Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spirono is weak - pretty weak. 20mg minoxidil is amazing, you're looking at something better in terms of hair, I must say.

Even 25mg (or even 12.5mg) of bicalutamide would be great at blocking ARs with 100% guarantee of no sides except about 9% chances of gyno. It should also raise test by about 200% and estrogen by about 300%, so probability of getting feminizing sides (other than gyno) reduces.

I wouldn’t recommend 12.5MG/day to anyone unless they are using it in combination with a viable amount of estradiol. Within a woman, that could be a great dose for treating acne but within men it’s a different situation. I believe the minimum dose for treating androgenic alopecia would be 25MG/day...

Bicalutamide does lead to feminisation; that increase in T is blocked, which makes it irrelevant. T is just recognised by the brain, which lessens the potential for sexual side effects, etc. It’s just that the feminisation isn’t significant enough, it’s minor.

Something I have been wondering about is: since I have been taking E months prior to bicalutamide, would my E levels further increase? (Due to bicalutamide increasing E)

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn’t recommend 12.5MG/day to anyone unless they are using it in combination with a viable amount of estradiol. Within a woman, that could be a great dose for treating acne but within men it’s a different situation. I believe the minimum dose for treating androgenic alopecia would be 25MG/day...

Bicalutamide does lead to feminisation; that increase in T is blocked, which makes it irrelevant. T is just recognised by the brain, which lessens the potential for sexual side effects, etc. It’s just that the feminisation isn’t significant enough, it’s minor.

Something I have been wondering about is: since I have been taking E months prior to bicalutamide, would my E levels further increase? (Due to bicalutamide increasing E)
Yes, I meant that in addition to spironolactone.
Oh, thanks! Now, I understand how this all works. BTW, since T doesn't decrease - and in fact increases - shouldn't the feminising effects reverse after coming off bicalutamide?
In theory at least, your E levels should increase exponentially.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I meant that in addition to spironolactone.
Oh, thanks! Now, I understand how this all works. BTW, since T doesn't decrease - and in fact increases - shouldn't the feminising effects reverse after coming off bicalutamide?
In theory at least, your E levels should increase exponentially.

Yes, and your T will still be elevated.

I was assuming that, since starting bicalutamide my nipples have become more painful...

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy, f***!! Seems like I've lost a lot of hair from crown area in past 2 weeks. I don't understand the pattern of my hair loss - I lose them from every area of my scalp. My hairline is intact, but my crown has become bald.

Attachments

• IMG_20190611_160859.jpg
    IMG_20190611_160859.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 312

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Икарус, должность: 1805438, участник: 139443"] У женщин нет яичек ... [/ QUOTE]
Holy, f***!! Seems like I've lost a lot of hair from crown area in past 2 weeks. I don't understand the pattern of my hair loss - I lose them from every area of my scalp. My hairline is intact, but my crown has become bald.
What drugs did you take? What is your regimen?

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Икарус, должность: 1805438, участник: 139443"] У женщин нет яичек ... [/ QUOTE]

What drugs did you take? What is your regimen?
Yar.. It was already there - just has become more visible. Currently my regimen is very simple - 1) 1mg fina 2) minoxidil (with Retin-A and hydrocortisone) 3)oral minoxidil 4) msm 5) minoxidil + Finasteride topical combo (about 5 days a week)

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is evident that you have hair loss.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yar.. It was already there - just has become more visible. Currently my regimen is very simple - 1) 1mg fina 2) minoxidil (with Retin-A and hydrocortisone) 3)oral minoxidil 4) msm 5) minoxidil + Finasteride topical combo (about 5 days a week)
Take dutasteride 2.5 mg.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Imme, сообщение: 1805633, участник: 141627»] Яр .. Это уже было там - просто стало более заметным. 1) 1 мг финал 2) миноксидил (с ретином-А и гидрокортизоном) 3) оральный миноксидил 4) мсм 5) миноксидил + финастерид актуальных комбо (около 5 дней в неделю) [/ QUOTE]
add 2 ml of estradiol sublingually to your regimen, otherwise you will continue to lose hair. Antiandrogens cannot be taken without estrogenic drugs.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't count. It's normal to shed even without hairloss so I don't worry about it.
Thanks! So, I believe I'm unnecessary getting tensed by shed even when mine is not as severe as others. ( 30 to 100 hair counting all kind of hair.)

I just need some quality regrowth.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Imme, сообщение: 1805633, участник: 141627»] Яр .. Это уже было там - просто стало более заметным. 1) 1 мг финал 2) миноксидил (с ретином-А и гидрокортизоном) 3) оральный миноксидил 4) мсм 5) миноксидил + финастерид актуальных комбо (около 5 дней в неделю) [/ QUOTE]

add 2 ml of estradiol sublingually to your regimen, otherwise you will continue to lose hair. Antiandrogens cannot be taken without estrogenic drugs.
I can't. I do not want moobs. Also, many people have regrown hair w/o estrogen.

Thanks though. :)

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't. I do not want moobs. Also, many people have regrown hair w/o estrogen.

Thanks though. :)
if you are losing hair on one finasteride, then you do not have the required amount of endogenous estrogen! It is unacceptable to take antiandrogens without taking estrogens! Read the material part of the question, study!