Deadlock's Story - (21yo hair problems w/PICS. dutasteride & minoxidil)

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Deadlock's Story - (19/ hair problems w/PICS)

Dude really wtf? You know I've read your story. Have been complementing you from start. My situation was way worse than yours ever was ever since baseline.

Anyone knows where I can buy meds without the need for a f*****g credit card?? Distressed as hell here. 1 pill of dutasteride left

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score

deadlock your hairloss is different. your hairline is decent with alot of smaller hairs along the temples. do u braid your hair? this could be causing your hairloss+male pattern baldness. u try paying through paypall? im adding 3 new experiment products to my regimen and i will post pictures

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

No it's not braided, just not combed for too long (attempt to dreads). The hairline's fuller apperance has most of it's volume thanks to this, or I think. Fact is that my hair has gotten extremely diffuse. Even the little front regrowth isn't helping much. And my NW3 outline can pretty much be seen through the haircut, even when I cover the temples. The excisting hair has grown thicker somewhat, but overall there has been more loss than gains.

On top of that, I'm poor, my mental situation causes me to lose even the shittiest of jobs, and my regime is running out safe for 1 last pill of dutasteride, which I might take in a few minutes. Can't buy any new ones either, cause I don't have a credit card.

So I might be going back to finasteride, and try to get some Kirkland again (doing 2 weeks without now, this happens frequently).

Also, my thinning areas have this 'balding sensation' going on, and my scalp is flaky and full of dandruff. Pretty sure now that I'm fucked up. finasteride is my last chance I feel. Giving it 6 months (if I can afford that at least)

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score

how long have u been putting your hair in dreads?. bro, i think this what is causing part of yourhair , Traction Alopecia. your hairline has not changed since u were 17, your hair loss pattern looks strange. i feel bad for u, hairloss can cause emotional stress esp @ your age. can u go see a dermatologis?

moonbase

Reaction score

you still have a lot of hair, why not just cut it short and style (In the range of 2-3inches)? It will certainly stop you from stressing so much - which could be contributing to the loss.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

israelite said:
how long have u been putting your hair in dreads?. bro, i think this what is causing part of yourhair , Traction Alopecia. your hairline has not changed since u were 17, your hair loss pattern looks strange. i feel bad for u, hairloss can cause emotional stress esp @ your age. can u go see a dermatologis?

Well I have not been putting the dreads in, they just naturally developed after not combing and not using hair products since about 6 months. I doubt it'd be Traction Alopecia, though it could be possible. Also, dreads, especially with straight hair as mine need time to 'mature', and can make the hair on top show some skin, but in my case...

I deffinatly have male pattern baldness though. The hairline has been obviously receded, you can tell by my earlier pictures. Also, when I pull my hair back, it's still the same as before (the high, hairless temples). But it's so far one of the least of my worries, hair wise.

I've seen a derm before, 2 actually and they confirmed it was male pattern baldness (though, they didn't do as much as look at my hair, they just asked: "Do you have bald familiy members." 'Yes'. "Oh. Deffinatly male pattern baldness then."). And especially seeing my mother's family members, it most likely is male pattern baldness . My uncle started balding at 18, and another cousin of my mom was like horseshoe bald at 16, both grandparents at mom's side lost their hair to (my grandmother lost it cause of hormonal imbalance, my grandfather wore a combover in his 30ies), and I have 2 NW3 hairline cousins- children of my uncle. My father is also getting pretty diffuse now, though it happened after his mid 40ies and took pretty long to develop, (he's a diffuse NW3 vertex at worst).

So I'm trying to get back to finasteride again. I just hope I don't experience any sheds this time... Would it be a safe bet? I can't get no dutasteride anyways without a credit card or someone in my country to buy it from.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score

if u are on dutasteride i doubt u will get a shed starting finasteride.

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score

deadlocks said:
Dude really wtf? You know I've read your story. Have been complementing you from start. My situation was way worse than yours ever was ever since baseline.

Anyone knows where I can buy meds without the need for a f****ing credit card?? Distressed as hell here. 1 pill of dutasteride left

I am sorry, I think my reply wasn't clear enough. What I meant was, if you tried every thing including finasteride, dutasteride and so on, then give spironolactone or androcur a chance. It just depends how much priority you give to your hairs. In my case, I would have gone to any extreme I could to get my hairs back. But if hairs issue really make you depressed, I think you could give those drugs a try.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score

if any1 takes androcur it needs to be monitored by a doctor.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Well I'm ordering most of my stuff online from a local forum. Considering Dutasteride is already hard to get (and even finasteride apperantly) I doubt I can get my hands on Androcur or spironolactone anyway... Might consider it though if this gets out of hand and turns out to become NW4 or NW5.

akki

Reaction score

guys.... I m on my 4th month on finasteride... I was having horrible hairfall... Bt in first 3 months of finasteride... It gets evn worst... Norwood i dnt losse 20 or 30 hairs when i shower bt still i loose abut 4-5 hairs in shower and i estimate dat i losse around 20 in whole day Norwood.... finasteride has workd n decrease my hair fall... Bt in 2nd n 3rd month i loose horribly much more hair n Norwood i hv much less hair on my head... Still i dosent hv any bald spot when i comb vl evrythng luk normal bt it isnt normal... I really have very less hair and i hv 2 comb it all the time... So anybody here who gone through the same den plz plz tell me that wat vl be the next??? My scalp wld remain lyk dis or vl get worst or vl get better??? I really Norwood have very less hair on my crown and on my frontal scalp.... Plz suggest

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score

deadlocks said:
Well I'm ordering most of my stuff online from a local forum. Considering Dutasteride is already hard to get (and even finasteride apperantly) I doubt I can get my hands on Androcur or spironolactone anyway... Might consider it though if this gets out of hand and turns out to become NW4 or NW5.

