40 days No masturbation challenge!

Mjotter

Established Member
Reaction score
Today was the first day where I had a big urge to give up the challenge. I'm still in but...I don't know how much longer I'll last.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
this is pointless, because at some point u will have a nocturnal emission. U should use the time between nocturnal emissions, as the timeframe that ur body naturally can handle sexual activity.

Mjotter

Established Member
Reaction score
I never had nocturnal emissions before even when I went 2 months. Anyways sorry guys but I'm out.

Mjotter

Established Member
Reaction score
Guess not but I'm going to continue the challenge anyways or maybe set up my own personal guidelines because whenever I do it, I feel bad about myself and that's reason enough to stop :jackit:

I also notice my ears/face get red after doing it so this indicates some kind of inflammation going on in my body.

Mjotter

Established Member
Reaction score
But taking a dump doesn't increase hormones in the body and it's needed to get the waste out. Plus it's involuntary so you have no control over it.

If you really want to do a challenge FinFighter, try holding your breath for 40 days. I'm sure we would all love to see you try this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:agree: :woot: :whistle: :agree:

Mjotter

Established Member
Reaction score
It produces hormones for sure, dht idk but it probably does. You need DHT in order to maintain an erection and I'm sure it's correlated with sexual aspects.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
monkey22 said:
BrightonBaldy said:
pictures or close topic

hahah close topic?? who do u think u are? i don't have a camera, but why do you care?? do you think you will have pictures and the people that are doing the challenge give them for free? NO!

repeat: who have a camera and want, add the pics...who don´t have or want, don't do it..we don't have to do an effort and then give the certification to someone who don't give nothing to this challenge...things are not so easy, lazy

The reason pictures matter-> The topic started out as an experiment.... but turned into an argument, so after 40/4000/4000000 days you will claim your hair looks much better and thicker purely to win an argument, rather than running the original experiment you planned too.

If everybody who posted on this topic said 'cool, lets try it and see what happens' then I'd be more inclined to take all of your conclusions seriously. As there was a whole load of posters saying 'stop being so stupid, nothing will change', youre now doing this with a point to prove and are thus going to be less objective.

Pictures would clinch it one way or another, as now it looks like youre not posting pictures as youre afraid to be proved wrong, rather than the fact you dont own a £10$10 camera.

monkey22

Reaction score
buy me one camera and ill send you pictures! im from argentina! here prises are VERY diferents!

besides I don't have nothing to prove, I don't mind yo WIN an argument from a post....it's stupid i think... people who are doing the challenge will have a result from their effort...so I think thats fair enough! if someone want to share photos could do it without problem

BrightonBaldy said:
monkey22 said:
BrightonBaldy said:
pictures or close topic

hahah close topic?? who do u think u are? i don't have a camera, but why do you care?? do you think you will have pictures and the people that are doing the challenge give them for free? NO!

repeat: who have a camera and want, add the pics...who don´t have or want, don't do it..we don't have to do an effort and then give the certification to someone who don't give nothing to this challenge...things are not so easy, lazy

The reason pictures matter-> The topic started out as an experiment.... but turned into an argument, so after 40/4000/4000000 days you will claim your hair looks much better and thicker purely to win an argument, rather than running the original experiment you planned too.

If everybody who posted on this topic said 'cool, lets try it and see what happens' then I'd be more inclined to take all of your conclusions seriously. As there was a whole load of posters saying 'stop being so stupid, nothing will change', youre now doing this with a point to prove and are thus going to be less objective.

Pictures would clinch it one way or another, as now it looks like youre not posting pictures as youre afraid to be proved wrong, rather than the fact you dont own a £10$10 camera.

Mjotter

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Dude the reason that this will not work is that masturbating does not increase the male androgens associated with hair loss, it simply doesn't work that way.

Where did you get the idea that it did?

How can you be so sure?

Mjotter

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Mjotter said:
finfighter said:
Dude the reason that this will not work is that masturbating does not increase the male androgens associated with hair loss, it simply doesn't work that way.

Where did you get the idea that it did?

How can you be so sure?

Because There is no scientific evidence that it does, you are the one making a baseless unsubstantiated claim, and the burden of proof falls upon me? LOL!

Well if you do some research on the internet, you will find that masturbation can in fact increase DHT, testosterone, and all other kinds of hormones but hey, what's the point in telling you this? You're probably going to respond with something like "INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET IS NOT RIGHT!!!".

I can assume that masturbation does have an effect without researching different website. Just look at the side effects of propecia. Inhibiting DHT sure can affect a mans ability to reproduce or have an erection eh?

