Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
@Jonny Craig : Because you give me the right I choose to believe the testimonies I read, estradiol makes skin looks lighter/paler. I often read that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/comments/7w7agt/does_skin_complexion_change_on_hrt_mtf/

https://www.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/comments/53co6g/trans_women_does_hrt_make_you_paler/

Even OP seems to have a paler/lighter skin now. Same with recedingyt.

That's why I'm surprised by your assertion. But you have scientific evidence to back your claim, I don't, I might be wrong then. But still it's weird.

reddit is the cesspool of the internet; why are you using it as some sort of fact checker?

MagicalGirlMarina

Trans Woman | 31 | Straight | HRT 10/06/173 points·1 year ago

Your skin does change due to HRT. Specifically, your skin become thinner, you lose some collagen production, oil production lessens, and you lose some melanin. Thus, your skin becomes softer; lighter in color; your pores shrink; and becomes more prone to tearing, irritation from shaving, bruising, sunburn, moisture loss, and stretch marks.

level 2
mid-brow_undertones

Trans woman - HRT 4/172 points·1 year ago

Doesn't collagen production go up with estrogen?

lol

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
reddit is the cesspool of the internet; why are you using it as some sort of fact checker?

MagicalGirlMarina

Trans Woman | 31 | Straight | HRT 10/06/173 points·1 year ago

Your skin does change due to HRT. Specifically, your skin become thinner, you lose some collagen production, oil production lessens, and you lose some melanin. Thus, your skin becomes softer; lighter in color; your pores shrink; and becomes more prone to tearing, irritation from shaving, bruising, sunburn, moisture loss, and stretch marks.

level 2
mid-brow_undertones

Trans woman - HRT 4/172 points·1 year ago

Doesn't collagen production go up with estrogen?

lol

That's why I said you have scientific evidence and I don't. And a lot of transwomen experience it, so I'm really surprised.

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
@bridgeburn I don't think I've ever heard of anyone using both topical progesterone + estrogen (bi-estro) together.. but here I am.

Should I use at same time? spread apart? any thoughts?

I am also debating using at same time, but taking the prog in mouth, absorbed in the gums/tongue, and bi-estro on scalp. OR just use all on scalp?! not sure... scalp is most direct, for sure.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hola, creo que si cambio mi régimen de 500 mg de flutamida 5 mg de finasterida 4 mg de estradiol para espironolactona 100 mg 5 mg de finasterida 0,5 mg de flutamidas ... podré recuperar mis erecciones y disminuir la ginecomastia. .. y al menos mantener el cabello que tengo ... me canso de este régimen quiero volver a ser normal otra vez

Bridgeburn help
your erections should come back. However, if your gyno is significant, it may shrink a little with a less harsh regimen but still it will remain even if you stopped every drug.. It's more likely a lower regimen would halt further progression or at just slow it down.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have incredible hair regrowth but what about your hair density? At this length, it should look a lot thicker.
I'm not sure what you're seeing?..

P_20190226_130610_1.jpg

Maybe its cause my hair is naturally curly and curly follicles are flatter and oval-shaped compared to straight hair. Also the puffiness changes alot with humidity.
Hair-Follicles.jpg

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually hate my GP. I got the verdict back, and he said he can't give it me unless I get confirmed to take it by my dermatologist - the same dermatologist who told me to eat avocados to resolve my hair loss. This is just bait for failure, so I guess I'll just either ask my mother to get the medications for me or I will order the medications online...:( I told the doctor that I will kill my self if I don't get prescribed it and he just said 'there's nothing I can do, sorry!' although by law he can prescribe it under an off-label use. And then, he has the audacity to use minoxidil although I already told him I will NEVER use it because it poses the risk to lead to facial hair growth (I have spent thousands upon thousands on laser hair removal on my face so that's a big f*****g no).

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually hate my GP. I got the verdict back, and he said he can't give it me unless I get confirmed to take it by my dermatologist - the same dermatologist who told me to eat avocados to resolve my hair loss. This is just bait for failure, so I guess I'll just either ask my mother to get the medications for me or I will order the medications online...:( I told the doctor that I will kill my self if I don't get prescribed it and he just said 'there's nothing I can do, sorry!' although by law he can prescribe it under an off-label use. And then, he has the audacity to use minoxidil although I already told him I will NEVER use it because it poses the risk to lead to facial hair growth (I have spent thousands upon thousands on laser hair removal on my face so that's a big f*****g no).