Mate, you could use inhouse or united. Also andro or spironolactone are not some magic pills who will turn Norwood 4 Norwood 5 in to nw1 . They work better in maintaining than to regrow. Therefore, the faster you act, when you have most of your hairs, it will benefit you even more. I read your posts and you seem to be extremely depressed and I believe life must be extremely hard on you. I understand that as it was same to me. But once again it all depends on your priority to your hairs. If you think you could do just fine with shaving your head and enjoying in that, then don't even look in to those drugs.. But it doesn't seem so.. and if you getting suicidal thoughts only because of your hairs then give them a try.... At least you won't have regret that you did not take actions on time.

In case if you try those drugs, so before trying them just go to a derm or endo and tell them that you gonna try them and you just want to try them while a professional is monitoring you, and they won't refuse. Because they are not prescribing you anything and just monitoring...

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

iamme_ said:
deadlocks said:

Mate, you could use inhouse or united. Also andro or spironolactone are not some magic pills who will turn Norwood 4 Norwood 5 in to nw1 . They work better in maintaining than to regrow. Therefore, the faster you act, when you have most of your hairs, it will benefit you even more. I read your posts and you seem to be extremely depressed and I believe life must be extremely hard on you. I understand that as it was same to me. But once again it all depends on your priority to your hairs. If you think you could do just fine with shaving your head and enjoying in that, then don't even look in to those drugs.. But it doesn't seem so.. and if you getting suicidal thoughts only because of your hairs then give them a try.... At least you won't have regret that you did not take actions on time.

In case if you try those drugs, so before trying them just go to a derm or endo and tell them that you gonna try them and you just want to try them while a professional is monitoring you, and they won't refuse. Because they are not prescribing you anything and just monitoring...

Those pharmacies use credit cards for payments as we ll. Though I contacted inhouse about doing payment via online banking just now. Still, it will take about 2 to 3 weeks for the order to arrive. And I probably won't get an answer before end of the week, which will make it a small month till I finally have them.

Thinking of buying some Saw Palmetto sups to at least block DHT somewhat in the meanwhile....

Also sorry for scolding at you earlier. Yes, I am depressed as sh*t and life isn't easy at all right now but it's no reason to reflect that back on people who are trying to help me.

I am not considering spironolactone yet, but I could do more research on it and Androcur though. I will see in 6 months where my situation is at, abd make a decision then....

mashang

Established Member
Reaction score

Deadlocks,
How's the texture of your hair, have you noticed any change ?

i am also going through a similar loss to yours but mine has advanced more in the middle of the hairline and my temples are starting to get hit now,

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

My texture hasn't changed, except for my hair being thinner of coarse. Colour has remained mostly the same also. Hair on the sides is pretty oily though, and has overall thinned as well.

Has your texture changed then? I've heard you also had this shed after 1 and a half year treatment, but did you not get any results before?

mashang

Established Member
Reaction score

yeah my texture has drastically changed, my hair in the male pattern baldness area feels really coarse and dry ,(like hay if you would)

i am still experience shedding after 1.5 years treatment, it looks like i have lots and lots of baby hairs but these have stay the same length (apart from around 10 - 15 hairs have got longer and darker) for the past 1.5 years...

these sheds come and go, but since the last one my hair overall does feel and look thinner to me.

no change in body hair (i am still a hairy bastard)
i am really at a dead end now on what to do with treatments and where to go next?

dutasteride (heard it can cause more shedding) and at the moment i can not handle another shed

spironolactone Oral - dont want to totally kill my manhood,
Topical spironolactone - not enough positive results in order to start another topical regime

is it time to give up ?

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score

mashang no ,alot of good products out there to help u.

mashang

Established Member
Reaction score

Bro i am already on finasteride , Min and nizoral ,

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score

i hit a road block myself. i have ton of baby hairs along my temples that dont grow. im adding presciption Proxiphen,myistate rum,AHK-Cu peptide-copper complex, and CB-03-01 within the next 2 weeks.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

I don't know why you're even on this board israelite, neither why you're using such expensive treatment. You, unlike me unforunatly, have an awesome head of hair. So can't quite.compare that to my situation.

New pic here btw. It seems the temples have taken an enourmous blow in thinning as well. Can't say I didn't profit from ny regime at all, but the way it is now, is that my male pattern baldness is still beating all medication so far. Lost so many hairs last shed, and since a few days, it's shedding AGAIN.

Can't seem to be able to pay my delivery for my dutasteride either, as I need an IBAN code and United Pharmacies seem not wanting to give it to me. minoxidil arrives next week though, and tbh, it seemed for me as the most effective part of the regime. Might try to order some local finasteride instead of dutasteride...

Anyways, pic is here...

Attachments

• IMAG1400-1.jpg
    IMAG1400-1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 281
  • IMAG1397-1.jpg
    IMAG1397-1.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 270
  • IMAG1389-1.jpg
    IMAG1389-1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 259
  • IMAG1401-1.jpg