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
Well if you do some research on the internet, you will find that masturbation can in fact increase DHT, testosterone, and all other kinds of hormones but hey, what's the point in telling you this? You're probably going to respond with something like "INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET IS NOT RIGHT!!!".

reading stuff on the internet isn't wat i'd call research. U have to understand 90% of the internet is p**rn, opinions and forums. U can always find someone saying exactly wat u r thinking, but this doesnt prove its right. I can say for example cesium can cure leukemia, and if i do a search on google ill find people who say it does.

most of the good infomation that constitutes proof isn't available to the public. Its in scientific journals and articles that u have to pay for to read. U can get access to these if u r a university student, because the university pays the costs.

buy me one camera and ill send you pictures! im from argentina! here prises are VERY diferents!

well, u have a computer, and webcams only cost 10$, and laptops have one built in. webcams can take photos!

Mjotter

Established Member
Reaction score
anxious1 said:
[quote:2cra3e4g]Well if you do some research on the internet, you will find that masturbation can in fact increase DHT, testosterone, and all other kinds of hormones but hey, what's the point in telling you this? You're probably going to respond with something like "INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET IS NOT RIGHT!!!".

reading stuff on the internet isn't wat i'd call research. U have to understand 90% of the internet is p**rn, opinions and forums. U can always find someone saying exactly wat u r thinking, but this doesnt prove its right. I can say for example cesium can cure leukemia, and if i do a search on google ill find people who say it does.

most of the good infomation that constitutes proof isn't available to the public. Its in scientific journals and articles that u have to pay for to read. U can get access to these if u r a university student, because the university pays the costs.
[/quote:2cra3e4g]
"You're probably going to respond with something like "INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET IS NOT RIGHT!!!"." I knew someone would say something like this.

Even if I research actual scientific journals/articles before I may a statement on this topic, it's not like scientists know everything about hair loss and I seriously doubt they will confidently write something like "Masturbation, or the process of masturbation does not cause DHT." I also doubt many of the people here have researched actual scientific journals/articles either no matter what their perspective is.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
You're probably going to respond with something like "INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET IS NOT RIGHT!!!"." I knew someone would say something like this.

of course people will say most of the info on the internet isnt right. because thats the truth. Read wat u said again. . .

Well if you do some research on the internet, you will find that masturbation can in fact increase DHT, testosterone, and all other kinds of hormones

and now u say this. . .

Even if I research actual scientific journals/articles before I may a statement on this topic, it's not like scientists know everything about hair loss and I seriously doubt they will confidently write something like "Masturbation, or the process of masturbation does not cause DHT

so are u sayin that because a scientist doesnt say masturbation does not cause DHT, that it automatically means that it does cause DHT?

and if we can't get the info from scientists, then where will find that 'masturbation can in fact increase DHT, testosterone, and all other kinds of hormones', from someone on a forum?, how do they know it increases DHT? Have they tested their DHT levels, masturbated, then tested their DHT levels again?

ur contradicting urself. U should think b4 u write something.

Mjotter

Established Member
Reaction score
anxious1 said:
You're probably going to respond with something like "INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET IS NOT RIGHT!!!"." I knew someone would say something like this.

of course people will say most of the info on the internet isnt right. because thats the truth. Read wat u said again. . .

[quote:pr2pk0qq]Well if you do some research on the internet, you will find that masturbation can in fact increase DHT, testosterone, and all other kinds of hormones

and now u say this. . .

Even if I research actual scientific journals/articles before I may a statement on this topic, it's not like scientists know everything about hair loss and I seriously doubt they will confidently write something like "Masturbation, or the process of masturbation does not cause DHT

so are u sayin that because a scientist doesnt say masturbation does not cause DHT, that it automatically means that it does cause DHT?

and if we can't get the info from scientists, then where will find that 'masturbation can in fact increase DHT, testosterone, and all other kinds of hormones', from someone on a forum?, how do they know it increases DHT? Have they tested their DHT levels, masturbated, then tested their DHT levels again?

ur contradicting urself. U should think b4 u write something.[/quote:pr2pk0qq]
U should carefully read what I write or get a brain b4 u respond. Your logic is pretty...uh...I'm just gonna quote this "so are u sayin that because a scientist doesnt say masturbation does not cause DHT, that it automatically means that it does cause DHT?". I had to read that over about 5 times.

You quoting this statement "You're probably going to respond with something like "INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET IS NOT RIGHT!!!" and then right afterwards trying to make it look like I contradicted myself by giving an example of research I did on the internet doesn't make sense either. Why? Because I wrote that sarcastic statement as a joke AFTER I explained what I looked up on the internet because I knew one of you would say it.

Now onto the last paragraph. I didn't say you COULDN'T get info from scientists which means you took my words out of context. I was trying to say that they won't outright jot down a note saying "masturbation does not cause DHT" unless they knew for sure. I don't even think YOU researched these so called scientific notes from university libraries as you recommended. If you did, then prove me wrong and give me an example of a time where you looked up articles on masturbation and tell me what they wrote.

And FYI, I don't get my information from people on forums. I find information from other websites, some of which are run by professional doctors. That doesn't mean I believe everything I read and that doesn't mean all information on the internet is wrong unless it has been "officially" approved by a scientist.