45 months on the big 3 and counting... (45month pics update)

Da Bears

Reaction score
Re: 32 months on the big 3 and counting... (32month pics update)

Incredible!!! I was a lurker for a long time and have been following your story and it was one of the main reasons I got on the Big 3. I hope to be going down the same righteous path as you. Thanks for all of the updates along the way, I plan on doing the same thing. :woot:

SE-freak

Reaction score

People should stick around. I am glad that my post motivated you.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score

Freak!

Are you keeping my beer cold? :)

Continued success Brother!

SE-freak

Reaction score

hair_tomorrow said:
Freak!

Are you keeping my beer cold? :)

Continued success Brother!

omg! what's up bro? everything ok?! :freaked2:
your beer is cold and waiting!

so good to hear from you... :beer:

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score

> omg! what's up bro? everything ok?!

Yeah Man - life is good (except for the usual BS).

Your hair looks friggin' great!

SE-freak

Reaction score

Just a quick check-in:

Everything looks good on hair front, still on the same regimen.
Hair is considerably longer, it's fun but hard to manage.

Happy hairy new year everybody! :eek:nfire:

kento

Established Member
Reaction score

How do u apply topicals on long hair??

Any tips

SE-freak

Reaction score

It is a bit trickier I guess. I use the extended drop nozzle for minoxidil, not the spray dispenser. I get minoxidil to the skin, spread it with fingertips and thats it. The topical is basically under visible hair.

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score

7 months of SE??

What the hell is SE? :dunno:

SE-freak

Reaction score

Ian Curtis said:
7 months of SE??

What the hell is SE? :dunno:

Tom Hagerty's scalp exercise :) google it!

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

I read his site, but thought it a step to far tbh.

citizen mane

Reaction score

ultimately i dont think you can stay on these chemicals forever....its worth learning for when you decide you wanna get off the chemicals.

Best analogy i would say is its like losing weight....you can do it with the aid of medication...the side effects can be unpleasant but it does work.combine the medication and exercise and its a synergistic effect. eventually you want to wean urself off the drugs where ur doin exercise only...i'm sure se-freak see's it this way too

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

Why do you say you can't do the drugs forever? For health reasons? I don't think i'll do another course of finasteride after I have finished this lot though. Its clearly not working.

citizen mane

Reaction score

answer isnt always in a pill. finasteride alters hormones, minoxidil is an antihypertensive (lowers blood pressure), these kind of side effects can sit uncomfortably with a person as one gets older.

My personal belief is a good diet, exercise, scalp exercise/other form of effective massage (an alternative big 3 you could say) may do wonders...but again that isnt written in stone...its just a personal belief. Some people would say a personal belief without fact is a delusion...whilst pills help...there is only so much they can do unless a person learns to help himself.

This sort of message may not be what a young man in his 20's wants to hear...me promoting an unproven treatment. Ask SE freak for his intuition and even he cant be 100% sure if its the chemicals or the exercise thats achieved results for him...in his case i'm inclined to think its both

kento

Established Member
Reaction score

citizen mane: Big 3 don't do wonders but also your suggestion is far less proven than the big 3. Let's we all hope that HM will be on the market soon, that thing will be the first real weapon for full head of hair specially if you have deep pocket.

SE-freak

Reaction score

citizen mane said:
eventually you want to wean urself off the drugs where ur doin exercise only...i'm sure se-freak see's it this way too
No I don't.

Ask SE freak for his intuition and even he cant be 100% sure if its the chemicals or the exercise thats achieved results for him...in his case i'm inclined to think its both
I am 100% sure chemical treatments brought results. The SE could have played a role, especially regarding scalp skin health but that is just a guess. It is obvious I was a phenomenal responder to minoxidil- I started shedding like crazy during week #2.

On a sidenote, I do not think a good diet and exercise can save one's hair- it can possibly improve shaft quality and reduce inflammation. If we are talking about male pattern baldness that is.

I do not personally link male pattern baldness with being unhealthy. Imho, we consider male pattern baldness a desease driven by our socially constructed aesthetical standards. Do we consider a hairy chest to be a desease? Follicles triggered by hormones change role size and number during a man's life.

Now, would I feel good while losing it? Hell no.

Thanks to all for posting.

citizen mane

Reaction score

that news is slighly depressing..i thought you might have felt the Scalp exercise, general fitness & good nutrition would have helped..but lets be on the positive side...at least chemicals have the potential to work.

I know your hair is quite long now...did the swirls at the crown fill in quite well?..difficult to tell with the ponytail pictures but just wondering about the hair quality there

On a sidenote...ur pics would be one hell of a testimonial to marketers if you were just using one drug...because your using the big 3 its difficult to ascertain wich of the 2 (finasteride or minoxidil has had the greatest effect)

SE-freak

Reaction score

citizen mane said:
that news is slighly depressing..i thought you might have felt the Scalp exercise, general fitness & good nutrition would have helped..but lets be on the positive side...at least chemicals have the potential to work.

I know your hair is quite long now...did the swirls at the crown fill in quite well?..difficult to tell with the ponytail pictures but just wondering about the hair quality there

On a sidenote...ur pics would be one hell of a testimonial to marketers if you were just using one drug...because your using the big 3 its difficult to ascertain wich of the 2 (finasteride or minoxidil has had the greatest effect)

I am glad my pics are of no commercial value then! :mrgreen:

Regarding your question on male pattern baldness hit areas, they have filled in quite well but the hair quality there never got to be top notch. Swirls are complete and restored but the hair shafts there are of thinner diameter than "doner" area hair. Coverage is great so it's more than ok. There are no visible signs of thinning. In fact, you should see the face over the counter when I ask for minoxidil. It's like wtf? One guy even tried to convince me not to start since I do not seem to need it at all. freaky. :hairy:

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score

citizen mane said:

that to me has always been horse sh*t....you can eat mcdonalds 3 times a day and it will not affect yer hair..you can run 20 miles a day..and it will not affect yer hair...all my friends eat like sh*t..fast food at least twice a day and they barely exercise..there not fat or anything,and there hair is perfectly fine..me i eat healthier than the average american,i also excercise 4-5 days a week and have an athletic built....i really dont think any of those has anything to do with hair..scalp exercise probly works for some,but nothing major..se's results are great..im also on the big 3 and ive had to say minoxidil has the greatest effect hands down

N

needlesting

hey SE i really need 5 mins of ur time, i used to think that i know a lot abt hair loss and i have a system and it works only for a little while then i go back to baseline..this is what I do. I buzz my hair to avoid the effects of shedding during the 1st couple of months, I totaly forget aby my hairloss. Then I get another buzzed cut after 3 months and compare pictures day 1 with day 90 with short hair and thank god I do see improvements then I let it grow longer but then I started having problems applying the liquid minoxidil, it gets greasy and messy. Then I stop using liquid minoxidil and rely just on finasteride and nizoral. Then the shedding starts again. Then I get another buzzed cut after a couple of months of shedding. Then I'm back to zero dude. My question is how did u apply minoxidil when it became long..man I wanna try to last more than 6 months, my system works for 6 months only.. I ccan probably keep it short for the rest of my life and keep using liquid minoxidil but where is the point in that..having hair without being able to style it.. I would really appreciate it if u reply man..thanks and good luck