Confidence...

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
satch5150 said:
I know you denied it I did also but maybe you should try religion. I was thinking that religion is stupid but my friend brought me back into it and now even if I have some problems with it too I clearly see that was the best thing which has happened to me. I met great people, I feel useful (I play guitar at church), all those little things which happened in my life just opened my eyes. I got opportunites to play on a big stage and big events (sth I always dreamt about). That's only the human "profit" logic, but I know also that there is Higher Power. I am a catholic but I don't deny that God is everywhere and despite the different religions his presence can be felt there too.

Philip

hehe, nice to see some religious guys here. I'm also a catholic, but not that deeply religious....but I'm trying... :)

Anyway I agree with almost everything that you wrote.
Thing is that all of us in todays society are forced through some models,idols, fashion, life style and media...to always be competitive...which is practicly impossible. I mean today we all should look like Brad Pitt, have a exciting jobs and make a millions....now that's virtual life. We are loosing every contact with realty...so when life strikes with real problems, we cannot deal with them....
Why? Because we were boosting our ego, how much we are greater then everybody else....and when you loose everything in which you put so much time...we get depressed and then life has no meaning...

Yeah its hard for us..men...but you should see how much harder is for women...They are competitive to each other. I have female cousin for which every of mine friend said that is looking hot...and she thinks because of some small wound on hers left hand(burned skin when she was 3 years old)....that she looks ugly....
But when you look at her....you just cannot notice that....

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
instead of religion, u could get a lobotomy.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't believe in religion at all. I think it's beyond stupid that people follow all those "rules" when they have no real proof of any of that stuff.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I almost forgot to thank you for getting my thread locked....LOL!

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
I don't believe in religion at all. I think it's beyond stupid that people follow all those "rules" when they have no real proof of any of that stuff.

Want it or not you must obey some kind of rules. There is no absolute freedom.
The point of faith is not to prove the existence of God, otherwise it wouldn't be faith.
Also it doesn't have to do anything with how stupid or intelligent some one is....since man just cannot explain himself, life and the meaning...we are just limited....someone more, someone less.
But that limitation alone does not justify the existence of faith. It's a looong and unnecessary subject for this forum....

The point of my posts are that you should escape from you shell of ego and realize that world doesn't turn only for you and because of you. There are 7 more billion of us and no one is immune to everyday problems.
So none of them really cares how you look....
Years will pass by....and if you dont grow to deal with the problems....you're finished. No matter how you look and how much money you got. It has happened to the most richest and the most good looking plp....it's been happening in the entire history of mankind.
You just have to grow to more mature man....life just request that from you.
As a young child you had different priorities, goals...as a teenager different, as an adult also different...as an older man you should already have that much experience and wisdom to deal with problems which are unbearable for some teenager. Other plp expect that form you....women also expect that from you....of course, mature women.
And if you cannot show that to others, through your attitude and plp see only your depression....who will ever want to deal with you? No one needs that man!
And of course that everything is falling apart. Its because your obsessed with hair loss, and you and yourself that much that you cannot see others. Its a common problem with today people....obsession with them self...
not just in term of hair loss, but also fame, money, career....

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I know, it's like when my mumsy drives me to continuation school and I'm like in the back seat customizing my latest Pixel Chick and she like totally yells, "look at me when I'm talking to you!" and I'm like all, "OMG, eye contact is so twentieth century." :gay:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Oh yeah, I almost forgot to thank you for getting my thread locked....LOL!

Wasn't me man. That other guy who kept having to stick his nose in after continuous requests for him to stop reading and replying.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
No, I think it was that- maybe I should kill myself- comment. No worries though.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score

Yay it's been turned into a religious debate!

Well I don't personally follow those so called "rules" as you stated, But I did go to church when I was younger, and have retained most what I was taught, and for the most part, those rules made sense. Of course most of those rules have been rewritten, re released and refined, the original text for most religions doesn't even exist anymore, it's like the pope coming out with his revised versions of the 10 commandments, aside from this dude obviously being an arrogant loon, In a couple hundred years people will most likely remember those revised commandments as being the only commandments.

But ah if a lot of those Christian beliefs where embraced, Our problems with baldness wouldn't exist.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Eureka said:
Yay it's been turned into a religious debate!

