A&G Hair Complex-Growth factors/proteins etc(stem cell tech)

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob, do you have any concerns over the fact nobody knows which growth factors are in this serum? and some can cause cancer?

Jacob

Reaction score
It's more like..I just wish I knew so we could research them :punk:

Not worried on the cancer part. The ones that have been thrown about that supposedly cause cancer..if you read it- they're saying if you already have it it can speed it up etc.

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow....Can't believe all the negativity and criticism of A & G when no one knows for sure or not. I say if you want to try it, do it, but don't constantly call scam when no one knows for sure yet. I think they seem legit and I ordered the hair complex on the 20th so I will let you guys know how it goes. I probably won't take pictures because I don't have time to jack with it and I don't really care about proving anything to anyone. All I care about is if I thicken my hair up or not and I could care less if anyone else cares.

On a side note, after the good reviews for the skin active serum I purchased it as I have a few spots on my face/cheeks that dry easily and are slightly damages by the sun and after 5 days the results are awesome. My face has never looked so healthy and young and the dryness and age really diminshed A LOT already. I am really impressed which makes me think that these guys are the real deal and that the hair complex might work. I will report back about my run with the hair complex in a few weeks. :punk:

Petchsky

Reaction score
Excellent, so we have a few people testing it, just have to wait it out now!

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
To those of you who purchased the hair complex, please do those of us who can't gamble with $200 a favor and post regular pictures of yourselves. Please remember to be consistant with angle, lighting, condition of your hair (wet, dry, styled, etc.) so results (or lack of) are apparent.

However unclear their website has been, I think everyone hopes that it works like they say it does.

Thanks!

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
I will definitely let you guys know how it goes. I don't know if I will get pictures in or not as my camera took a sh*t and I don't really care about proving anything to anyone, but I can guarantee I will give you an honest review of what happened.

On another side note, I have been on minoxidil for sometime now and still plan on applying minoxidil on off days. I think it is too risky to go the 2-3 weeks without applying minoxidil due to the fact that if the hair complex does not work, I could risk a shed of my minoxidil grown hairs also which could be a double whammy. Do you guys think applying minoxidil on the off days will damper any results I could get from the hair complex?

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
That depends on how the minoxidil has affected you. If it's your 6th year with minoxidil and you haven't grown any more hair with it, then a sudden burst of growth can only be explained by the A&G product. If you're only 4 months into your minoxidil treatment and you get a burst of growth, then the results are a little suspect. A better study would be someone using only A&G hair stuff, but please show your results anyway, since I'm sure there's a lot of guys in your position who won't stop their current treatments for the very same reason you are (myself included).

I don't really care about proving anything to anyone

That's the second time you've said that. If you don't care, don't bother posting your experience with us.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'd definitely carry on using it.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Lucy, did the skin serum go on greasy or does it go on clean. What specifically did you notice different that it did for your skin. I would like to diminish the forehead wrinkles somewhat. I have been using Dr Proctor's skin serum for a week but nothing drastic yet. I am wondering if the A G serum would be better. My skin is somewhat oily but I would love to diminish those lines some.

Homer123

Reaction score
News from Dr. AQ:

Greetings everyone..
let me go straight to the questions:

Our first shipment will be leaving tomorrow, you ask why? 75-80% of the orders were from Europe and Asia. Because of the number of shipments heading overseas, customs requirement halted our shipments. Another issue was packaging, we found some defected boxes (few) and we had to inspect all of them and confirm that they meet A&G standards ( A&G quality control is very tough). This is standard for us, just to make sure everything reach our customers at optimum condition. We are sorry for the delay but we are shipping them express to make up for the timing.
Confirmation emails are sent by Paypal, if you did not receive any confirmation from Paypal, please contact us. We DO NOT send emails or tracking numbers, we figured its better to spend the money on fast shipping than giving out confirmations.

Ok to celebrate Jacob's victory, here is my gift to all of you :

Thymosin Beta 4 Induces Hair Growth via Stem Cell Migration and Differentiation
DEBORAH PHILP a , SHARLEEN ST-SURIN a , HEE-JAE CHA a , HYE-SUNG MOON a , HYNDA K. KLEINMAN a , AND MICHAEL ELKIN a
a Cell Biology Section, NIDCR, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Address for correspondence: Hynda K. Kleinman, Ph.D., Cell Biology Section, NIH, NIDCR, Building 30, Room 433, 30 Convent Dr. MSC 4370, Bethesda, MD 20892. Voice: 301-496-4069; fax: 301-402-0897.
hkleinman@dir.nidcr.nih.gov
Copyright 2007 New York Academy of Sciences
KEYWORDS
cell migration • hair follicle growth • angiogenesis • wound healing • stem cells • cell survival • inflammation • gene expression • laminin-5 • proteases • zyxin • endothelial cells • thymosin beta 4 • keratinocytes • MMPs • TIMPs
ABSTRACT
Abstract : Thymosin beta 4 is a small 43-amino-acid molecule that has multiple biological activities, including promotion of cell migration angiogenesis, cell survival, protease production, and wound healing. We have found that thymosin beta 4 promotes hair growth in various rat and mice models including a transgenic thymosin beta 4 overexpressing mouse. We have also determined the mechanism by which thymosin beta 4 acts to promote hair growth by examining its effects on follicle stem cell growth, migration, differentiation, and protease production.

