Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
But does it matter when the receptors are blocked, regardless of how dht got converted?
It does matter because my dht always gets higher than what bica can inhibit, and with my lo T i start to get Low T symptoms with very high dht. Bica never was a real solution for me sadly.

Also this graph is more acurate.

Attachments

• DHT pathways .png
    DHT pathways .png
    237.9 KB · Views: 34

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am just gonna make my own 17.5 mg duta pill and take it once a week, cause meassuring 2.5mg every day is a pain in the ***. Should be enough since dutasteride half life is long enough

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It does matter because my dht always gets higher than what bica can inhibit, and with my lo T i start to get Low T symptoms with very high dht. Bica never was a real solution for me sadly.

That seems impossible. If bica was so sh*t that it can't even block DHT that's the main driving force behind prostate cancer. It would have been discontinued long ago

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
That seems impossible. If bica was so sh*t that it can't even block DHT that's the main driving force behind prostate cancer. It would have been discontinued long ago
I think u didnt understand my point.... At the dosage i need to supress my dht, my Testosterone would be completely nuked because T is easier to outnumber at like 20 pg/ml while dht at that same level would need bica at like 25 my daily to even have a chance. What I mean is that if I take 25 mg daily my T gets too low and I start to have very low T symptoms and my body start to regulate 5ar1 to give a stronger androgen signaling.

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I myself will move back up to 25mg daily bica from 12.5 when I get more pills in the mail

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think u didnt understand my point.... At the dosage i need to supress my dht, my Testosterone would be completely nuked because T is easier to outnumber at like 20 pg/ml while dht at that same level would need bica at like 25 my daily to even have a chance. What I mean is that if I take 25 mg daily my T gets too low and I start to have very low T symptoms and my body start to regulate 5ar1 to give a stronger androgen signaling.
Might as well not take it then. It's pointless if your receptors are just partially blocked

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems stupid that people go for the most extreme solution, just to not dose themself properly.

BRezende

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have diffuse thinner as well, finasteride wipe out my hair and gave me oily and sebum production. After finasteride I started take 150MG of bicalutamide daily for 4 months. Never worked. After that I started with estrogel for 3 months then moved to injections, 4,8 MG of estradiol valerate every 4 days, took it probably for 5 months. 0 results.

Last edited:

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have diffuse thinner as well, finasteride wipe out my hair and gave me oily and sebum production. After finasteride I started take 150MG of bicalutamide daily for 4 months. Never worked. After that I started with estrogel for 3 months then moved to injections, 4,8 MG of estradiol valerate every 4 days, took it probably for 5 months. 0 results.

BRezende

My Regimen
Reaction score

Also we have not only endocrine system. Our cells also act in a paracrine and autocrine manner. For your cell to produce DHT independently, it only needs cholesterol as a source.

BRezende

My Regimen
Reaction score
All prostate cancer patients who undergo surgical castration should have a full head of hair, since after this surgery the testosterone level is reduced by 96%. And this clearly does not happen. In aggressive cancers, the tumor (which is androgen dependent) continues to progress, sometimes even more rapidly, even with the 96% reduction in testosterone. Why? Because our cells have the ability to synthesize hormones locally. Paracrine and Autocrine system.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also we have not only endocrine system. Our cells also act in a paracrine and autocrine manner. For your cell to produce DHT independently, it only needs cholesterol as a source.
It needs 5 alpha reductase enzyme, otherwise it cant be produced, so megadose with 2.5 mg dutas will get rid of this poisoning hormone

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldn't dutasteride at like dosages of 2.5 mg inhibit that?
Judging by scalp DHT levels being significantly lower at that dose I would say so (50% vs 85% iirc). I’m also curious if there’s any data on dutasteride at even higher doses? 3mg and beyond might suppress even more locally, to eventually match serum levels.