45 months on the big 3 and counting... (45month pics update)

citizen mane

Reaction score
Re: 32 months on the big 3 and counting... (32month pics update)

threats 77.....i know where ur coming from. most of my frends dont give a s*** about diet and exercise and hav great hair. i think in one prone to male pattern baldness improvement in diet and exercise...it may delay male pattern baldness...u wont thin as fastly as u would if you hav s*** health habits....but it does suck.

My analogy is...the harder you work the luckier you get...try the big 3 and the scalp exercise...thats my thinking at this moment in time

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

I think you're delusional, but arn't we all.

SE-freak

Reaction score

needlesting said:
hey SE i really need 5 mins of ur time, i used to think that i know a lot abt hair loss and i have a system and it works only for a little while then i go back to baseline..this is what I do. I buzz my hair to avoid the effects of shedding during the 1st couple of months, I totaly forget aby my hairloss. Then I get another buzzed cut after 3 months and compare pictures day 1 with day 90 with short hair and thank god I do see improvements then I let it grow longer but then I started having problems applying the liquid minoxidil, it gets greasy and messy. Then I stop using liquid minoxidil and rely just on finasteride and nizoral. Then the shedding starts again. Then I get another buzzed cut after a couple of months of shedding. Then I'm back to zero dude. My question is how did u apply minoxidil when it became long..man I wanna try to last more than 6 months, my system works for 6 months only.. I ccan probably keep it short for the rest of my life and keep using liquid minoxidil but where is the point in that..having hair without being able to style it.. I would really appreciate it if u reply man..thanks and good luck

Alloz!

First of all minoxidil is not an on and off thing, it's not styling gel or cologne, it is your treatment. So, it is given that you will stop messing with your treatment if you want it to give fruits.
Now, I do not use the spray nozzle, I use the extended one which basically leaves drops of the topical on the skin. I get the tip to touch my scalp skin under the hair outer surface, so any mess is done below the visible layer of hair. If you spread the topical on your skin carefully with your fingertips, it will not mess up your hair.

In any case, do not spray minoxidil while having longer than buzzed hair, that's the way I find it to be easier at least.

Keep in mind that thinning becomes more evident when hair is longer so the mess you are referring to might be because of lack of hair density-quality. Surely the worst thing you can do is on-offing minoxidil maximizing sheds and losing coverage.

FM1

Reaction score

Hi SE-Freak. Im a new member on this forum and its this thread that inspired me to join. In all sincerity, its restored a lot of hope for me. Having seen your results, Im ready to start your treatment tomorrow. So firstly, thanks heaps for this great thread.

Now Im hoping you could help me out a little more and provide some extra detail on your regiment. I know you outlined it in your first post but Im a noob and Im sure what all that stuff means. Any chance you could list down exactly what products you use, how you use them, what time you use them and how often. I know this is a big ask but you have no idea how much I would appreciate the info. This hairloss thing is really starting affect me in all sorts of ways so I would really love any info you have to help me out.

Thanks in advance.

FM

SE-freak

Reaction score

FM1 said:
Hi SE-Freak. Im a new member on this forum and its this thread that inspired me to join. In all sincerity, its restored a lot of hope for me. Having seen your results, Im ready to start your treatment tomorrow. So firstly, thanks heaps for this great thread.

Now Im hoping you could help me out a little more and provide some extra detail on your regiment. I know you outlined it in your first post but Im a noob and Im sure what all that stuff means. Any chance you could list down exactly what products you use, how you use them, what time you use them and how often. I know this is a big ask but you have no idea how much I would appreciate the info. This hairloss thing is really starting affect me in all sorts of ways so I would really love any info you have to help me out.

Thanks in advance.

FM

FM:

I am really glad that my story motivated you to join the forums and research hairloss. To be frank, I do not think that the time one takes his finasteride pill, or chooses to apply minoxidil will make any difference. What WILL make a difference is not to be scared of sheds, maintain a steady flow of recommended dosages and not get lazy after the stressful period of apparent male pattern baldness (hopefully) ends. So, note that I do not consider the timings, or my personal preferences as the "magic potion" for hair.

I take 1/5 of proscar each day before I sleep. That is a habbit coming from the first days on treatment when having the feeling of doing something for my hairloss helped me to relax and sleep better. I also do 2 applications of 1ml 5% rogaine (usually at 8pm and 12pm). Nowadays sometimes I do only one app daily but that is not the rule, strictly a matter of program or *caugh* my lazyness.

I also use Nizoral (Fungoral 2% here in Greece) 2 or 3 times a week. Any ketoconazole containing shampoo will do. I shampoo with Pregaine Clear Gel (pfizer's rogaine series shampoo) and then shampoo with Nizoral and let it sit for about 7-10minutes as I wash the rest of my gorgeous body. I sometimes also use Neutrogena's T-sal (sal -salicylic acid is one of the ingredients) for the first wash, then Nizoral. Salicylic acid is an exfoliator, enhancing the absorption of any topical agent.

