A&G Hair Complex-Growth factors/proteins etc(stem cell tech)

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
I just got mine today as well, and I decided to follow the directions for the first application and applied a full vial... Now, my hair is buzzed down to a #1, WAYYYYYY TO MUCH LIQUID. lol, i'm definently going to stretch it out when I start the next vial 2 days from now.

Isnt greasy, like the others said, and it is a huge pain to rub it in for that long.

G

Can anyone explain to me simply how this stuff works (if it does work at all).

Does it revert your scalp skin to a very early stage (like when you were a baby), causing the hair to become less DHT sensitive, therefore giving you a good 15-20 years of baldness free? Is this how it works?

In the trial pictures, the man had a good amount of regrowth at 15 weeks, but does 5 vials last 15 weeks? If it is to be used every other day, how long would it last?

It really sounds too good to be true, I am preparing myself for a HUGE dissapointment, but I really hope this works.

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
The directions on the box say apply a full vial every other day until gone. There are 5 vials, so the product SHOULD only last 10 days. That is what was used in the trial, and those photos are a result of using it like that.

However, the Doctor said that it was perfectly fine to stretch it out as long as you covered the intended areas.

G

ryand2 said:
The directions on the box say apply a full vial every other day until gone. There are 5 vials, so the product SHOULD only last 10 days. That is what was used in the trial, and those photos are a result of using it like that.

However, the Doctor said that it was perfectly fine to stretch it out as long as you covered the intended areas.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. If this stuff does work and I order some in several months time, I think I will stretch the stuff out to last 20 or 30 days. I figure a smaller but more frequent applicance is better than several larger ones.

There was very little difference between week 15 and the previous photo and I would like to see the results after week 15 as the guy seems to be stuck on the 15th week forever.

G

A question,

Are there products out now that use stemcell research that takes skin or other areas of the body, and revert it back to it's original state or at an earlier time? If so, can I have names?

Does the A&G skin product do this? If so, does it really revert skin such as on the face to an early state to remove wrinkles and lines?

This tech just sounds too advanced for 2009

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I recieved mine over the weekend and did my first application on Monday and I am really looking forward to see how this pans out. I spoke with Dr. A on the phone a few times and seem really encouraged and he said it will work a lot better on someone like me with minimal diffuse loss and minimal recession(NW2). I did not take pictures but will let you guys know overall how my progress is going. It was kinda cool that I was getting a warm tingling sensation on areas I applied the complex. It really felt like something was going on up there. Dr. A. told me that I could start to see results in as little as 2 weeks with great results in 8-12 weeks. Lets hope this sh*t works. :punk:

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
I know Avery but I'm not going to because I don't really feel like messing with it and most guys would not be able to tell I have hairloss in pics as its minimal with diffuse loss so it would be hard to show a difference even with good results. If it thickens up my density I will let you guys know and give an honest report.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I knew eventually someone would ask Dr Rassman about the AG hair complex and of course he was not impressed. He feels it sounds like another "snake oil". That does not surprise me since he only believes in Propecia and hair transplants.

Nighthair

Established Member
Reaction score
some guy said:
Dr. Rassman what is your personal opinion on the product on this website.

Also, I am 24 years old, just got 500 grafts to fix receding on my sides and thinking about starting minoxidil to maybe thicken the rest of my hair? If I start with generic minoxidil and then switch to rogaine foam or vice versa does that have any negative effect? Also, does the drug work on the newly transplanted hair? I know these hairs are permanent, but is it at all possible to thicken that area up? Or is it as if that area is still bald and has little to no effect on a transplanted area. Thanks so much.

Dr. Rassman said:
I looked at the A & G Hair Complex product’s website and I am not impressed at all. For starters, there are photography problems (it appears to be one patient, small photos, and no information about what other treatments were being used at the time). Plus, there is no science here to support their claims based on the ingredients they list. I wonder if the FDA was aware of the claims made, would this product still be on the market? From what little information is available, it seems that this is a once a year treatment for $200 (or is it a once a lifetime treatment?). They include a bar graph that is apparently from a study — but who conducted the study, where was it published, and how long was the study? It reeks of snake oil, and as a skeptic, you can assume where I’d file this product under.

Switching minoxidil from generic to foam or vice versa will not hurt you. Minoxidil does not work on transplanted hair at any point in time. If you had a good hair transplant with enough grafts to make a difference and used a respectable doctor, then you should get value from it to make a difference.

I completely agree with Dr. Rassman.

G

Some people dismiss it the product like Dr. Rassman, some believe in it and some are not completely sure.

However you feel about this, lets wait and see before we judge ok? We have people here and in other forums testing this now, so be patience.

