Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree with you. However, Ikarus followed his analyzes, as did DHTCEL. Ikarus had female hormone levels.

No one shared their lab work. Thanks for all the fish ladies.
10ng/dl
It is also not a fact that we necessarily need to completely block the receptors. Ein somehow got the result on a low dose of Bicalutamide, which suggests that we are wrong in the theoretical calculations. There are also factors such as T concentration in different tissues, which we do not know. Therefore, it remains only to empirically look for the right dosage, I am doing this right now. I also know someone who got 75mg Bica, even though his T was 1150 ng / dl. That is why I assume that dosages from 100mg are unnecessary, and 50-75 are enough to block T in the skin.
If you admit that we are wrong in theorical calculations then I guess there is no point correcting me about the calculation.

Anyway, it all depends and everyone is different. Some mtf patients still lose their hair even after orectomy. There are more than one path to get DHT production than just gonads. Bica can always help but to some extent Some ladies experience remasculanisation. So it's not a done deal. It would be interesting to hear from the ones that have recovered what has happened overtime.

Last edited:

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you admit that we are wrong in theorical calculations then I guess there is no point correcting me about the calculation.
I have corrected you in the dosage calculation to completely stop the activation of the AR receptor in the prostate. But he added that it is not a fact that the same dose is needed for the scalp
Anyway, it all depends and everyone is different. Some mtf patients still lose their hair even after orectomy
Yes, there are cases when there is no way out other than a complete trans transition (. I hope this is not about me

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I finally got rid of the blackheads on my nose. Bicalutamide reduces pores and oil production, it is comfortable

This suggests that it worked well on the face and scalp. I wonder how the follicles will react to this. Look forward to

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one shared their lab work. Thanks for all the fish ladies.

Anyway, it all depends and everyone is different. Some mtf patients still lose their hair even after orectomy. There are more than one path to get DHT production than just gonads. Bica can always help but to some extent Some ladies experience remasculanisation. So it's not a done deal. It would be interesting to hear from the ones that have recovered what has happened overtime.
On reddit, transtimelines, I read that DHT gets formed through 3 (/4 pathways), and sometimes... the other pathways tank the lost DHT (through the adrenal androgens and other precursors (DHEA-S, P, T (gonadal) and T (from DHEA-S (adrenal))).

I have problems with my adrenal gland and I just HOPE Bicalutamide will work for me, if not, then I am done lol. I will try using Resveratrol and maybe Metformin.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's counter productive to take them together, Bicaludamide and avodart inhibit the metabolism of progesterone including progestins like CPA, all three drugs are extensively metabolized by the CYP3A4 enzyme. Bicaludamide has been shown to inhibit CYP3A4 in preclinical trials, but no recorded evidence of Bicaludamide inhibiting CYP3A4 is shown, so it may or may not inhibit CYP3A4 in humans. But still Bicaludamide and Dutasteride both inhibit the metabolism of CPA and progesterone, I need CPA, it's effects are more along the lines of what i desire. I may slowly transition from CPA to bio-identical micronized progesterone (Prometrium) as my testosterone blocker, because it's as effective as CPA and lowers LH and FSH without the Brain tumor risk that CPA carries, even though Prometriums side effects list is much longer. The only thing ive noticed from Prometrium is better, longer, deeper sleep, and I'm more hostile, moody but not in a way that makes me feel bad it's more like I'm just, meaner lol.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have corrected you in the dosage calculation to completely stop the activation of the AR receptor in the prostate. But he added that it is not a fact that the same dose is needed for the scalp

Yes, there are cases when there is no way out other than a complete trans transition (. I hope this is not about me
That is not even a way to tell that's a cure. Gonadal pathway is one source of androgen production.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
A while ago, did someone say that bicalutamide and dutasteride have an interaction? Can someone explain this?
I can't find the quotation a member made back then, but it's better using Finasteride, what I gathered from a few users. Tho nobody here's a doctor lmfao.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't find the quotation a member made back then, but it's better using Finasteride, what I gathered from a few users.
Better using Fina than Duta? I'd like to hear the explanation.

Most doctors don't even know what is Bica.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Better using Fina than Duta? I'd like to hear the explanation.

Most doctors don't even know what is Bica.
I was just saying. I try to find the stuff members added back then, I saw, but I can't find it to proof that...