As you might have read, some months before starting medication I did the Scalp Exercise like a freak (hence the name). I still do it, but not as much. It might have played a role preparing my scalp skin for treatment (it got rid of my dandruf at the time or so I think) letting treatments work faster/better? Anyway, the SE is a personal kink and not proven to work against male pattern baldness. Finasteride/minoxidil/ketoconazole (or proscar-propecia/Rogaine-generic minoxidil/Nizoral) are proven to provide results and I am sure I responded exceptionally to minoxidil as my results came rapidly after a huge shed 2 weeks in.

Do not look for gurus or experts, educate yourself on available treatments and choose the way you find more logical.

Welcome to the forums.

FM1

Reaction score

SE-freak said:
FM:

I am really glad that my story motivated you to join the forums and research hairloss. To be frank, I do not think that the time one takes his finasteride pill, or chooses to apply minoxidil will make any difference. What WILL make a difference is not to be scared of sheds, maintain a steady flow of recommended dosages and not get lazy after the stressful period of apparent male pattern baldness (hopefully) ends. So, note that I do not consider the timings, or my personal preferences as the "magic potion" for hair.

I take 1/5 of proscar each day before I sleep. That is a habbit coming from the first days on treatment when having the feeling of doing something for my hairloss helped me to relax and sleep better. I also do 2 applications of 1ml 5% rogaine (usually at 8pm and 12pm). Nowadays sometimes I do only one app daily but that is not the rule, strictly a matter of program or *caugh* my lazyness.

I also use Nizoral (Fungoral 2% here in Greece) 2 or 3 times a week. Any ketoconazole containing shampoo will do. I shampoo with Pregaine Clear Gel (pfizer's rogaine series shampoo) and then shampoo with Nizoral and let it sit for about 7-10minutes as I wash the rest of my gorgeous body. I sometimes also use Neutrogena's T-sal (sal -salicylic acid is one of the ingredients) for the first wash, then Nizoral. Salicylic acid is an exfoliator, enhancing the absorption of any topical agent.

As you might have read, some months before starting medication I did the Scalp Exercise like a freak (hence the name). I still do it, but not as much. It might have played a role preparing my scalp skin for treatment (it got rid of my dandruf at the time or so I think) letting treatments work faster/better? Anyway, the SE is a personal kink and not proven to work against male pattern baldness. Finasteride/minoxidil/ketoconazole (or proscar-propecia/Rogaine-generic minoxidil/Nizoral) are proven to provide results and I am sure I responded exceptionally to minoxidil as my results came rapidly after a huge shed 2 weeks in.

Do not look for gurus or experts, educate yourself on available treatments and choose the way you find more logical.

Welcome to the forums.

Thanks very much for such a detailed post SE. Very much appreciated. I just have a few more questions regarding this paragraph:

Just to clarify, are all the products (Nizoral, Pregaine Clear Gel and T-sal) shampoos? If so, do you use them on the same day in the same shower? From the way I read that paragraph you apply Nizoral first and once you have washed that away you apply Pregaine? Is that correct?

Sorry for the all the noob questions but before I visited this website I had no idea about any of these products and thanks again for helping me out. You are a legend.

SE-freak

Reaction score

LOL, I am just an undercover baldy.

anyway, yes these are shampoos. Neutrogena T-Sal I use now and then, my routine is basically Pregaine Clear Gel and Nizoral. When I am on my Nizoral day, I will shampoo with Pregaine or T-Sal first and then repeat with Nizoral which I let sit for about 7-10 minutes.

FM1

Reaction score

SE-freak said:

anyway, yes these are shampoos. Neutrogena T-Sal I use now and then, my routine is basically Pregaine Clear Gel and Nizoral. When I am on my Nizoral day, I will shampoo with Pregaine or T-Sal first and then repeat with Nizoral which I let sit for about 7-10 minutes.

Ahhh ok. So Im assuming that washing with Pregaine helps prep for the wash with Nizoral.

Now I just have one more question and then I will stop annoying you. :p I know you said you use Nizoral only a couple of times a week, so how often do you use Pregaine? Do you only use it when you use Nizoral or do you use it more often?

SE-freak

Reaction score

FM1 said:
SE-freak said:

Ahhh ok. So Im assuming that washing with Pregaine helps prep for the wash with Nizoral.

Now I just have one more question and then I will stop annoying you. :p I know you said you use Nizoral only a couple of times a week, so how often do you use Pregaine? Do you only use it when you use Nizoral or do you use it more often?

