You can still pick up hot chicks with hairloss. Read y

EpidermisShowing

Reaction score
Good god, lots of generalisations here.

Women hate bald guys, English student girls are immature...

Luckily for all of us the world is never so predictable. Dudemon your low in confidence and i am sorry for your situation but you have got to work on your other attributes. We say women are shallow, we are the ones putting everything down to hair and having to get with the hottest woman. I work as a psych with people that have got acquired brain injuries and some seriously messed up disabilities that affect them physically, mentally and asthetically, and though my hailoss pisses me off, fate has dealt worse hands to others.

If you play the game of looks when its not your strong point then you are going to find it harder, there are plenty of women that have hang ups about their own looks, there are plenty of women that are hot and complete idiots, and you still want to get in their pants just because they are hot, well there you go if you think that way then you are being shallow.

Would you got out with a woman if she was bald? how about if she had facial hair? - would you accept you where being shallow? How would you go about letting her know you were not interested? Fact is its not them or us its society as a whole, its now taught us that looks are more important than anything else - why because it sells - very few people by into it as much as we think - so you can either fight against it and do your best anybody that is going to hold against you something as unimportant or uncontrolable as baldness is a tool and will grow up at some point or be a tool for the rest of their life.

My advice: start looking for other attributes in women that you find attractive and you will either find someone thats right for you or they will find you.

barcafan

Reaction score
dudemon said:
I can't get any chicks (let alone hot ones) for the same reason I can't get hired as a business professional: my appearance. When you look as bad as I do, most women (and employers) will not be able to get past that. BTW, I work out in the gym, I have a tan, I do act like I have confidence ... but all that other stuff really makes no difference in my case.

These are not shallow ones - they are just normal, average chicks that probably say to each other, "yuck, eewww, did you see that gross looking guy in our class?" - when they walk past me.

The other ones will say, "oh yeah the one that looks like he had a hair transplant or something?"

"Yuuckk!"
"Ewwww!"

"Ya, what's up with that guy's weird looking hair, and his gross looking face?"

"I don't know - but, I wouldn't touch that gross looking geek with a 10 foot pole!"

"Me neither!" "Eeeeewwwww!!!!!"

And honestly, I alawys hear women saying things like: "Ewww, ewww, ewww" as they walk by me. Then all of them well laugh, and one will say, "Noooo waaaay!" As if they are rating me as a potential mate - I know women are known to do this just like guys do it.

I know they are talking about me - because I hear that everywhere I go. So, it's not just shallow women that act like that. I think MOST women act like that when they are talking amongst themselves and they think guys can't hear them. :(

So....you go to highschool?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yes, while there are always worse conditions, you can't use that to trivialize someone else's suffering (like I am accused of doing to nw2's and 3's). Dudemon just happens to be in a situation that is below AVERAGE....and that tends to stand out. Almost everywhere I go I see guys of all ages with full heads of hair. Statistically speaking we baldbald guys are a minority and I see that reflected in the few bald guys that I see "stick out" everyday. There is this notion that since baldness is not a terminal disease but more of a vanity issue along with all it's other negative associations, that it can't be taken seriously but yet it is alright to make fun of it or even discriminate because of it. Dudemon's disposition has made it possible for him to experience the more shallow, less forgiving side of humanity and has effected his life in relatively debilitating way. It has nothing to do with being shallow, rather suffering the effects of living in a shallow society. But to put a little perspective on this the dude is a self admittedly unattractive middle aged man going to school with twenty somethings. I'm in the same situation with going back to junior college as a 33 year old nw6. But I can just wear a hat and get away with it because I look relatively young.
I just see this whole balding thing as Dante's inferno, with the Norwood's getting higher as you plummet through the rings of hell. :punk: :innocent:

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
I would just like to say that you should stay well away from 18-22 year olds. I have never met a decent young girl who you can have fun with and hold a conversation with. Girls at this age (and I know its a generalisation) just wanna go out with their girlfriends to nightclubs and get drunk - do you really want girlfriend whos like that? My advice to you guys is to go for older girls because they won't give a sh*t about hairloss and looks :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Theres not many bald 18-22 yr olds.

Townsend

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Theres not many bald 18-22 yr olds.

The fact that there is not many of us bald 18-22 year olds makes the stigma of baldness that much worse. I wore a hat non-stop my first three years of college and decided to ditch it my last year. Ironically I got more action in that last year than all three previous years combined (admittedly, not so much lately though). I even dated a hair stylist with my baldass head, but unfortunately I graduated and had to move back home out of state and couldn't keep the long distance thing going.

I'm no NW2 either, and although I think about my hair (or lack thereof, I'm an NW3 crossing quickly over to a 4) a lot I don't let it show on the outside and I think people can pick up on that. Wearing a hat I was always hiding something and it affected me socially but when I decided to just say 'screw it' I become that much more genuine and approachable. The only knock I get against me is that my friends think my sense of humor is too self depreciating to which I reply, "if you can't laugh at yourself then you're taking life too seriously".

Only now that I have graduated and moved out and my core group of friends are 300 miles away I find it harder and harder to live by that mantra. I know I can get by, but I would really kill to be able to have a full head of hair. Life would be so much easier.

Semi off topic, but do you feel male pattern baldness restricts your true potential or do you feel it has made you an emotionally stronger individual and thus has increased your potential? I think the reason anyone is on this forum is to eventually attain the latter, but my god what an uphill battle we have to face!

