You have to admire this guy for using his hairloss in movies

s.a.f

Reaction score
ghg said:
Go on, saf, it's hilarious. And the funniest thing about this is that none of the guys you posted don't even look half-bad bald. Infact they look pretty good. But do please go on.

Thats the point they're all good looking guys and baldness makes even them look much worse, so imagine the impact on the average guys appearance.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I am sure HP and UM would be much happier people if they were making movies (with their current situation) at a million or more a movie. You two need to go to acting school. I will watch your movies.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
ghg said:
Go on, saf, it's hilarious. And the funniest thing about this is that none of the guys you posted don't even look half-bad bald. Infact they look pretty good. But do please go on.

Thats the point they're all good looking guys and baldness makes even them look much worse, so imagine the impact on the average guys appearance.

You're exaggerating, but yeah, I think you knew that already.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
The question is, do YOU know it? Would it kill you to admit that being bald significantly detracts from one's appearance (handsome or not) and that those of you who have slight receding or diffuse ARE in a better place than guys like HP, myself and S.A.F.(pre-op) who are completely bald? You guys like to trivialize the impact this has had on our lives, all the while fussing about your own situations that are obviously nowhere near as bad as are ours. All I want is for you to admit that you are better off than me and that I DO have a right to be more upset.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
UC, you do have more of a reason to be upset. I feel sorry for the bad cards you were dealt. However, stop worrying about what these people think on this forum. They are nothing to you. You are better than that. People on here and the real world are always going to say negative things about you. Its the good people like myself that appreciate people like you regardless of how much hair you have. I would treat you no different than anyone else even if you have no hair. You need to ignore stupidity when it stares you in the face. You are not going to make a dent in some of these people's attitudes. Don't waste your energy trying to make everyone see things your way. Its not going to happen. Your situation definitely sucks.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Norsk said:
Here's a less flattering angle:
Still not as bald as a horseshoe.

Another example:[attachment=1:b8ce8yj4]woody-harrelson01.jpg[/attachment:b8ce8yj4]

Balding

[attachment=0:b8ce8yj4]woody-harrelson-sag-280x400.jpg[/attachment:b8ce8yj4]

Balder

Which would you pick? :whistle:
Woody is over 50 now though isn't he?

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Example 3

Balding
[attachment=1:3l26vrr1]Bruce_Willis_Biography.jpg[/attachment:3l26vrr1]

Bald
[attachment=0:3l26vrr1]Bruce_willis_wine-cooler.jpg[/attachment:3l26vrr1]

Need I go on ....
Once again you are comparing young pic to older pic. Old people are old people.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
ghg said:

Actually their good looks save them, so then you should be pissed that you may have an ugly face and not be super pissed at the balding.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
The question is, do YOU know it? Would it kill you to admit that being bald significantly detracts from one's appearance (handsome or not) and that those of you who have slight receding or diffuse ARE in a better place than guys like HP, myself and S.A.F.(pre-op) who are completely bald? You guys like to trivialize the impact this has had on our lives, all the while fussing about your own situations that are obviously nowhere near as bad as are ours. All I want is for you to admit that you are better off than me and that I DO have a right to be more upset.

Lol, forget that. I have seen many bald men and I don't see most of them as any more inferior than men with hair. The only thing that makes me cringe are the ones who try to hide their baldness with comb-overs or sport a skullet (it just looks disgusting and unclean). A clean #0 buzz or shave doesn't usually look too bad, but of course there are exceptions. You can think whatever you like but don't act like everyone has to think like you. Besides, do you know where the "slight receding" or diffuse thinning leads to? Do you realize that there are certain phases to thinning and receding? For example I had a fairly good amount of hair 2 years ago, I couldn't style it in a fashionable manner but I could style it somehow to cover my thinning. But now, 2 years later my thinning is way too drastic for me to even try to grow my hair out. That's just as bad as being bald. I can't style my hair, I can't grow it out. I might aswell be bald, and I will be pretty soon. I have only 4 fingers in my right hand, that's a thing you surely don't have. It's much worse than being bald. I bet balding is the worst thing that ever happened to you and that's why you're such a cry-baby about it. Infact, I have the right to be way more upset than you, but I realize that we're all individuals and the situation is different to everyone. So, be my guest, be more upset than me.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You boys forget, that although thinning may look better compared to a complete bald guy (really depends on the guy), it’s the anxiety that goes with thinning that makes it so bad. The thinning guy knows he will be a NW6 by 30. Who are you to say to ghg, ‘you can’t be as upset as me because you are not as bald as me, wait 4 years when you are a NW6 and then you can be as upset as me.’

The anxiety that goes with thinning when a treatment isn’t working is devastating. To be fair to ghg, treatment has failed due to various reasons, and (from what he tells us) he is everyday getting closer to a NW6.

If ghg had stopped his hairloss with a treatment then fine, but the fact he hasn’t means you guys should support him because he is going through what you guys have been through and he may be in the same situation as you when he is your age.

I am not comparing hair loss to cancer, this is just an example. lets say, a guy is sick with cancer and has tried various treatments and its failing and another guy who has the same kind of cancer but is further down the line and has no hope. The second guy isn’t going to turn to him and say, what are you complaining about, mine is worse.

So why do you do it with hairloss?

barcafan

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

I can come right back and say if you had more hair than me at my age, then *I* have the right to be more upset, because you have no idea what im going through. Theoretically, of course.

Obsidian

Reaction score
So much for trying to be positive and my thread gets shot to s@$% as usual.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, optimus prime, you hit the nail on the head. And I don't want to brag or anything, but everything I've written about myself on this forum is 100% true. Everything about the side-effects of finasteride is true. The ineffectiveness of the drug in my case is also the naked truth. Finasteride didn't help me one bit, all it did was give me several side-effects which I still have. My prostate is fucked up atm, but I hope it won't be that way forever. Only time will tell. I feel tired almost the whole day although I sleep at least 7 hours every night, usually around 8. I get dripping urine minutes after taking a piss. And it's not just 1-2 drops, it's much more. I can (usually) get an erection easily but it's hard to maintain, and orgasm is really unpredictable. Sometimes I feel something, sometimes I can't feel anything. My concentration level has also gone down a notch... I can't for example watch a movie straight through, it's just impossible. So no, I can't really say that finasteride made my life better...

And obsidian, you'll know after a while that every thread that was meant to be positive on this forum gets shot to pieces by the same individuals.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd rather say that it turned into the "four yorkshiremen".

[youtube:eek:8lj4oxv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo[/youtube:eek:8lj4oxv]

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Norsk said:
I'd rather say that it turned into the "four yorkshiremen".

[youtube:31dvyzav]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo[/youtube:31dvyzav]

thank f*** ! a happy post! and a good one!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problems, GHG. I hope you can regain your "functions" with time.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Sorry to hear about your problems, GHG. I hope you can regain your "functions" with time.

Thanks, me too. It's been 8 months without finasteride now and no turn for the better yet.

lock

Reaction score
ghg, you are depressed (besides that you have hairloss and four fingers, it doesnt take a genious to realize that doesnt help). uc, the main reason you have to be upset about is your lack (for whatever the reason) of skills to deal with your situation, which is really not unusual at all. I guess other balds in their 30's dont like the situation either, but they can manage it much better than you, so you should focus on what yo can change (and according to your posts you cant grow hair)...otherwise you'll end up in a hirloss forum discusising if you have more reasons to be upset..

lock

Reaction score
you bot seem like inteligent and probably good guys..what you say is true imo in many cases (the basic message beig it sucks t be bald &/or age) but you dont seem to be able to get ovr it