Either way, I actually can't seem to find a probelm of using Dutasteride and Bicalutamide together...

No and yes, most doctors don't know what Bicalutamide is, but happily my andrologist knows, lol!

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then you are in better hands than most. Dr Powers prescription includes both Duta & Bica for trans patients with male pattern baldness.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then you are in better hands than most. Dr Powers prescription includes both Duta & Bica for trans patients with male pattern baldness.
I am not transgender, however haha.
I think the threads' name gives you a little insight into my personality.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
On reddit, transtimelines, I read that DHT gets formed through 3 (/4 pathways), and sometimes... the other pathways tank the lost DHT (through the adrenal androgens and other precursors (DHEA-S, P, T (gonadal) and T (from DHEA-S (adrenal))).

I have problems with my adrenal gland and I just HOPE Bicalutamide will work for me, if not, then I am done lol. I will try using Resveratrol and maybe Metformin.

The following protocol emerged: (credit /r/estrogen)

Each step should be separated by a few weeks to find the minimal set of changes needed:
  • [1] Stop progesterone to starve the backdoor pathway
  • [2a] If not on bicalutamide, replace your current AA by just bicalutamide
  • [2b] If already on bicalutamide, try to raise bicalutamide dose (given the binding affinity)
  • [3] Add dutasteride to bicalutamide. do not use finasteride as an alternative to dutasteride as it doesn't block all isoforms of 5AR
  • [4] If the problem persist, check DHEA levels or the androsterone to etiocholanolone ratio to confirm the adrenal origin through the frontdoor pathway which shouldn't be operating
  • [5] WORK IN PROGRESS
At step 5, if the adrenal origin is confirmed, adding spironolactone or low dose dexamethosone are being investigated as alternatives to abiraterone. Nothing of that can be recommended yet as a step 5. We will know more after the literature review

Still, if you suffer from high DHT or signs of remasculinization, please try this.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score

Each step should be separated by a few weeks to find the minimal set of changes needed:
  • [2b] If already on bicalutamide, try to raise bicalutamide dose (given the binding affinity)
  • [3] Add dutasteride to bicalutamide. do not use finasteride as an alternative to dutasteride as it doesn't block all isoforms of 5AR
  • [4] If the problem persist, check DHEA levels or the androsterone to etiocholanolone ratio to confirm the adrenal origin through the frontdoor pathway which shouldn't be operating
  • [5] WORK IN PROGRESS
At step 5, if the adrenal origin is confirmed, adding spironolactone or low dose dexamethosone are being investigated as alternatives to abiraterone. Nothing of that can be recommended yet as a step 5. We will know more after the literature review

Still, if you suffer from high DHT or signs of remasculinization, please try this.
Yes, but buddy, I think Abiraterone Acetat would be too much for a cis-men wanting to get nuclear, or?

I will save this post and mark it, thank you soo much John!

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Abiaterone would be dangerous, really. it's not worth it for the sake of hair. Sure, if you got resistant PC, then you NEED it, but for hair... then you should rather visit a psychologist.

I just hope so much that Bica + finasteride/duta will help me, even Resveratrol... oof

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

• [5] WORK IN PROGRESS

How was your experience with betamethasone, and would you reccomend it in addition to a full hrt regimen?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Adding spironolactone could work as a cheap replacement to AC Dex could be used to lower DHEA. I am not a doctor. But as it stands there 3 ways you can get DHT in your blood. Cutting physically or chemically on of them works for 96% of the people transitioning.

Attachments

• b5666c1.jpg
    b5666c1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Frontdoor-pink-primary-backdoor-green-and-secondary-backdoor-blue-pathways-to-5-a.png
    Frontdoor-pink-primary-backdoor-green-and-secondary-backdoor-blue-pathways-to-5-a.png
    257.5 KB · Views: 107

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps another reason that fina/duta only block 40-60% of scalp DHT specifically
DHT does not get formed only by 5AR. It gets formed in the tissue from DHEA-S to, well, DHT. And many more ways.bicalutamide should anyways block that DHT, but in some rare cases, the other DHT pathways tank all the lost DHT and you remasculinize and continue to lose hair, as John explained.

I wonder how you can reduce the ACTH signaling ...