Ever Wanted To Give Up/withdraw From Society?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
As for your "ugly and fat" colleague. Either he's not that ugly or, probably, they treat him with fake respect only in front of him. As soon as he's out of your office, they'll probably mock and humiliate him. That's what my English colleagues do here as well. The female colleagues barely conceal looks of pity/disgust and mockery when they see me.

I also have a fat and ugly and short and diffuse balding and introverted and non-funny colleague. There is something hormonolly wrong with him I think. People make excuses for being fat, but I think in his case it's legit.

I have never seen/heard him get mocked (however we are all engineers..). People see him. And move on past his ugliness. He gets invited to all the parties by the colleagues too (which are usually lame).

I'm really curious about what kind of sh*t industry you are in Dante.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Now? Around 22000€.

My mom gets that with like 30 years of seniority and being an executive, and that's truly the limit for her, I think she's in over her head, since she comes home crying sometimes because there is so much pressure and her peers are sharks.

I've met some people who arrived to her level but eventually bailed on their company and went back to being managers again, or even below that. If you can't handle your job, you should ask yourself if you're not aiming beyond your capabilities, no matter how well it pays.

Emigrating? It's a possibility, I've talked about it with my girlfriend and she's open to the idea.

With a 50k take home pay, why is your mom still living in a poor neighborhood? Man, you're going to inherit some good coin, so your retirement should be covered :)

Going from 22k to 35k per year, that's a 1k/month increase, which is a good increase, but yeah, I completely agree that it's not enough to warrant a high increase in stress. Your quality of life will be better with 22k and keeping your expenses low.

GornMyson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In fact I was talking about fake politeness and respect, facade, but at least there was some degree of it. In Italy I am deprived of any shred of decency and respect, fake or real. Here in the UK at least I feel like a normal human being for a few seconds every day.
Do you think you will relocate here full time ?

EvilLocks

Reaction score
There's a place for everyone man. Srs, you may say I'm coping but you're not alone. I want to see everyone on this damn forum bald, balding or whatever, f*****g make it brahs. Anyone who writes you off because of your genetics f*** em! I used to think the same way that everyone was out to get me, there's genuine people out there bro you're gonna make it. We all are.
Yeah... I know you mean well, but keep telling yourself that. Unfortunately, Dante is right. Not everyone will make it, it's just the reality of life. Some lose and some win.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah... I know you mean well, but keep telling yourself that. Unfortunately, Dante is right. Not everyone will make it, it's just the reality of life. Some lose and some win.
giphy.gif

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know what happens after that scene, right? :D

View attachment 57440
Yeah, I remember watching Tom and Jerry as a kid. It's funny how it ends with Tom and Jerry sitting at the train tracks. Cartoons never end like this anymore, it always ends with everyone being happy. It's a tough lesson for the kids. No matter how much you love someone and how many sacrifices you make there might be someone better than you who will steal them away.
giphy.gif

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I love Tom and Jerry, brings back so many childhood memories. It seems like all the kids watch today is pointless crap, at least compared to what I grew up with...

I know its Finnish/Swedish, but...

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I know its Finnish/Swedish, but...

Seriously, my favorite!!
I actually binged watched on YT not too long ago, and I won't lie - I still find it very entertaining. Mummy was the best!! And I'm still afraid of this:
Hufsa.jpg

Creepiest cartoon evah

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
True. But if you haven't fully tried to looksmax/lifemax I don't think it's time to LDAR yet. Still young. Not ogre yet.