Deadlock's Story - (21yo hair problems w/PICS. dutasteride & minoxidil)

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Deadlock's Story - (19/ hair problems w/PICS)

Have thought about that before, as my recently lost hair looks rather patchy instead of real classic male pattern baldness, which I deffinatly have in a receded pattern. I have not experienced any more recession exactly, just thinning all over. And especially the sides are very weak now. There never was really much hair on the sides compared to the top and back (had really a lot of hair on top when I was younger) but with male pattern baldness those hairs should be unaffected right?

Have never tried stopping Dutasteride, but I don't know if that's the right choice to do? Cause RU especially is pretty expensive, and I live in Europe, and have constant stuggle with money... If I were to became fully dependant on RU, I'd be in for a lot of stress.

And I don't know if it's the right decision to cut down testosterone for me either, as you know.. it can go either way with the hormones. Might then as well end up with a estrogen spike, and that's not what I want at all.

I don't know what to do about it, but maybe I'll try to take dutasteride once every 2 days? Trying that for a week, since I'm running low on Duts anyways... Also, this thinness could also be caused cause my Minoxidil always runs out, and re-supplying takes longer than a week every time. So a lot of forced breaks on minoxidil for me unfortunatly. Hopefully I have my next package this monday...

And even though I might have some regrowth going on... Why does it take so damn LONG for it to look normal??

Winter

Reaction score

My recession is similar to yours, though not as aggressive, and I've been on Proscar for about 2 years, minoxidil for about 10 months. I don't know how much Proscar has helped, but it sure didn't stop my frontal recession and thats why I decided to jump on Min. I had minituarizing hairs along my hairline and my temples were dissapearing, but when I jumped on Minoxidil 5% everything changed. At first I saw tiny hairs grow all along my old hairline that I had when I was a teenager, and after about 5-6 months they turned into, not completely healthy hair, but maybe 85-90 % of what they used to be in thickness. My old hairline was back.

I am 23 btw. What I'm trying to say is that the kind of recession you have should be possible to reverse with minoxidil, which I know you're trying to do right now. But I guess everyone responds differently to these medications.

However, something you would really benefit from is cutting your hair shorter. It makes the thinner hairs all along your hairline blend in better with your normal, healthy hair. Trust me! The worst thing you can do is keeping it long.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

I do have some regrowth at the front which I'm very happy with, it's just that the rest has thinned out extremely in the meanwhile. Could be that the Dutasteride still needs to do it's work, but minoxidil was indeed working for me thus far.

And I doubt I'll be cutting it any time soon. Just gonna wait till the hair comes back from last shed, and hopefully I won't shed again.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Pics.

Can anyone tell me if you think I'm regrowing or losing more ground? Also, how long could it take for the shedded hairs to return?

Attachments

• IMAG0054.jpg
    IMAG0054.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 346
  • IMAG0079.jpg
    IMAG0079.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 283
  • IMAG0162.jpg
    IMAG0162.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 262

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

More.

Attachments

• IMAG0280.jpg
    IMAG0280.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 267
  • IMAG0277.jpg
    IMAG0277.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 279
  • IMAG0197.jpg
    IMAG0197.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 295

malo

Established Member
Reaction score

You are definitely gaining ground. It looks like you had a good amount of re-growth.

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score

deadlocks said:
Nah I'd rather not, considering I'm already taking Dutasteride. Heard the results from oral spironolactone can be pretty amazing though, but still...
Did you got any results from taking it though? Got any side effects?

Been taking oral spironolactone for like 3 weeks and so far no scary side effects. I have some dehydration, craving for salt and sometimes brain fog but I can cope with those... And for some reasons hairs looking better than before the time I started spironolactone.. that state of my hairs was scary and now spironolactone gives me hope

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Where do you order your spironolactone then? I'm not considering using it (yet) but once my dutasteride start to lose effectiveness I'll probably need something else. But be aware man.. spironolactone is some strong stuff. Do you have a thread of your own?

