Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey mate. Do you ever think and regret that you won't ever be getting into a relationship? Same question for you @Ikarus

I don't want a relationship. Why would I get in a relationship? Just to be cheated on, because not a single guy would not respect that I do not like 'the dirty'. And honestly, I don't mean to sound like a sexist *** b**ch but I find most men to be boring... Like, there is nothing to speak about and there is nothing I have in common with them at all... I would not risk my hair for a relationship that won't last, because I know for a fact that most 'men' my age lack maturity and that's something I hate!

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline remained so great; we have a similar pattern. I was actually going to end up a solid NWV if I didn't start medications, and my hairline was going to take a terrible hit due to this. I started the medications A.S.A.P. which lead to my hairline recovering rapidly and back to an NW1. Your hair is beautiful! It appears to have such a great texture, and pattern... Curly hair is the greatest! By the way, how do you get your E injections?

Thanks. Honestly never knew I had curly hair until I started growing it out. I get my meds from an endocrinologist at an LGBT center in LA.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want a relationship. Why would I get in a relationship? Just to be cheated on, because not a single guy would not respect that I do not like 'the dirty'. And honestly, I don't mean to sound like a sexist *** b**ch but I find most men to be boring... Like, there is nothing to speak about and there is nothing I have in common with them at all... I would not risk my hair for a relationship that won't last, because I know for a fact that most 'men' my age lack maturity and that's something I hate!
So you are a guy who like guys but not their penises? Why not girls?

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maturity is boring, to be honest.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you are a guy who like guys but not their penises? Why not girls?

I don't like female parts. I would date a woman, if I could force myself to have overall attraction to them, but it would just remain a physical attraction. I think women are beautiful, and they inspire me, but I can't imagine myself being in a relationship with one. I prefer an emotional and spiritual connection, that's important to me.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Honestly never knew I had curly hair until I started growing it out.
I want to grow mine too! but it took forever to start growing down instead of out (in a bush). mine is curly even at short lengths, only straight at really short lengths.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maturity is boring, to be honest.

Maturity is important. I greatly dislike those who lack morality and maturity. And honestly, I find relationships just to be a distraction from myself doing what I need to do in life. Another thing is that I determine someone based on their lifestyle, and whether they respect their parents. It's probably weird to do that, but it appears to be important to me.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to grow mine too! but it took forever to start growing down instead of out (in a bush). mine is curly even at short lengths, only straight at really short lengths.

Your hair is already gorgeous at it's current length, I can only imagine if it gets longer. It seems you also managed to skip over the awkward stage most people have to go through when growing it out.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maturity is important. I greatly dislike those who lack morality and maturity. And honestly, I find relationships just to be a distraction from myself doing what I need to do in life. Another thing is that I determine someone based on their lifestyle, and whether they respect their parents. It's probably weird to do that, but it appears to be important to me.
I meant sometime it just becomes boring. I agree with other things you said.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair is already gorgeous at it's current length, I can only imagine if it gets longer. It seems you also managed to skip over the awkward stage most people have to go through when growing it out.

When did you begin to notice regrowth?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks, I feel better now : )

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When did you begin to notice regrowth?

First thing I noticed was hairs sprouting near one of my temples (for some reason not the other one) after about 2 months maybe. Then I would just notice that after getting out of the shower my hair would be less and less patchy. About 6 months in, if I pulled my hair back I could notice lots small hairs sticking up throughout that couldn't be pulled back into a bun. It's a slow process though. A lot of times I would feel like there wasn't progress, then I'd compare pics to notice that there indeed had been some. Bridge got insane regrowth quicker than anyone I've seen, so not sure if it's a slower process for most.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You think these clinics are available in most countries?

Not sure honestly. I know I've seen people mention something like that on trans reddits for a couple European countries. But I'm not sure how a particular countries healtcare system would affect the regulations. For instance I believe some places require a certain length of time in gender therapy or other hurdles before prescribing HRT.

But if you are able to go through a Doctor, I definitely recommend it just so you can get blood tests to monitor your hormone levels which should help with any adjustments you need to make to your regimen than just figuring out completely trial and error. If i never got blood tests I would have had no clue that my estrone levels were completely through the roof.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure honestly. I know I've seen people mention something like that on trans reddits for a couple European countries. But I'm not sure how a particular countries healtcare system would affect the regulations. For instance I believe some places require a certain length of time in gender therapy or other hurdles before prescribing HRT.

But if you are able to go through a Doctor, I definitely recommend it just so you can get blood tests to monitor your hormone levels which should help with any adjustments you need to make to your regimen than just figuring out completely trial and error. If i never got blood tests I would have had no clue that my estrone levels were completely through the roof.
I just found a clinic treating bisexuals and trans etc. If I visit them, will telling the truth do the trick? (saying I want to take meds for hair loss)
What did you tell them in the clinic?

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just found a clinic treating bisexuals and trans etc. If I visit them, will telling the truth do the trick? (saying I want to take meds for hair loss)
What did you tell them in the clinic?

I've got no idea. I mean I think hairloss should be considered just as worthy a dysphoria for these meds, but it would be completely up to the discretion of the doctor. I told my Doctor I had gender issues. But obviously tell them whatever you are comfortable with. You can always order meds online like multiple people here do and then see a Doctor for blood tests if need be.