In the end I think we are not looking to replace lost hair but the time and piece of mind we have sacrificed to something most people take for granted. Many here would agree that male pattern baldness has robbed us of the right and our entitlement to live our lives to the fullest. Are our minds this weak that we can't get over HAIR or is our attitude a direct byproduct of the culture we live in? Or both?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Great 1st post !!! :punk:
That sums up alot of my beliefs perfectly.
Townsend said:
The fact that there is not many of us bald 18-22 year olds makes the stigma of baldness that much worse. I wore a hat non-stop my first three years of college and decided to ditch it my last year. Ironically I got more action in that last year than all three previous years combined (admittedly, not so much lately though). I even dated a hair stylist with my baldass head, but unfortunately I graduated and had to move back home out of state and couldn't keep the long distance thing going.

I'm no NW2 either, and although I think about my hair (or lack thereof, I'm an NW3 crossing quickly over to a 4) a lot I don't let it show on the outside and I think people can pick up on that. Wearing a hat I was always hiding something and it affected me socially but when I decided to just say 'screw it' I become that much more genuine and approachable. The only knock I get against me is that my friends think my sense of humor is too self depreciating to which I reply, "if you can't laugh at yourself then you're taking life too seriously".

Only now that I have graduated and moved out and my core group of friends are 300 miles away I find it harder and harder to live by that mantra. I know I can get by, but I would really kill to be able to have a full head of hair. Life would be so much easier.

Townsend said:
Semi off topic, but do you feel male pattern baldness restricts your true potential or do you feel it has made you an emotionally stronger individual and thus has increased your potential? I think the reason anyone is on this forum is to eventually attain the latter, but my god what an uphill battle we have to face!

I definatley belive that for many suffers m.p.b restricts their potential people say UCman and hatprisoner are whiners and would complain about something else if it was'nt baldness. Maybe but I dont believe theres anything else about them that would effect their lives to the same extent.
But I know that my life would be different without this, it destroyed my confidence and has made me doubt myself in other aspects. Although I'm not quite in the Taug/CCS level by any means.
I'm not saying that I'd be a overwhelming success without baldness but it has been a millstone around my neck. A problem that I put before anything else, if I could change 1 thing its the clear choice.

Townsend said:
In the end I think we are not looking to replace lost hair but the time and piece of mind we have sacrificed to something most people take for granted. Many here would agree that male pattern baldness has robbed us of the right and our entitlement to live our lives to the fullest. Are our minds this weak that we can't get over HAIR or is our attitude a direct byproduct of the culture we live in? Or both?

Yes but many on here will manage to get on with life but I doubt they will be able to truly get over it. I very much doubt that any will become stronger because of it.
For some its hard as f**k to accept. I've said it before but I bet there are even old guys who have been bald for decades who would admit that its been a major issue in their life.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I feel the experience has made me stronger, I'm a NW3 really, but stabilised my loss and i use concealers to thicken it up. I don't agonise over hair loss like i used to, and have accepted it, but i would still always wish i had hair as it progressed.

There was a study done on older bald guys who said they would give up 10 years of their life to have kept a head of hair, and these guys were in their 50 and 60s and been bald for a long time, some of them at least, so i think that proves that hairloss is something you can accept and get on with, but it's something you would change if you could.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Nope, even those cats that are born naturally without hair look miserable :(

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Tdevil said:
die_hard said:
A receiting hairline I think helps out with the ladies

Are you saying it shows maturity? Distinguishing?

Exactly. I really think it gives you a sharp looking edge over all of the drone looking chumps with boyish shagy nw1's

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
A receeding hairline is not that bad. I would kill for a receeding hairline. I would gladly pull it off.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Watcha been up to IBM? Did you get a new job or go back to the old one or what?

IBM

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Watcha been up to IBM? Did you get a new job or go back to the old one or what?

Hey UC. If that question was to me. No i'm the same new job i got two months ago.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
So are you given the respect you deserve at this new job, or is it pretty much the same story?
Ghg, did you hear about how they are considering transplanting entire scalps from cadavers and sewing it to your head? Would they need to remove your scalp or just sew it over your existing scalp? If so wouldn't the hair you have underneath it keep growing and deform the shape of your head? Also they would have to have drugs to keep your body from rejecting it. Questions questions. Maybe I should ask the Texas chainsaw guy or Buffalo Bill from Silence Of The Lambs. I know I am a psychotic killer but it would just be more convenient for me if the person was already dead.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
So are you given the respect you deserve at this new job, or is it pretty much the same story?
Ghg, did you hear about how they are considering transplanting entire scalps from cadavers and sewing it to your head? Would they need to remove your scalp or just sew it over your existing scalp? If so wouldn't the hair you have underneath it keep growing and deform the shape of your head? Also they would have to have drugs to keep your body from rejecting it. Questions questions. Maybe I should ask the Texas chainsaw guy or Buffalo Bill from Silence Of The Lambs. I know I am a psychotic killer but it would just be more convenient for me if the person was already dead.

[youtube:2wp5nfrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0zUU3Xj3g8[/youtube:2wp5nfrs]

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I shall pull the necro card!! :devil:
[youtube:38dw0wbz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0omMTu9Ax8&feature=related[/youtube:38dw0wbz]

nuff said!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Judging by his looks, voice and mannerisms I'd swear he was gay.