Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Marky

do you take avodart? Is there any point in taking avodart if I take cyproterone? could it be better to replace finasteride? I feel bad from dutasterid.

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know the antidhtor used dutasteride and estradiol? or just CPA?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Marky

do you take avodart? Is there any point in taking avodart if I take cyproterone? could it be better to replace finasteride? I feel bad from dutasterid.
Yes generally dutasteride is stronger than finasteride. I use x3 a week. That's a good question, I'd rather leave that to bridge or someone else.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know the antidhtor used dutasteride and estradiol? or just CPA?

upload_2019-3-7_13-50-55.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-7_13-50-36.png
    upload_2019-3-7_13-50-36.png
    382.9 KB · Views: 213

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree.
What do you think spironolactone is a good drug? worth adding?

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hola, mi régimen actual es de 500 mg de flutamida, finasterida 1 mg y dutasterida 0.5.
Creen que con esto puedo mantener mi cabello ... No busco crecimiento.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is your main concern libido? It should be your hair... As long as it is improving your hair, that's what matters. But, 400MG? You might as well take cyproterone acetate instead...
Because of, no pain= no gain. Cypro isn't available in my country.

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone noticing great skin from bi-estro/estriol/estradiol/estrogen?

I noticed, looking at videos of myself, from only 2 weeks on bi-estro, my skin was literally glowing, it had a very healthy looking yellow tinge to it.

I asked my buddy (the one who is having success on bi-estro for hair) and he said the same thing. He said someone even asked if he's been tanning!

Did some quick research... estrogen is the sh*t!

1. Abstract
    As the population of postmenopausal women increases, interest in the effects of estrogen grows. The influence of estrogen on several body systems has been well-documented; however, one area that has not been explored is the effects of estrogen on skin. Estrogen appears to aid in the prevention of skin aging in several ways. This reproductive hormone prevents a decrease in skin collagen in postmenopausal women; topical and systemic estrogen therapy can increase the skin collagen content and therefore maintain skin thickness. In addition, estrogen maintains skin moisture by increasing acid mucopolysaccharides and hyaluronic acid in the skin and possibly maintaining stratum corneum barrier function. Sebum levels are higher in postmenopausal women receiving hormone replacement therapy. Skin wrinkling also may benefit from estrogen as a result of the effects of the hormone on the elastic fibers and collagen. Outside of its influence on skin aging, it has been suggested that estrogen increases cutaneous wound healing by regulating the levels of a cytokine. In fact, topical estrogen has been found to accelerate and improve wound healing in elderly men and women. The role of estrogen in scarring is unclear but recent studies indicate that the lack of estrogen or the addition of tamoxifen may improve the quality of scarring. Unlike skin aging, the role of endogenous and exogenous estrogen in melanoma has not been well established.

Estrogen for Hair Growth
  2. Most women complain about hair loss in their pre-menopausal years. This happens too after the pregnancy. The reason why most of the women experience hair loss after giving birth to their children is lower estrogen level in the blood. The level of this hormone escalates rapidly when a woman conceives. Around this time, their hairs become strong, and they do not generally suffer from hair fall. This happens again due to an increased amount of the estrogen hormone in the blood. The amount of the hormone becomes low after the childbirth resulting abnormal hair loss in many women.

For many women and men too, estrogen therapy is often recommended when they suffer from baldness. Estrogen has effective result in preventing excessive hairloss. Regular use of estrogen checks hair fall largely. At the same time, the hormone also helps in growing new hair. People who experience premature baldness can get satisfactory result by consuming estrogen tablets on regular course. However, one should always seek medical help before opting for external consumption of the hormone. Immature and careless intake of estrogen may lead to serious consequences at times.

Effects of Estrogen on Skin
    The most prominent effect of estrogen therapy is observed on skin. The hormone works like wonder in preventing the premature ageing process in both men and women. It prevents wrinkles and age spots effectively. There is no better option but estrogen, if one wishes to look younger than his or her age.

A systematic estrogen application may increase the skin collagen component that in turn helps retaining skin soft and firm. Therefore, it would be no wrong to remark that estrogen is a miracle hormone that holds the secret of youth in men and women.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because of, no pain= no gain. Cypro isn't available in my country.

'No pain, no gain' shouldn't exactly be applied to this situation because taking 400MG of Spironolactone, just to decrease your libido, is outlandish. 200MG of Spironolactone along with 2MG of Estradiol will probably be fine in your case of 'balding'...

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
WOW..