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
This just speaks only of Dr. Rassman sh*t, first he said that Dutasterida not cause shedding, after talking it causes shedding :whistle:

The guy must be paid for only prescribe Finasteride as a treatment, because he only speaks it

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea I think Dr. Rassman is rather quick to judge. Plus the information on the site is going to be much different then other treatments available as A&G Hair Complex is considered a cosmetic and is not at all a prescription drug, and there are different guidelines for each in how the information is to be presented. That being said, I do agree that the A&G website does lack alot of information, perhaps they don't want to give away what could be a multi-million dollar secret, so they are being vague as to not be copied. But at the same time, they aren't using any intense marketing ploys like that of Revivogen, in which that site is all about selling you the product.. its basically an infomercial online. A&G however is not really promoting whatsoever, rather leaving the product to speak for itself. This to me seems like it wouldn't be a snake oil. And even if it was, it doesn't make any sense for them to say that it will only take 8 - 12 weeks before you notice results. So if its a scam, this company will go under fast! In addition, they wouldn't sell it as a one time treatment if it were a scam, rather it would be something with continued use that you need to keep applying in order to maintain and regrow. A&G supposed "scam" wouldn't really make them much money, so it seems pretty unlikely. Finally, these doctors already have built a reputation for having skin serums that many are raving about.. why they would risk that reputation to make little money makes absolutely no sense to me.

Whether this product will actually work or not, I have no idea. Was merely playing devils advocate. I guess only time will tell.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
I knew eventually someone would ask Dr Rassman about the AG hair complex and of course he was not impressed. He feels it sounds like another "snake oil". That does not surprise me since he only believes in Propecia and hair transplants.

I think he's probably right about A&G, but he's such a propecia pusher its ridiculous. I was reading a blog post the other day where he's telling a 17 year old to get on propecia. Come on. You really think its a good idea to mess with hormones at that age? I bet his kickback from Merck is pretty large.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dpdr said:
This just speaks only of Dr. Rassman sh*t, first he said that Dutasterida not cause shedding, after talking it causes shedding :whistle:

The guy must be paid for only prescribe Finasteride as a treatment, because he only speaks it

So at least one other person agrees with me....

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Even though I used it only 3 applications, I have to say my hair does cosmetically look healthier and thicker. So even if it does not regrow anything it was not a total loss. I guess I will just consider as a overpriced hair conditioner. If I do grow some new hair, then it will be a huge bonus. Rassman is always going to be skeptical about anyone's product sold online. I don't blame him. I wouldn't believe something worked either unless I experienced it first hand. I still don't really think Propecia has done anything for me but Rassman swears by it. Minoxidil on the other hand could be doing something for me because my hair improved when I went back on it. Nobody will know how something works until they try it themselves.

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
DoctorHouse said:

I think he's probably right about A&G, but he's such a propecia pusher its ridiculous. I was reading a blog post the other day where he's telling a 17 year old to get on propecia. Come on. You really think its a good idea to mess with hormones at that age? I bet his kickback from Merck is pretty large.

Are you sure? He probably told the kid to get a miniaturization test first.

I think he's only a finasteride pusher because it is only one of the two drugs PROVEN to work for hair loss. Although doctors have been known to get freebies (ie. paid vacations) from big pharmaceuticals for just prescribing stuff, let alone give personal endorsements.
I appreciate his site because he actually takes time to answer emails (He answered my retarded questions) and he's very objective. I'd say that of all the doctors, he's one of the few with integrity and not out there to push hair transplants.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bababooey said:
ClayShaw said:
DoctorHouse said:

Are you sure? He probably told the kid to get a miniaturization test first.

I think he's only a finasteride pusher because it is only one of the two drugs PROVEN to work for hair loss. Although doctors have been known to get freebies (ie. paid vacations) from big pharmaceuticals for just prescribing stuff, let alone give personal endorsements.
I appreciate his site because he actually takes time to answer emails (He answered my retarded questions) and he's very objective. I'd say that of all the doctors, he's one of the few with integrity and not out there to push hair transplants.

"You are your brother’s brother, not his doctor, so you can not be objective about the process of hair loss and its diagnosis and treatment. Assuming that he meets with a good doctor, gets examined for miniaturization, and gets a diagnosis of male pattern baldness (male pattern baldness), taking Propecia at 17.5 years old should not be a problem. The clinical trials and data are from men as young as 18 years old, and as you stated he’s nearly 18, he should be done growing anyway.

Maybe there is something else wrong? Perhaps he is not genetically balding, but just developing a mature hairline In any case, do what is right and in his best interests. Seeing a doctor should be step 1, as the medication is by doctor’s prescription."

Yes, he recommends a miniaturization study. But he still says there's no problem for a 17 year old on propecia. My general feeling is that the connections between doctors and pharmaceutical companies are murky at best, and he seems very into propecia, whereas other doctors are hesitant to prescribe it.

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
1 = The product (A & G) or 1 months is not that the market and already has people talking badly of him, it would be better to wait 6 or 10 months to see results? because nobody has a good result the day for night

2 = I sent an e-mail Dr. Rassman pro talking about it just talk about Propecia and today he did not return, you that? for him it seems that there is only Propecia in the world, or he should be well paid for not advertising it

3 = 17 years and I already use Propecia is a 4 months and enable many side, I will stop using it because it does not have MBP but use it for prevention, because now I see he recommends using Propecia already at this age, he will know what he doing? when I started to use as I already knew I was getting into and knew of the dangers that it could cause in my age