JohnDoe1989

Reaction score

deadlocks maybe that dutasteride is very strong sh*t and your body isn't used to it. the key to maintain hair is to level your regimen and your dht. hair is lost even when u have low dht but it fluctuates. if u see pimples on your face or something weird about your body that is not usual - you are going trough adaptation. you should not make changes to your regime. and if it looks like your hair is thin why don't u shave it shorter. if u had a shed hair that long will need time to grow!

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score

deadlocks said:
Where do you order your spironolactone then? I'm not considering using it (yet) but once my dutasteride start to lose effectiveness I'll probably need something else. But be aware man.. spironolactone is some strong stuff. Do you have a thread of your own?
I order it from reliablerxpharmacy. My thread link is here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=58833&p=588882&hilit=iamme#p588882

Also rite now I am on the spot where I dont care abt side effects of spironolactone as long as my hairs can be fixed...

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

I think I'm now pretty sure that it's Telogen Effluvium which has caused the hair on top to thin out. It's so very patchy, yet the remaining hair is very thick. Thicker than ever maybe.

But still, I'm very concerned, cause now I have maybe 2 variations of hairloss. And dutasteride doesn't seem to be a "safe" treatment for it (as it 'stops' or slows male pattern baldness, but gives me Telogen Effluvium in return). I have about 2.5 weeks supply left (taken that I take a capsule every day, which I don't... altering between 2 days now) wondering if I should get more? Or get back to finasteride? (Will I have another shed if I do?)

How can I know for sure that it's Telogen Effluvium I'm suffering from? Sides have thinned out as well with the rest, but the top is the worst.

EDIT: Also, I'm thinking about using MSM, for making the new hairs around my temples grow faster. But seeing as my hair is long already, how much would this help with the contrast between long and short hairs?

Any help is appriciated. :whistle:

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score

trust me on spironolactone and androcur.. you won't regret it

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm already taking Dutasteride man, can't take anything stronger than that. But sh*t... this is a damn mess.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Pics as of this month. Shedding has stopped mostly, but am running low on my supply of dutasteride, and need new minoxidil. Thinness on top is still the worst, but the temples suffered to. Can see some smaller hairs around the hairline but its not enough for a cosmetic difference, neither does it balance out for the loss on top... It's extremely diffuse now and it can drive me insane sometimes. Hope that it will regrow...

Attachments

• IMAG1123.jpg
    IMAG1123.jpg
    696.3 KB · Views: 310
  • IMAG0741.jpg
    IMAG0741.jpg
    883.3 KB · Views: 304
  • IMAG0585.jpg
    IMAG0585.jpg
    818.9 KB · Views: 259
  • IMAG0611.jpg
    IMAG0611.jpg
    641.2 KB · Views: 302
  • IMAG0979.jpg
    IMAG0979.jpg
    700.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMAG1125-1-1.jpg
    IMAG1125-1-1.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 276
  • IMAG0907.jpg
    IMAG0907.jpg
    821.5 KB · Views: 305

HiLite

Reaction score

looks good bro, way better then baseline. keep up with ur regimine and youll have hair like troy polamula in a year

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score

to be honest it seems hairline has improved
but that diffuse thinning hit harder and looks kinda worse than base line.. having said that hairline definitely showed some improvements

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Which is what I was thinking to. Diffuse hit me hard, but lately I have seen days in which is was beter. Because of the suddenness of the sheds I experienced with diffusion thinness I was thinking it was Telogen Effluvium, but I dunno but I see the island part is also thinner. Just hope it gets better in time...

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Thinning all over sucks. Am embarrassed as hell to go anywhere... Don't know if this will ever get better now at this point. Have nothing left of my regime either... Might as well quit.

Attachments

• IMAG1315.jpg
    IMAG1315.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 314
  • IMAG1274-1.jpg
    IMAG1274-1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 259

iamme_

Established Member
Reaction score

dont let it take over u.. read my story