I had the same frustrations.. they would NOT prescribe me oral progesterone, and I tried TWICE, 2 diff doctors.

f*** em.

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
So I'm using topical progesterone + estriol/estradiol (bi-estro), at the same time, on same area on scalp, once per day, before bed.

Questions/comments/concerns?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn I don't think I've ever heard of anyone using both topical progesterone + estrogen (bi-estro) together.. but here I am.

Should I use at same time?
I don't know of a reason not to.
I am also debating using at same time, but taking the prog in mouth, absorbed in the gums/tongue
take it in the *** :)

(seriously, some people take it that way. better bio-availability )

OR just use all on scalp?! not sure... scalp is most direct, for sure.
how about half on the scalp and half somewhere else.. In case too much topical dries the scalp and it starts resisting or something ?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the same frustrations.. they would NOT prescribe me oral progesterone, and I tried TWICE, 2 diff doctors.

f*** em.

I'm not even sure why they won't prescribe it, it's a medication which legally can be prescribed for 'off-label uses'... I will order them online for the first few months whilst I try to get prescribed it by my dermatologist. My dermatologist originally told me to use minoxidil, and put that on the system; I'm not sure why she put it on the system when I clearly said 'I will never use minoxidil - oral or topical'.

I even confronted the doctor today about my previous doctor telling me to take iron supplements when I was not even insufficient on iron. My point was that the doctors barely know what they are doing most of the time, and just want to get people out of the office.

I'd also like to emphasise: for now, I will be taking 100MG of Spironolactone with 2MG of Estradiol. Spironolactone is quite pricey to be taking 200MG daily :eek: so I will just take 100MG until I get a repeat prescription of 200MG by my dermatologist. I hope it will still be effective, though...

Should I also take Diane-35 (Or Dianette)? I'm not sure what the purpose of that is, but I've seen others use it so I'm quite curious o_O!

Last edited:

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
My dermatologist originally told me to use minoxidil, and put that on the system
Min alone gives initial results but doesn't stop the actual balding process. Everyone knows that, except your derm

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
my previous doctor telling me to take iron supplements when I was not even insufficient on iron.
that is dangerous. sue for medical malpractice

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to get my dermatologist appointment moved to this week, and I have a plan... I'm going to walk in with a black beanie covering my hair and forehead, along with a makeup look which is highly dramatic to emphasise that I'm uncomfortable with how I look due to my skin and hair.

I will start the conversation by stating that I want to stop Accutane, and I would like to move onto a different medication which can benefit my hair and skin - Spironolactone. Confidently, I will state my confidence in the medication and throw in some studies done on the medication, sneakily bringing up Estradiol in the conversation. And then, if this goes how I want it to go she will prescribe me the medications.

If I need to, I will start crying on command in hopes she feels bad and prescribes me them... Or, I will do special FX makeup on my wrists with cut marks (no offence to people who self harm, I'm just quite desperate for these medications :oops: it's just more convenient for me to have a prescription for these).

It's honestly just confusing, because she is aware with how drastic my hair loss is but she's just like 'Ah, stupid b**ch *** boy... All you need is avocados :rolleyes:' and then starts speaking about minoxishit :mad:...
Just show her bridge's before and after pics, it was part of my strategy with my doctor, then told him minoxidil is a joke compared to E and other things. In the end it was signing the consent form with him though.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're seeing?..

View attachment 114590

Maybe its cause my hair is naturally curly and curly follicles are flatter and oval-shaped compared to straight hair. Also the puffiness changes alot with humidity.
View attachment 114589
I admit that your mid-scalp and forelock are very strong and thick. However, I have doubt on your vertex and corner point of your hairline. Believe me, my forelock is stronger than yours but my vertex and corner of hairline are thinning very badly. My Thinning corners have met my thinning vertex which is the sign of advanced balding.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just show her bridge's before and after pics, it was part of my strategy with my doctor, then told him minoxidil is a joke compared to E and other things. In the end it was signing the consent form with him though.

That's a good idea, and probably a good option too... I will also show studies done, to prove the effectiveness of the combination.

I would be shocked if she didn't prescribe me them... She prescribed me Accutane without even thinking twice, and that medication has worse side effects! :confused:

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
It made me more tan, after less than 2 weeks on bi-estro care cream.

Can't wait to get back on it.. it is arriving tonight :)
I wish it were true too, but from most I've seen they either stayed the same or went paler, look at antydht:

upload_2019-3-8_11-13-7.png