Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think if everyone says it is worth listening. Bridgeburn laid out research about all three hormones of estrogen. estriol gives almost no gino. and estrone has a lot of it in old women and there are a lot of veins and breast cancer from it.
I switching to estriol, wish I'd been watching out for high blood levels of estrone sooner and hope 4.5 months of Estrogel didn't to too much damage.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We need an updated Beginner's Guide on this site that addresses this kind of nuanced stuff. It could help a lot of people.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I switching to estriol, wish I'd been watching out for high blood levels of estrone sooner and hope 4.5 months of Estrogel didn't to too much damage.
isn't estriol just the 'a' E, while estrodiol is the 'b'?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
isn't estriol just the 'a' E, while estrodiol is the 'b'?
I believe estriol binds alpha preferentially, while beta binds both a and b. I've learned a lot lately: the dark side of taking beta estradiol is that it can form lot of estrone. Get your blood levels checked!! Estriol cannot turn into estrone.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe estriol binds alpha preferentially, while beta binds both a and b. I've learned a lot lately: the dark side of taking beta estradiol is that it can form lot of estrone. Get your blood levels checked!! Estriol cannot turn into estrone.

So is it better to take estriol than estradiol?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Bridge said

You might have to take a lot of estriol to get effects from it. Bridge said it would take a lot to equal Estradiol.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am quite weary... I have noticed that on some areas of my scalp, there are only around thirty hairs within a 1CM x 1CM square :eek:. I'm only eighteen and I have hair thinner than my dads and he is going to turn sixty within the next few years! Weirdly enough, though, my younger brother is also suffering with quite severe hair loss; his is equally diffused amongst the scalp. What is even more bizarre is that the donor area of his scalp is the thinnest area...

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

never too late to fix it.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm fucked no matter what I do. I feel like sh*t on Cypro, I feel like sh*t on spironolactone and I feel like sh*t on Estradiol. I don't know how much longer I can keep going like this. But I know if I stop I will probably jump right back on this crap once I see my hair falling out again. I think I will try spironolactone again since it makes me feel like crap but at least I won't get the depression and complete lack of motivation I get from Cypro. Time to piss and sweat all day again. Here comes an elevated heart beat and high cortisol. I can't wait. I haven't had a good night's sleep in months. Im damned if I do and damned if I don't. I guess I'd rather be damned with hair. f*** my life. I think im gonna have a nap. It's the only thing I'm good at right now.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm fucked no matter what I do. I feel like sh*t on Cypro, I feel like sh*t on spironolactone and I feel like sh*t on Estradiol. I don't know how much longer I can keep going like this. But I know if I stop I will probably jump right back on this crap once I see my hair falling out again. I think I will try spironolactone again since it makes me feel like crap but at least I won't get the depression and complete lack of motivation I get from Cypro. Time to piss and sweat all day again. Here comes an elevated heart beat and high cortisol. I can't wait. I haven't had a good night's sleep in months. Im damned if I do and damned if I don't. I guess I'd rather be damned with hair. f*** my life. I think im gonna have a nap. It's the only thing I'm good at right now.
I haven't been following your journey too closely.
Where is your hair right now? Has it gotten better ever since starting Cypro, spironolactone & Est?

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 114821
As close as 2 months ago hairline was sparse and much scalp could be seen.
8.5 months on finasteride, 4 months estrogen, 6 weeks oral min. Very happy with recovery and hope to maintain here. I’m not without a bunch of side effects. :(
Are you taking topical minoxidil as well as oral? & what dosage is oral?

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "nWo Wolfpac, post: 1779313, miembro: 132479"] Estoy jodido, no importa lo que haga. Me siento como una mierda en Cypro, me siento como una mierda en espironolactona y me siento como una mierda en Estradiol. No sé cuánto tiempo más puedo seguir así. Pero sé que si me detengo, probablemente volveré a saltar a esta mierda una vez que vea que mi cabello se cae nuevamente. Creo que volveré a probar la espironolactona ya que me hace sentir como una mierda, pero al menos no obtendré la depresión y la falta total de motivación que recibo de Cypro. Hora de orinar y sudar todo el día otra vez. Aquí viene un ritmo cardíaco elevado y cortisol alto. No puedo esperar No he tenido una buena noche de sueño en meses. Maldito si lo hago y maldito si no lo hago. Supongo que preferiría ser condenado con el pelo. Joder mi vida Creo que voy a tener una siesta. Eso'

and if you add more estradiol ?? Maybe it's that you lack sexual hormones
the strongest antiandrogen regimen I had was 500 mg flutamide 5 mg finasteride and 200 mg spironolactone ... and I had hot flushes, tiredness, little strength I felt weak ... I was taking 4 mg estradiol and the symptoms were ... just a the 6 mg of estradiol improves ...
but I understand that taking all that estradiol is not what you want