I use it whenever I feel like washing my mane. Pregaine is a decent shampoo with good detergent agents and no idiotic additives, herbal mambo-jambo "follicle food" irritants and all this crap the cosmetic industry wants to feed our hair through our skin. And yes the logic is that I prepare my skin so as to achieve better ketoconazole absorption. When I started treatment I used to wash my hair everyday. Now I am a hippie, I might go over 2 days without washing it. gross!

FM1

Reaction score

SE-freak said:
I use it whenever I feel like washing my mane. Pregaine is a decent shampoo with good detergent agents and no idiotic additives, herbal mambo-jambo "follicle food" irritants and all this crap the cosmetic industry wants to feed our hair through our skin. And yes the logic is that I prepare my skin so as to achieve better ketoconazole absorption. When I started treatment I used to wash my hair everyday. Now I am a hippie, I might go over 2 days without washing it. gross!

Sweet! Thanks again man. You have been extremely helpful.

I will start my treatment tomorrow provided I can get everything. I just hope I can get great results like you.

neis

Established Member
Reaction score

SE Freak I wanted your opinion on this,

I using propecia for 11 months now and xandrox for 4,5 weeks now. I am thinking to add the dermaroller to my regimen this week to increase the absorption and penetration of minoxidil(xandrox). Because I am already doing Scalp exercises, using dermaroller after doing scalp exercises and before applying minoxidil, will this combination harm my hair follicles ?

SE-freak

Reaction score

Omg these dudes at dermaroller site used a giff Tynan/Radio made for one of our forum members! shame on them!

Anyway after a quick read of the logic behind dr, I doubt that it would reach a depth necessary to damage the follicles. You have to keep in mind that any wound would of course increase absorption but it would also increase the chance of side effects. Watch out for heart pulpitations or water retention. I would also say "watch out for increased hairgrowth" but that is a side we want. :mrgreen:

neis

Established Member
Reaction score

Thanks dude,

Se Freak I made a search on this forum and I found that dermaroller increases the absortion, but the results that lots of guys achieved after they used it in combination with rogaine weren't so promising or they were decent so after lots of replies they stopped talking about it. The companies that are selling it, are advising you to use it in combination with minoxidil so the results that you achieve are minoxidil's results. Yesterday I was sure that this week I was going to buy it but after the search and study I made on it, I decided that I may not make the move to it.....

SE-freak

Reaction score

neis said:
Thanks dude,

Se Freak I made a search on this forum and I found that dermaroller increases the absortion, but the results that lots of guys achieved after they used it in combination with rogaine weren't so promising or they were decent so after lots of replies they stopped talking about it. The companies that are selling it, are advising you to use it in combination with minoxidil so the results that you achieve are minoxidil's results. Yesterday I was sure that this week I was going to buy it but after the search and study I made on it, I decided that I may not make the move to it.....

Minoxidil's very real results are the reason why several sellers mix it in their concotions. Now their product brings results too :p

neis

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah,
That's what they really do...... :agree: Real scams....
Anyway, Thanks man for your time spending to help me:)

citizen mane

Reaction score

SE freak...hi again. Did you notice dark circles under your eyes after using minoxidil....i have began to notice them for the first time and it has got me really paranoid....although i am 30...just wanted your feedback

SE-freak

Reaction score

citizen mane said:
SE freak...hi again. Did you notice dark circles under your eyes after using minoxidil....i have began to notice them for the first time and it has got me really paranoid....although i am 30...just wanted your feedback

I am 30 too... Actually no, I have not experienced dark circles. I had 2 small areas that get dry on my cheeks under the eyes. I have recently realized it is probably seb.dermatitis and took care of it, but that has been happening long before starting minoxidil so I do not think it has anything to do with it.

Do you sleep well?

30 is a good time to start noticing changes, we are turning into grannies! :D something to cheer us both up.

SE-freak

Reaction score

birk said:
Amazing man. How do you scalp exercise? Do you use your fingers or? Is there a guide on this forum maybe?

cheers

I do Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercise. You can read more about it @ his page: http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/

No fingers used unless I need extra tension and burn.

citizen mane

Reaction score

SE freak, i notice in one of your pictures you used to have blonde hair. Was it ever dark before you tried to reverse your hairloss or is this something you've only noticed when you started using chemicals?

Its strange because no one else has reported their hair going dark with thee big 3

SE-freak

Reaction score

citizen mane said:
SE freak, i notice in one of your pictures you used to have blonde hair. Was it ever dark before you tried to reverse your hairloss or is this something you've only noticed when you started using chemicals?

Its strange because no one else has reported their hair going dark with thee big 3

Yes, my hair has become considerably darker. Might be the length/hours in the sun or lack thereof but my gut tells me it has to do with follicle size/health and it's correlation with pigmentation.