Confidence...

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OK so people say to move and work out (which I do), dress well (which I can) and everything. Ok I put on a nice shirt and slacks today. I am in good shape. As a matter of fact I think it's worse lol. I look good from the head down. Too bad I am not an NBA player. I would look good with the "Draft pick" look I mentioned before lol.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Umm thanks. Coming from the guy who puts stuff on their head every day as well as ingesting a bunch of stuff? Seems hairloss bothers you too? I'm also not sure but isn't your hairloss minimal?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You should have a picture taken of you in the suit with the hat holding a big trophy and make it your new avatar- that would be dope...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
...and if you don't want to show your face, you can photoshop Jason's mask over it OH YEAH :agree:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Holding a basketball jersey with the number 1 on it would add a nice touch lol.

Then again, I wouldn't ask anyone to take that of me, they would laugh lol.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
optimus prime said:
You’re self obsessed.

:agree:
Well....that is just too obvious...
I mean this section is full of HP91 and UM posts telling us how depressed they are, how world doesn't make any sense if you don't have a hair.
I think that price of oil is based on how much depressed they are.....

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Holding a basketball jersey with the number 1 on it would add a nice touch lol.

Then again, I wouldn't ask anyone to take that of me, they would laugh lol.
Let your girlfriend take it, come on.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dario said:
optimus prime said:
You’re self obsessed.

I mean this section is full of HP91 and UM posts telling us how depressed they are, how world doesn't make any sense if you don't have a hair.

Yes you can say that. But you don't even have hairloss and you are posting here. I mean seriously. If I was at your level of hairloss, would I be here? Of course not!!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Well Dario, that is kinda what this section is about; venting about hair loss. Of course were depressed, whats not to be depressed about? I think you would be pist and upset if you (or anyone, for that matter) found yourself to be at an obviously noticeable level of hair loss, like HP and myself, so where is the big difference between you and us , really? :dunno:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's the frustrating part. If I had his degree of loss, I would be successful right now. My work ethic has always been very good and I am smart. This hairloss thing cripples me.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
What kind of work did you do before all of this happened? Did you go to college? Graduate? What would you be doing now if you weren't paralyzed by your situation?

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes and yes.

If my hairloss didn't bother me, I would go out literally Monday morning and bag a job in whatever. I was always good at interviews. I can talk my way into almost anything. Problem is with the hairloss, I can't do it as I am only thinking about how I look and how the other person sees me. It's beyond crippling.

In terms of work, most people complained about overtime. I love working overtime. I like finishing things, always have. I know why too. As a kid, no matter what I did, it was never enough. If I got a 99 percent on a test, I got yelled at for not getting that other 1. What it did was make my ultra competetive. On any project, I have to do it better and faster than anyone else. Sometimes it's bad and I have worked hard on toning that back like when I play a sport I don't have to win. Before I did no matter what.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Depends in how u use it. Point is, if used properly, having that quality is what makes some good people great. I mean I can lose a game and not be upset. But always wanting/needing to succeed has driven people to great stuff before you know?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Every time I see your name, I want to say BARFCAN.

satch5150

Reaction score
ok here is my take on this,

I am balding, Norwood 2.5 progressing rather quickly, I'm 23, my brother is 25 and is NW6. He had really big problems with it, still has... I also have big problems with it right now but I know it's not the hairloss it's me...

When I was in high school I crying about my big ears which stick out like crazy (think 2x Will Smith). I thought that I look ridiculous, also complained about my nose and etc. Haven't got a girl in high school although many cool girls told me that I look good

When I started university I somehow accepted how I look and even had a girlfriend (trust me that was a MAJOR confidence boost in my life). After that many girls told me I'm good looking guy (no one even mentioned my ears or my nose) and knew that quite a few girls liked and I was feeling good about myself. But still I wasn't confident enough to start a longer relationship. Then I started thinking that my head is big, that I look like a 40 year old with my wrinkles, and every bad comment hurt m to the bone. I was avoiding the good ones and believe there were a lot of them... Yesterday I was with my friend on the wedding party. She told me that when she was talking to her friends (all girls) and she told them that she is coming with me they replied sth like that "with that guy who is looking old?? he is a nice piece of *** you should date him". Of course I focused on me looking old...
When I talked to my female friend (she also had feelings for me but nothing happened, that ship sailed away now) she told me not to judge my looks only from hairloss. She told me that If I will be confident about me, my talent (I play the guitar), my clothes and that I am a good guy overally there won't be problem.

It's really about you. Yeah you get comments about you being bald. If you weren't balding you would get comments about your ugly sweater or bad smell. As someone said good looking guys with NW1 also have issues, maybe even the same as you. They won't live their lives because they some imperfection here or there. Normal people wouldn't notice. Problem lies in your head, not on it. I know that because I went through it. Something isn't right with you, something bad is hiding inside you. If there was a miracle cure and you would get back all your hair, you would jump on sth else. Maybe your nose or ears or small penis. Hairloss is just an excuse for sth deeper.
I know you denied it I did also but maybe you should try religion. I was thinking that religion is stupid but my friend brought me back into it and now even if I have some problems with it too I clearly see that was the best thing which has happened to me. I met great people, I feel useful (I play guitar at church), all those little things which happened in my life just opened my eyes. I got opportunites to play on a big stage and big events (sth I always dreamt about). That's only the human "profit" logic, but I know also that there is Higher Power. I am a catholic but I don't deny that God is everywhere and despite the different religions his presence can be felt there too.

sorry for my bad English,

good luck to you, just move on, try to get a job. I know you are scarred that sth will go wrong (sb will comment on you apperance or sth) but you are not loosing anything. You can only achieve sth. Bad and cruel comments can't paralyze you. You have to shake it off. Grow a backbone. One more thing is: people comment on you because it can be felt if the person is insecure and vulnerable. People are cruel b****s sometimes and take advantage of that. It makes them feel better about themselves and their own pathetic lives. If you won't give a sh*t it will stop, trust me, you just have to get off that damn spinning in circle

good luck to you,

Philip

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Dario said:
optimus prime said:
You’re self obsessed.

Yes you can say that. But you don't even have hairloss and you are posting here. I mean seriously. If I was at your level of hairloss, would I be here? Of course not!!

As you can see, I don't come here quite often. I just give a check to see how you guys doing :) and if they come out with the cure yet. :whistle: Anyway, yes I do have male pattern baldness....my head will glow just like yours one day.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Well Dario, that is kinda what this section is about; venting about hair loss. Of course were depressed, whats not to be depressed about? I think you would be pist and upset if you (or anyone, for that matter) found yourself to be at an obviously noticeable level of hair loss, like HP and myself, so where is the big difference between you and us , really? :dunno:

Yeah, but I'm in the process of loosing my stupid hair....you've already lost it. I can still ask for some treatments here, but you guys are making the situation more depressive for us.

Are there any days when you feel happy and you don't care about your hairloss.
Is it really that everything about this world, meaning of life....is contained in your hair?
How about your job, kids, wife, friends, do you like cars, football, beer, nature, technology, religion.....
Doesn't that point how egoistic you actually are?
I mean we all are in a certain level...but that much so we'll despair for the rest of our lives because of hair loss???
We're men...we are supposed to be ugly...beauty is for women only. :)

Well, I really dont know how things are done in US....maybe the society there is much more egoistic then here, much more oriented to some other values...
Maybe it's about yours unrealistic goals in your life... :dunno:

....this requires much longer discussion and my English vocabulary is very small.