Darolutamide (odm-201), A Better Topical Than Enzalutamide?

peewee

Established Member
Reaction score
Wish I could say the same. 2.5 weeks on and i’m still losing hair like a mofo. I honestly wonder if I shouldn’t just totally ruin my f*****g body and throw a sh*t load of estrogen at my hair. Apparently being on the highest dose pill isn’t enough, daily avodart, darolutamide, stemoxydine, bimatoprost, oral
And topical minoxidil isn’t enough. Seriously f*** my life.

Maybe you just need time. I've been on dutasteride for 4 years and ru for the last 3. Adding daro halted my shed, I guess it's strong enough blocking dht

Keep going, don't give up, this stuff works

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wish I could say the same. 2.5 weeks on and i’m still losing hair like a mofo. I honestly wonder if I shouldn’t just totally ruin my f*****g body and throw a sh*t load of estrogen at my hair. Apparently being on the highest dose pill isn’t enough, daily avodart, darolutamide, stemoxydine, bimatoprost, oral
And topical minoxidil isn’t enough. Seriously f*** my life.

Are you warming it up?

What I did notice is that my itch was reduced when I stopped heating it, but effective about four days before it started becoming inneffective and needed to mix again. Possibly needs refrigeration.

@Sanchez1234, @Georgie

Seems that all you need is the paint shaker. My solution did remain for about two days before it completely dissolved, some shaking here and there. It was 50 mg of Daro in 20 mL of Kirkland Minoxidil mixed with 1G of Niacinamide. It may be stable for about a week depending on a few factors. With proper shaking you won't have to wait the two days. I stopped warming it up altogether as warming it up in boiling water was overkill and it was very hot to the touch. Only after I did that did it seem to reduce the itch. Before that it didn't do anything. Probably heat damage.

Last edited:

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply 2ml in the morning and 2 before bed.

This is really early but when I do the pull test, I'm lucky to get 1 hair. Love it.

Haven't seen a decrease in shed myself. But I'm only applying to the frontal zone (and a small amount on the crown). Are you applying all over?

peewee

Established Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen a decrease in shed myself. But I'm only applying to the frontal zone (and a small amount on the crown). Are you applying all over?

I put 10 ml everclear in a clear plastic bottle, then add my daro. I shook for a while while watching tv and eventually it dissolved. Wasn't that long. I then added my ru and shook till it was gone. Then I added pg, shook, then the water. I apply 1/2 ml to the crown and massage, 1/2 ml to each temple and 1/2 ml on top.
This is working. I did the pull test again this morning and same thing, maybe one hair after five or six times.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you warming it up?

What I did notice is that my itch was reduced when I stopped heating it, but effective about four days before it started becoming inneffective and needed to mix again. Possibly needs refrigeration.

@Sanchez1234, @Georgie

Seems that all you need is the paint shaker. My solution did remain for about two days before it completely dissolved, some shaking here and there. It was 50 mg of Daro in 20 mL of Kirkland Minoxidil mixed with 1G of Niacinamide. It may be stable for about a week depending on a few factors. With proper shaking you won't have to wait the two days. I stopped warming it up altogether as warming it up in boiling water was overkill and it was very hot to the touch. Only after I did that did it seem to reduce the itch. Before that it didn't do anything. Probably heat damage.
Yep heating and shaking. 5 seconds in the microwave and a few minutes shaking, repeated maybe 5 times. Seems to work.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep heating and shaking. 5 seconds in the microwave and a few minutes shaking, repeated maybe 5 times. Seems to work.

Did you ever use the boiling water pan trick? Or were you always doing the microwave method?

Try not heating it up AT ALL. Just shake it. We don't even need heat, and there's less chance of damaging it.

What exactly is your preparation? How many mg of Daro are you dropping into how many mL of Minoxidil?

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you ever use the boiling water pan trick? Or were you always doing the microwave method?

Try not heating it up AT ALL. Just shake it. We don't even need heat, and there's less chance of damaging it.

What exactly is your preparation? How many mg of Daro are you dropping into how many mL of Minoxidil?
Basically I’m just going with what ideal has done. I used 50mg/40ml minoxidil. I was using 40/40 but I decided that I’m slowly going to increase it a bit.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically I’m just going with what ideal has done. I used 50mg/40ml minoxidil. I was using 40/40 but I decided that I’m slowly going to increase it a bit.

I made two batches, the first one seemed to work for four days, while the other lasted a day and a half before it appeared to not reduce the itch anymore. The second batch was half of everything in the first batch, but lost a few chunks during the transfer from the 10 mL glass bottle to the 20 mL one, so it was less than 25 mg in the end.