(From the hair loss fight forums)

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
Homer123 said:
Thymosin Beta 4 Induces Hair Growth via Stem Cell Migration and Differentiation
DEBORAH PHILP a , SHARLEEN ST-SURIN a , HEE-JAE CHA a , HYE-SUNG MOON a , HYNDA K. KLEINMAN a , AND MICHAEL ELKIN a
a Cell Biology Section, NIDCR, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Address for correspondence: Hynda K. Kleinman, Ph.D., Cell Biology Section, NIH, NIDCR, Building 30, Room 433, 30 Convent Dr. MSC 4370, Bethesda, MD 20892. Voice: 301-496-4069; fax: 301-402-0897.
hkleinman@dir.nidcr.nih.gov
Copyright 2007 New York Academy of Sciences
KEYWORDS
cell migration • hair follicle growth • angiogenesis • wound healing • stem cells • cell survival • inflammation • gene expression • laminin-5 • proteases • zyxin • endothelial cells • thymosin beta 4 • keratinocytes • MMPs • TIMPs
ABSTRACT
Abstract : Thymosin beta 4 is a small 43-amino-acid molecule that has multiple biological activities, including promotion of cell migration angiogenesis, cell survival, protease production, and wound healing. We have found that thymosin beta 4 promotes hair growth in various rat and mice models including a transgenic thymosin beta 4 overexpressing mouse. We have also determined the mechanism by which thymosin beta 4 acts to promote hair growth by examining its effects on follicle stem cell growth, migration, differentiation, and protease production.

(From the hair loss fight forums)

They said the product has been in development for years, so if he's indicating that Thomosin Beta 4 is a factor used for growth in the serum.. it would seem it proved to grow hair in humans. This could be a very interesting product to watch out for, we'll see how things shape up over the next few weeks.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure A&G is a scam. I've read reviews of their skin care products, and they were doing the same thing they did with the Hair Complex... they created accounts on dermatology sites and pimped their own product. Watch this board for the flood of brand new posters talking about how great this stuff is. My guess is its bottled water.

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
I'm pretty sure A&G is a scam. I've read reviews of their skin care products, and they were doing the same thing they did with the Hair Complex... they created accounts on dermatology sites and pimped their own product. Watch this board for the flood of brand new posters talking about how great this stuff is. My guess is its bottled water.

Bro, just give it a rest already and wait for the feedback.

The Dr.A's recent post has got me little concerned however. Not sure why he quoted that information.......

ComeOnPropy

Established Member
Reaction score
Explain why it has received positive reviews from peers and fellow scientists then, just because you dont like the looks of it doesnt automatically make it a scam. Clearly there facial product works thats why its so widely used and has a brand recognition.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
ClayShaw, its always possible its a "scam" but for the inventor to come on a forum and openly give his phone number and basically answering mostly all the questions is more likely not to be a scam. If you still read posts about Proctor, old and new, they say his products are a scam as well. Yet, I know first hand Dr Proctor is not a scam artist and his products do work. Give this other doctor the benefit of the doubt.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys... Honestly.
I am as hopeful as everyone else that it will be something that needs to be used once a year and makes a big difference... obviously that would be great.

Its just the way its being marketed that concerns me. The fake posters makes me a little nervous, and the fact that they did the same thing with their skin products doesn't help.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
ClayShaw, you may be right about the fact that it needs to be used more than once per year. But most importantly if it just thickens up the hair and you have to do it a few times per year, I still think its worth it. I am just going for improvement in thickness so my results should be more realistic than someone who wants a very thin area to reverse. I think I have more of a chance to respond since he indicates his product is effective in reversing thinning hair due to aging. He never indicates its for male pattern baldness balding so it might not be as helpful for the younger guys with advance male pattern baldness. I will certainly keep everyone posted on how my hair improves but I do not think I would be a good "poster" boy for the product since I only have minor loss of density. Only time will tell. In 3 to 6 months we will know whether we have a "winner" on our hands or we just got "zonked". I think those that cannot afford to lose 200 bucks should NOT buy it at this time. Let me be the sucker for now. :innocent:

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. AQ response as to why he posted that study:

"That was a joke to tease Jacob. I always like to end with a positive note. My apology ! I guess my mom is wrong, I am not funny or people here are not cool .
I truly think this is not the right platform to discuss papers. I some time chair a journal club for graduate student at the university and I am always amazed on how people perceive data. Remember 3 posts ago I mentioned that good data hardly finds its way to publications, I am a true believer of that (to an extent), on the other hand, the TB4 paper did open a door into stem cells and hair growth."

Jacob, can you confirm this as a joke in your direction? Or is he trying to cover his tracks?

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
Over at the other forum, it (the "joke") was clearly taken in stride and quickly forgotten about.

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
So I emailed A&G (FYI, they respond back very quickly, within a few hours), as their site lacks a good Q&A section for the Hair Complex. I asked if there were any side effects and if its a one time treatment, or something to use on yearly basis. Here was the reply:

"Thank you for showing interest in our products. There is NO side effects reported when using A&G Hair Complex. The A&G hair Complex is designed for a one treatment, however, if you choose to use it every year to improve the hair and scalp condition that is fine too. At this stage we encourage people to try it and make the judgement themselves to weather or not they need a second treatment."

Thank you,

Customer Care
A&G Skin Solutions Inc.
www.agskinsolutions.com