Female But Needing To Talk About This

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doing too much at the same time is not a good idea, you won't know what works and it can cause the opposite of what you are aiming for.
Any sides on duta? My first fear is weight gain...[/QUOTE
Hey hun, problem is I am on so many meds for my hormones, depression etc it’s hard to know what’s causing any sides. So far 4 days in I am noticing HUGE shedding. Like a proper Telogen Effluvium shed. No idea if I can attribute that to the avodart or the 4 monthly minoxidil shed to be honest. I have not noticed any weight gain.

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can buy 2% Keto over the counter here. I makes me shed like nuts every single time. I also dermaroll every time. I started all that back in 2015. I will say my hairline is WAYYYY better than it was. My derm thought I had frontal fibrosing alopecia for a while before we did all the scalp biospies.
Found the b**ch

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Huh are you doing it every day? I've been taking the every 2-3 weeks approach with a very long pin (1.5 mm, gonna move to 2 soon).
No I only ever did Keto once a week. I don’t know. Every single damn thing makes my hair shed.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not a doctor but malnutrition in people that tend to suffer from anorexia/bulimia is known to cause hairloss. Instead of using a bunch of chemicals maybe make sure that's not the issue first. Next thing i'd check is iron levels and then thyroid function to make sure those aren't screwed up.
Hey I’ve been recovered for 5 years now. Healthy weight.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can buy 2% Keto over the counter here. I makes me shed like nuts every single time. I also dermaroll every time. I started all that back in 2015. I will say my hairline is WAYYYY better than it was. My derm thought I had frontal fibrosing alopecia for a while before we did all the scalp biospies.
Sorry I meant to say I dermaroll twice a week

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't know, you look pretty skinny to me. I don't doubt that's an improvement over your condition but if i didn't know better i would think you still have a weight issue but that's just my opinion.
I was 30kg. I now weigh 55. Also since that last gym photo I have gained 5kg.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was 30kg. I now weigh 55. Also since that last gym photo I have gained 5kg.

Is it muscle or fat though? Sorry to be nitpicky but as bro-scientists we just have to kind of throw sh*t at the wall and hope it sticks. Muscle will increase androgens while fat will increase estrogen. Also, maybe I missed it but do you have a single identifiable hormonal disorder?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it muscle or fat though? Sorry to be nitpicky but as bro-scientists we just have to kind of throw sh*t at the wall and hope it sticks. Muscle will increase androgens while fat will increase estrogen. Also, maybe I missed it but do you have a single identifiable hormonal disorder?
Haha it’s ok. Yes I monitor my body fat levels because it’s part of what caused my premature ovarian failure. I have to stay above 10%, and am currently at around 15%

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have something called hypogonadotophic hypogondasim. I also went through menopause. SO my brain doesn’t produce luetenising hormone and my ovaries don’t produce estrogen.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have something called hypogonadotophic hypogondasim. I also went through menopause. SO my brain doesn’t produce luetenising hormone and my ovaries don’t produce estrogen.

f***. Was that because of the anorexia? I heard the woman who played Sarah Connor went through the same thing when doing T2, she got too fit and lost too much body fat. That's fucked up :( Is there any prospect of a total recovery or will you need hormones for the rest of your life? :(