I'm going to dissolve 50 mg in 15 mL now so that it is more concentrated and will refrigerate it when not in use, see how that works out.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
So it’s been nearly 3 weeks into daro. Just a day shy. I upped my dose from 40mg in 40ml
minoxidil to 50mg in 40ml minoxidil a week ago. As of yesterday I have been shedding more, and today seems to be worse again. I counted 110 hairs during my shower and just had to stop after that because it was actually making me feel sick. I estimate it would have been close to 140-150 in the shower alone. I’ve also noticed that my eyes are very dry again which I noticed on the weekend. Unsure if this is an avodart or a daro response. Thought I’d check in anyway and update. No improvement in hair obviously. It actually looks f**king awful and sadly looks worse from day to day because of the shedding. Pretty depressing. Holding out hope.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
So it’s been nearly 3 weeks into daro. Just a day shy. I upped my dose from 40mg in 40ml
minoxidil to 50mg in 40ml minoxidil a week ago. As of yesterday I have been shedding more, and today seems to be worse again. I counted 110 hairs during my shower and just had to stop after that because it was actually making me feel sick. I estimate it would have been close to 140-150 in the shower alone. I’ve also noticed that my eyes are very dry again which I noticed on the weekend. Unsure if this is an avodart or a daro response. Thought I’d check in anyway and update. No improvement in hair obviously. It actually looks f**king awful and sadly looks worse from day to day because of the shedding. Pretty depressing. Holding out hope.

The dry eyes sound like the calling card of daro. It's working and you're likely to turn the corner soon.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

How about NOT microwaving it?

I didn't think it would work until I stopped with the heat. I don't heat it anymore. That made a world of difference because I could even apply up to 24 mg, and it didn't do ANYTHING. Whereas dissolving it without heat, 2.5 mg /mL only twice a day finally did something about that goddamn itch.

I don't know why Ideal can microwave his batch and still get it to work, maybe he has a lower wattage microwave, the list can go on. But don't warm it up at all to be safe, just shake it, as we know now you don't even need heat to dissolve it.

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
How about NOT microwaving it?

I didn't think it would work until I stopped with the heat. I don't heat it anymore. That made a world of difference because I could even apply up to 24 mg, and it didn't do ANYTHING. Whereas dissolving it without heat, 2.5 mg /mL only twice a day finally did something about that goddamn itch.

I don't know why Ideal can microwave his batch and still get it to work, maybe he has a lower wattage microwave, the list can go on. But don't warm it up at all to be safe, just shake it, as we know now you don't even need heat to dissolve it.
I’m just wondering if it will dissolve. I don’t have a paint shaker and I don’t love the idea of manually shaking it for ages. Maybe if I make a new batch a few days in advance of running out and just shake it for 5 minutes a few times a day.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're shedding 100 hair per day, i am 100% sure anagen phase kicks in. Just hold.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m just wondering if it will dissolve. I don’t have a paint shaker and I don’t love the idea of manually shaking it for ages. Maybe if I make a new batch a few days in advance of running out and just shake it for 5 minutes a few times a day.

It will. Just don't let it sit around for more than four days as I noticed mine lost potency. It had also been initially two days to dissolve, so that was now six days as a solution. I suggest refrigeration.

That batch is probably not good anyway as it is heat damaged. Prepare a new one. I applied 1 mL of my first unheated batch just to see what I feel. I still got the itch, so its definitely spoiled. Even then, it has a better chance of working than any of the past heat-damaged batches.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
It will. Just don't let it sit around for more than four days as I noticed mine lost potency. It had also been initially two days to dissolve, so that was now six days as a solution. I suggest refrigeration.

That batch is probably not good anyway as it is heat damaged. Prepare a new one. I applied 1 mL of my first unheated batch just to see what I feel. I still got the itch, so its definitely spoiled. Even then, it has a better chance of working than any of the past heat-damaged batches.
Thing is, I’ve started another big shed and I’ve got he dry eyes. I don’t really get scalp itch in the first place, so that’s not a factor for me. What I notice I just the dryness and shedding.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thing is, I’ve started another big shed and I’ve got he dry eyes. I don’t really get scalp itch in the first place, so that’s not a factor for me. What I notice I just the dryness and shedding.

However a DHT-attack may manifest, be it an itch or a shed, there's no denying a well-intact solution of Darolutamide will function better than a damaged one. You can apply 100, 200, 300 mg of your batch and it still won't work.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes you invest to get double
Sometimes you invest to lose triple