inept virgins. I agree that baldness does have a detrimental effect on a man's appearance, but to imply that this means that ALL norwood ones are better looking and will be a first choice over ALL bald men (as person_123 implies) is like saying that ALL girls with perfect skin are better than ALL girls with some mild acne (the logic is the same: the girl has a physical condition that takes away from her appearance and so it then follows that she must be uglier than all women who do not have this condition- this is the logic of person_123)...anyone with half a brain can see he is full of absolute bullshit; personally id take someone who was naturally beautiful who looked like alicia silverstone or jennifer connely or whetver even if they had mild acne over a much naturally uglier woman who did not have acne.

IBM

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Some people on here have high expectations they seem to want an absolute stunner or nothing at all. Most will end up with nothing at all.

Yes. But what is a stunner for me maybe will be common for you.

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Established Member
Reaction score
person_123 said:
The way I think of it is, that if a woman were bald, I would probably not want to go out with her on first impression. I wouldn't even give her a second glance probably.

2n69klv.jpg

pal what you thinks about her? :hairy:

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've actually been reading a lot on craigslist about women and their views on baldness. They seem to say they don't care that much so long as you are still confident (which will likely be very difficult) and you don't do a combover.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
recboi said:
I've actually been reading a lot on craigslist about women and their views on baldness. They seem to say they don't care that much so long as you are still confident (which will likely be very difficult) and you don't do a combover.

Nobody wants to be with someone who has zero confidence and extremly low self esteem. Confidence and esteem can be built so nobody should blame hairloss as a reason for not hooking up.

There is probably a forum somwhere with guys saying they cant get girls because one nostral is bigger than the other or one ear sticks out and the other dosnt...

s.a.f

Reaction score
IBM said:
s.a.f said:

Yes. But what is a stunner for me maybe will be common for you.

But you said only 1 woman in 20 is good looking from what I can see 10 women out of 20 are good looking. I think you're standards must be higher than mine.
Whats wrong with an 'average' looking girl especialy if she has other qualities. We'd all like a supermodel girlfreind but you have to be realistic and its true to some extent beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It works both ways my sister is no model and never will be but her boyfriend is an ex model and most women would wonder how she ended up with him.