To test the relationship between hormones and skin pigment, the researchers administered doses of the hormone estrogen to a 3D array of cells designed to mimic the structure of human skin. The longer the cells were exposed to estrogen, the more melanin they produced; after four days, the cells produced up to 300 percent more melanin than before they were exposed to estrogen. The researchers did the same test with progesterone (a synthetic version, progestin, is in oral contraceptives), which the body also produces during pregnancy, and found that cells decreased their melanin production when exposed to that hormone.

That was intriguing, since the melanocytes (the cells that produce melanin) don’t have traditional hormone receptors.

When the researchers took a closer look at the molecular pathways, they discovered that the hormones activate special pathways in the melanocyte cell membranes that tell the cell to create more or less melanin. To test their hypothesis, the researchers eliminated those receptors from the cells and found that the hormones no longer changed how much melanin they produced, as they predicted.

This discovery could lead to treatments for skin pigment conditions such as vitiligo, in which skin loses pigment because melanocytes are destroyed. It could also help researchers develop non-toxic ways to alter skin tone for cosmetic purposes, like making a person look tan without exposure to UV rays or paler without using damaging bleach on the skin.

In fact, the researchers isolated one of the melanin-increasing compounds and applied it as cream to the inside of mice’s ears for three weeks, which visibly darkened their skin. What’s not yet clear is if these sorts of creams would have any side effects—for example, on fertility—if used on humans.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
WOW..

To test the relationship between hormones and skin pigment, the researchers administered doses of the hormone estrogen to a 3D array of cells designed to mimic the structure of human skin. The longer the cells were exposed to estrogen, the more melanin they produced; after four days, the cells produced up to 300 percent more melanin than before they were exposed to estrogen. The researchers did the same test with progesterone (a synthetic version, progestin, is in oral contraceptives), which the body also produces during pregnancy, and found that cells decreased their melanin production when exposed to that hormone.

That was intriguing, since the melanocytes (the cells that produce melanin) don’t have traditional hormone receptors.

When the researchers took a closer look at the molecular pathways, they discovered that the hormones activate special pathways in the melanocyte cell membranes that tell the cell to create more or less melanin. To test their hypothesis, the researchers eliminated those receptors from the cells and found that the hormones no longer changed how much melanin they produced, as they predicted.

This discovery could lead to treatments for skin pigment conditions such as vitiligo, in which skin loses pigment because melanocytes are destroyed. It could also help researchers develop non-toxic ways to alter skin tone for cosmetic purposes, like making a person look tan without exposure to UV rays or paler without using damaging bleach on the skin.

In fact, the researchers isolated one of the melanin-increasing compounds and applied it as cream to the inside of mice’s ears for three weeks, which visibly darkened their skin. What’s not yet clear is if these sorts of creams would have any side effects—for example, on fertility—if used on humans.

I hope estrogen makes me appear more tan; I highly dislike myself looking so ghostly and pale!

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It made me more tan, after less than 2 weeks on bi-estro care cream.

Can't wait to get back on it.. it is arriving tonight :)

It's weird because ... I saw a lot of before-after MTF HRT pictures and I was sure it was the opposite. With estradiol the skin looks lighter. Women have also lighter skin than men ... at least that what I think. Am I wrong?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's weird because ... I saw a lot of before-after MTF HRT pictures and I was sure it was the opposite. With estradiol the skin looks lighter. Women have also lighter skin than men ... at least that what I think. Am I wrong?

That's what Ive noticed as well.

Last edited:

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score

I don't know if you're wrong.

I know what I've experienced, and a friend of mine had the exact same experience as I.

Read what I posted above.

More melanin on estrogen, a LOT more, and LESS melanin on progesterone. This is according to actual testing VS looking at pictures and speculating anecdotally.

Now, also factor in, the fact that I, anecdotally, get ghost white, almost even translucent on Progesterone (not a great look but whatever) VS on estrogen I had a nice yellow glow.

My experience would be in line with what actual testing shows.

What you choose to believe is up to you.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Jonny Craig : Because you give me the right I choose to believe the testimonies I read, estradiol makes skin looks lighter/paler. I often read that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/comments/7w7agt/does_skin_complexion_change_on_hrt_mtf/

https://www.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/comments/53co6g/trans_women_does_hrt_make_you_paler/

Even OP seems to have a paler/lighter skin now. Same with recedingyt.

That's why I'm surprised by your assertion. But you have scientific evidence to back your claim, I don't, I might be wrong then. But still it's weird.