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

don't worry so much. I, too, sucks from such a scheme. need to change the mode. you can only try estrogel and some kind of weak anti-androgen. side effects may not be .. I'm too tired

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I phased out the topical after a few weeks of oral. Since I just reduced oral dosage due to sides I brought back the topical. I want to make sure my follicles are not deprived during this exciting growth phase.
I was at 5 mg/day up until last weekend. Down to 1.25 mg at the moment. Just saw cardiologist. All tests are fine and he is not at all concerned healthwise about very low doses (<10 mg) of oral minoxidil :)

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can empathize. Most of us are continually balancing side effects with efficacy. Are you not into minoxidil? Oral min is the sh*t! Why not phase out cypro and bring in oral min? Oral min and estro is a powerful combo. Then possibly dexamethasone topical, which in addition to addressing inflammatory issues increases scalp aromatase activity 9-fold.
I actually ordered cypro from in house a month or two ago when I was desperate but there was a credit card issue so it never shipped. I'm so thankful I never started that sh*t.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wow lots of updates since my nap. I feel slightly better now.

I haven't been following your journey too closely.
Where is your hair right now? Has it gotten better ever since starting Cypro, spironolactone & Est?

My hair is much improved since I started. It has regrown my temples in and thickened up all over but my hair is still thin. I have to comb my hair down so no one sees my scalp.

No minoxidil gave me really bad sides had to quit that years ago.

[QUOTE = "nWo Wolfpac, post: 1779313, miembro: 132479"] Estoy jodido, no importa lo que haga. Me siento como una mierda en Cypro, me siento como una mierda en espironolactona y me siento como una mierda en Estradiol. No sé cuánto tiempo más puedo seguir así. Pero sé que si me detengo, probablemente volveré a saltar a esta mierda una vez que vea que mi cabello se cae nuevamente. Creo que volveré a probar la espironolactona ya que me hace sentir como una mierda, pero al menos no obtendré la depresión y la falta total de motivación que recibo de Cypro. Hora de orinar y sudar todo el día otra vez. Aquí viene un ritmo cardíaco elevado y cortisol alto. No puedo esperar No he tenido una buena noche de sueño en meses. Maldito si lo hago y maldito si no lo hago. Supongo que preferiría ser condenado con el pelo. Joder mi vida Creo que voy a tener una siesta. Eso'

and if you add more estradiol ?? Maybe it's that you lack sexual hormones
the strongest antiandrogen regimen I had was 500 mg flutamide 5 mg finasteride and 200 mg spironolactone ... and I had hot flushes, tiredness, little strength I felt weak ... I was taking 4 mg estradiol and the symptoms were ... just a the 6 mg of estradiol improves ...
but I understand that taking all that estradiol is not what you want

That might be part of the problem. maybe I should up my e dose. are you saying you only felt better once you upped your estradiol dose to 6 mg?

don't worry so much. I, too, sucks from such a scheme. need to change the mode. you can only try estrogel and some kind of weak anti-androgen. side effects may not be .. I'm too tired

The thing is on lower doses of cypro my testosterone has been coming back.

I can empathize. Most of us are continually balancing side effects with efficacy. Are you not into minoxidil? Oral min is the sh*t! Why not phase out cypro and bring in oral min? Oral min and estro is a powerful combo. Then possibly dexamethasone topical, which in addition to addressing inflammatory issues increases scalp aromatase activity 9-fold.
I actually ordered cypro from in house a month or two ago when I was desperate but there was a credit card issue so it never shipped. I'm so thankful I never started that sh*t.

I wish I could take minoxidil my hair would probably be way better right now if I did.

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "nWo Wolfpac, post: 1779359, miembro: 132479"] Eso podría ser parte del problema. Tal vez debería aumentar mi e dosis. ¿Está diciendo que solo se dice mejor una vez que una dosis de estradiol a 6 mg [/ QUOTE]

if when adjusting the dose of estradiol it improves a lot especially the hot flashes and fatigue

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Does dexamethasone really increase head aromatase by a factor of 9? it's true? then this is the best medicine. but he has a lot of side effects.

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nWo Wolfpac
and I have the opposite. the higher the dose of CYPRO, the greater is the penis and the skin is oily like that of a peasant. and the penis is standing all the time. but from 2 mg the penis is not worth it and the skin is good. but then I really want to sleep. that's all weird. very strange. all work differently. f*** this