Well I don't personally follow those so called "rules" as you stated, But I did go to church when I was younger, and have retained most what I was taught, and for the most part, those rules made sense. Of course most of those rules have been rewritten, re released and refined, the original text for most religions doesn't even exist anymore, it's like the pope coming out with his revised versions of the 10 commandments, aside from this dude obviously being an arrogant loon, In a couple hundred years people will most likely remember those revised commandments as being the only commandments.

But ah if a lot of those Christian beliefs where embraced, Our problems with baldness wouldn't exist.

I know I didn't bring up religion. Someone suggested to find religion, which is how it started. And I just said I don't believe in it. Pretty simple.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
If Jesus were bald they would have crucified him...

IBM

Reaction score
un. man your avatar is excelent again!

Its like a distorted rich emo punk with a touch of irony and season demise. Seriously i dont know why you complain so much about yourself.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What frustrates me about this place are the people who say things like "Grow a backbone". You think calling me out or whatever that is will help any? Of course not. Especially when it's coming from guys who are barely balding and are still here posting. Yes being bald has conquered me but hey because a poster here says "move on already", I feel good enough to do so!

The only thing worse is people who give ideas just to throw them out there and don't even think in terms of being realistic. Like "hey go be a doctor, many of them are bald!". Like sure, we can all manage to become doctors and do well in medical school and all that other stuff too.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're like s.a.f. ... both of you think that nothing below NW6 is not balding. And you do seem to enjoy repeating that line! "I'm better than you because I wouldn't be posting here if I had even 10 hairs on the top of my head".

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It's not that anyone below NW6 is not baldING, there is just an obvious difference between a NW3 and a NW6. One has hair on top of their head and the other doesn't. It is like how people describe the difference in the maturity level of someone who is 18 vs. someone who is in their mid to late twenties. Both are considered adults but there is usually a maturity shift that happens somewhere in between. An NW3 is considered balding but once you've reached NW5 and beyond there is no hiding this and as such the psychological difference IS significant. And to say that HatPrisoner thinks he is better than anyone else is just plain ridiculous. Most of the people on this board would be petrified to be at his level, and for that I think HatPrisoner is entitled to feel distraught, impo.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
You're like s.a.f. ... both of you think that nothing below NW6 is not balding. And you do seem to enjoy repeating that line! "I'm better than you because I wouldn't be posting here if I had even 10 hairs on the top of my head".

No what I'm saying is people telling me "get over it" are still posting here as NW2's and NW3's. I'm not better than them. That's my point. And yes when you get a Norwood 6, it's a HUGE difference than being a Norwood 3. It's not even close. One is bald, one is balding. Trust me there is a huge difference.

Then again, you are the type of person who told that other person to just "die with it" if hair was his life. Says a lot about you.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
It's not that anyone below NW6 is not baldING, there is just an obvious difference between a NW3 and a NW6. One has hair on top of their head and the other doesn't. It is like how people describe the difference in the maturity level of someone who is 18 vs. someone who is in their mid to late twenties. Both are considered adults but there is usually a maturity shift that happens somewhere in between. An NW3 is considered balding but once you've reached NW5 and beyond there is no hiding this and as such the psychological difference IS significant. And to say that HatPrisoner thinks he is better than anyone else is just plain ridiculous. Most of the people on this board would be petrified to be at his level, and for that I think HatPrisoner is entitled to feel distraught, impo.

I think they might have killed themselves if they had gone through everything I have.

s.a.f

Reaction score
You cant try to tell someone who is a NW2 thats its not so bad you just have to wait until their hairloss progresses than they'll find out themselves.
What these guys fail to realise is that NW6's have already been in their position and gone past it and are speaking from personal experience. And they're trying to tell us about hairloss. :shakehead:

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
ahahha...different balding sects..every other minority manages to attain this why not us baldies.

This is silly, so because I'm only an nw2.5 My balding problems are not as bad as someone who is an nw6, that is some real interesting logic there.

For one thing, people who are effected by balding, are effected as much by an nw2 as an nw6, because it goes from 2 to 6 not 6 to 2, If when we started balding, all our hair fell out, and as it progressed we grew hair back, then this would be different, but that's not how it works.

Someone who is an nw2 is experiencing baldness just as heavily as someone who is nw6, if your bothered by it your bothered by it despite how far it's progressed, it's not until you reach nw6 that you realize just how good you had it at nw2.