45 months on the big 3 and counting... (45month pics update)

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 32 months on the big 3 and counting... (32month pics update)

SE-freak as I see you use 1,25mg proscar every day,
Do you think that 1,25 mg proscar is superior and more powerful than 1mg propecia every day? because it contains 0,25 mg more finasteride than propecia.
I am asking because I thinking to switch to proscar 1,25 mg

amsch

Reaction score

neis said:
SE-freak as I see you use 1,25mg proscar every day,
Do you think that 1,25 mg proscar is superior and more powerful than 1mg propecia every day? because it contains 0,25 mg more finasteride than propecia.
I am asking because I thinking to switch to proscar 1,25 mg

lol don't worry too much about that. 5mg = 2,5mg = 1,25mg = 1mg. He takes 1,25 mg because he quarters 5mg proscar.

neis

Established Member
Reaction score

yeah,
but 1,25mg or 5mg proscar isn't superior to 1mg propecia?
If they had the same effectivness(1mg propecia=1,25 or 5mg proscar) I don't think that propecia would be more expensive than proscar

amsch

Reaction score

neis said:
yeah,
but 1,25mg or 5mg proscar isn't superior to 1mg propecia?
If they had the same effectivness(1mg propecia=1,25 or 5mg proscar) I don't think that propecia would be more expensive than proscar
Fist%20of%20Money.gif

neis

Established Member
Reaction score

do you mean that they made propecia for profit?
when you can achieve the same results with proscar

amsch

Reaction score

neis said:
do you mean that they made propecia for profit?
when you can achieve the same results with proscar
Yes :hump:

SE-freak

Reaction score

LOL

I never said I take 1.25mg of finasteride, I actually cut 1 proscar pill in fifths. 1mg of finasteride daily - Same thing as propecia, only at a fraction of it's cost.

CoolMinox

Reaction score

Hi SE-freak,
First of all you are amazinggg ( you gave me a lot of hope )

i've been in BIG3 since 1 years + 6 month without nizoral , ( it's worked very well until now) , :( :( :( infortunately i don't know what's going on now, shedding start 3 week ago, and im loosing a lot of what i won, is it normal after 1.5 years, may be my body is being accustomated to minoxidil and fina :sobbing:
i will buy nizoral again, and wait, i hope it will stop soon

SE-freak

Reaction score

CoolMinox said:
Hi SE-freak,
First of all you are amazinggg ( you gave me a lot of hope )

i've been in BIG3 since 1 years + 6 month without nizoral , ( it's worked very well until now) , :( :( :( infortunately i don't know what's going on now, shedding start 3 week ago, and im loosing a lot of what i won, is it normal after 1.5 years, may be my body is being accustomated to minoxidil and fina :sobbing:
i will buy nizoral again, and wait, i hope it will stop soon

Coolminox:

Nizoral could play a key role in your regimen, holding off inflammation and being a mild topical antiandrogen. Get on it again.

It could also be a major shed, sheds happen along the way, and if you responded well initially I doubt it will wear off that quickly. It is probably synchronization or you being careless with your regimen. :)

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score

se freak i got a question for ya

where do you get your proscar? i am on propecia and have been on it for 3 years with great response, but am pretty tired of going to the derm to get a prescription. in 07 i did order proscar from united pharmacy and was cuttin it in quarters, but for some reason after a month of using it i went through a shed that scared the crap out of me and got me back on propecia.

any help would be nice ~

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score

ps1freak, I'm like you. I've only been on Propecia for three months and I'm already tired of paying for it. I want to switch to Proscar but am afraid it will be like starting over. However, I think before you decide its a bust, I think you should try getting a prescription from the derm/doctor for Proscar. Tell him/her you want a more affordable prescription and would be willing to go through dividing the pill into 1/5s or 1/4s. Let me know how it goes, as I will probably end up doing the same thing.

sidekick96

Reaction score

i used propecia for a couple of years then at the end of last year i switched to fincar, i was a little afraid to lose my progress ( which was really no progress at all, just maintaining what i had) so i decided to switch over to perscribed Proscar. I saw no difference, im saving money compared to propecia and i dont have to worry whether or not its fake.

SE-freak

Reaction score

Hey guys,

Proscar is basically the same substance as propecia only in x5 quantity. Or that is what it should be. I have heard several cases of people doubting the authenticity of meds bought through online sources, I think that in many cases they perceive their next shed as indication that the pills are not legit.

I buy my proscar from the local drugstore. (I live in Greece though.)

Using proscar imo is the most ethical thing to do, since overpriced re-packaged products are an insult. You see, the balding man is a more profit-promising target than a man with enlarged prostate.

In any case, go for a proscar prescription, any derm knowing basics will surely prescribe one.

okman

Reaction score

that is a pretty awesome success story. congrats.

anyone know if proscar (5mg) is available to buy w/ prescription in the USA or is it only propecia around here?

boy_1989_

Reaction score

Can I ask at which point of the day you are taking Propecia?
And are you taking it on an empty stomach?

SE-freak

Reaction score

boy_1989_ said:
Can I ask at which point of the day you are taking Propecia?
And are you taking it on an empty stomach?

I usually take it before going to bed. Sometimes on an empty stomach, sometimes not.

boy_1989_

Reaction score

But what about frisay/saturday nights, when you sometimes go out?

Do you think it matters at which point of the day you are taking the pill?

:)

SE-freak

Reaction score

boy_1989_ said:
But what about frisay/saturday nights, when you sometimes go out?

Do you think it matters at which point of the day you are taking the pill?

:)

I don't think it matters at all.

jr27

Reaction score

How are the side effects treating you? Any gyno or penis problems? Im considering hoping of propecia im just very skeptical on some of the stories. i've heard.

SE-freak

Reaction score

jr27 said:
How are the side effects treating you? Any gyno or penis problems? Im considering hoping of propecia im just very skeptical on some of the stories. i've heard.

no sides for me. Libido... well I am 30 and I am horny all the time! :D