Deadlock's Story - (21yo hair problems w/PICS. dutasteride & minoxidil)

Sebastien

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Deadlock's Story - (19/ hair problems w/PICS)

Yeah I get it, everyone gets those days. However don't over obsess, I'm just popping my pill. I stopped taking photos, mirror checking etc I'll just see where the road takes me since it was too much mental stress.

A short haircut could be nice as well. Right now I found a haircut thats easy to do and covers the temples a bit. Not having the stress of my hair not being in the right model all the time already made a big difference for me.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Hair has gotten so damn diffuse now... Especially in the front, but it's getting there in the midscalp as well... Hairline has receded further, and I worry a lot about going on vacation now- seeing as sweat and water aren't much good for my hair, especially now considering I need to keep using minoxidil strictly twice a day...

I lost so much the last couple of months, and I'm sure it's not just shedding from dutasteride alone. It's weird, cause a few weeks back my hair was suddenly much fuller (especially in the front, but not so much at all on the top) and now it's bad again. Then again I think I must say that throughout my entire regime, I've noticed the hairline getting a bit better, then shed, and come back later, then shed again but not much has happened on top, instead of it getting fuller after using finasteride a little, and then slowly got worse as the months passed, but I didn't pay much attention to the top and crown anyway. Cause the hairline bothered me mostly.

But to keep the story shorter, I think I'm doing worse now then when I started off almost 2 years ago now (September 2009).

sunsire

Reaction score

Just read your story, I wish my hair was like yours! I know how you feel, you've been on your regime for years! and its hard when you've put so much time effort and money in and its not working how you would expect. And you have no idea what you would look like if you hadn't started. But at least you can say "I tried" All is not lost. I used to take loads of pictures of my head, now i have done it maybe 2 times in 6 months. Sebastien says good words, take charge! I'm afraid I cant offer any pearls of wisdom as I'm in a worse position than you, but either way do what you gotta do hold your head high and live your way.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

This current regime I'm on for almost a year now, and well, results could've been better. But then again, I've shed a sh*tload as last few months as well, so I hope and pray it is finally fully working this time... Being a NW3 before your 21st doesn't feel awesome in any way... :thumbdown2:

Cutting it right now would only make my hairloss seem more obvious, so I won't be doing that, unless it gets much worse of coarse... Which it infact already has, but you know.. I'm keeping it like this for at least 6 months longer so that it might grow back from the shed. Might be wishful thinking, but it's all I've got left...

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Some pics. More to come.

Attachments

• SPM_A2361.jpg
    SPM_A2361.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 840
  • SPM_A2364.jpg
    SPM_A2364.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 833
  • SPM_A2367.jpg
    SPM_A2367.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 823
  • SPM_A2371.jpg
    SPM_A2371.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 831
  • SPM_A2398.jpg
    SPM_A2398.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 826
  • SPM_A2381.jpg
    SPM_A2381.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 834
  • SPM_A2425.jpg
    SPM_A2425.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 859

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

More pics. Have 1 more I need to upload after this.

Attachments

• SPM_A2373.jpg
    SPM_A2373.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 787
  • SPM_A2375.jpg
    SPM_A2375.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 795
  • SPM_A2374.jpg
    SPM_A2374.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 815
  • SPM_A2378.jpg
    SPM_A2378.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 813
  • SPM_A2377.jpg
    SPM_A2377.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 788
  • SPM_A2388.jpg
    SPM_A2388.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 814
  • SPM_A2464.jpg
    SPM_A2464.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 820

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Last pic. Red line indicates where I'm losing hair right now... :(

Attachments

• SPM_A2390.jpg
    SPM_A2390.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 826

gunmaster

Reaction score

Keep up the fight pal! U still have a good amount of hair upfront.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Not for long if it continues on like this I'm affraid... Bald spots are easily seen when the hair is wet, unless styled backwards which I avoid cause of the hairline.

I just hope that this shedding is so severe because of the Dutasteride...

Also bought some Nioxin shampoo, be using that instead of the Ketaconazol shampoo for now.

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score

When I switched from finasteride to dutasteride I was shedding massively. Though I am not sure if dutasteride caused it because I was shedding on finasteride too but probably not that much.. I was also lazy to apply minoxidil after I got good results from first 3-4 months and shedding began....

I never got big shed when I was applying minoxidil 2 times a day... so I am not sure if it was fake finasteride/dutasteride , that's the reason I am going to a derm after 2 weeks and get a real prescription because minoxidil always give me those baby vellus hairs and decreases my shedding..

These days I am taking 0.5mg avodart in the morning and 2.5mg finasteride at night..... pretty sure thats fake stuff cuz i don't get sides at all :S:S

Also I am applying like 6-7 ml minoxidil every day.. 3-4 in the morning and 3-4 ml at night..
So I think if you are sure about the legitimacy of your medications and they still not working then just increase the dosage.... and if you not sure if they r fake then just go to a derm

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score

In those recent pictures, those "bald" areas are not actually balding; they're "parts". You know, when the hair strands fall off/combed to different angles; they tend to show the scalp unless you have very thick hair (which you don't).

You're not a diffuser as you seem to think; you're more a frontal receder. That part on the middle of your hair seems decent. Not wide as a diffuse thinner would sport.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

YEAH I think I'm indeed more of a receder, but still... The top of my hair gas sufferes a lot from all of these months of shedding. I'm actually STILL shedding right now, though not as much as before. Still have a ton of loose hairs in my hair, which I can pull out really easy. Also am not too strict with my minoxidil applucations, cause I'm on a holiday and have just half a bottle left. Still living in fear of this sh*t not turning out well.. So I unfortunatly picked up drinking alcohol again... Never felt worse really. I'm on this regime for almost 11 months now, and I feel it should show off more than it does. How long should I continue this regime before giving up?? Thanks

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score

Give spironolactone a chance and if you could, get a real prescription for your finasteride

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score

No, oral spironolactone. 100mg/day should be fine along with finasteride and minoxidil. That's what I am doing rite now, and if even that won't work, I will try flutamide and androcur.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Nah I'd rather not, considering I'm already taking Dutasteride. Heard the results from oral spironolactone can be pretty amazing though, but still...
Did you got any results from taking it though? Got any side effects?

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

New pics, taken today.

The sides seem to have suffered a lot, strangely enough. So did the back, but just a little, compared to the sides. Hairline remains shitty, and very thin, though there are new hairs sprouting- but I also lost quite a lot of good quality hairs (dark and long) last shed. It worries me a lot, cause they might not return. I feel there are as many hairs as before at the hairline, maybe even more but they are just so very thin and short. Hope that it'll improve in the comming months, cause it's pretty much killing me right now.

Please comment.

Attachments

• IMAG0167.jpg
    IMAG0167.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 257
  • IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 868

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Actually, I'm not sure if the sides are thinned out, or it's even further progression of the hairline... Please comment.

ajnar

Reaction score

hard to tell. having longer hair can be very deceptive, i remember there were some days when i was "wtf this is horrible" and on the others "this is decent".

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

It's even more confusing for me... Cause the frontal hairs seem weaker, but still there's a little bit of regrowth at the front. :/ I feel that if I already had some regrowth I probably am doing well right?

Then I really don't know why there is more thinning now? If I'm still thinning, why am I also regrowing? Is that even possible? Is it possible to have sheddings in different areas?? Really confused by this.

Edit: Wondering if it could be the contrast between the regrown and excisting hairs? Cause I haven't been cut for a long long time.