Folexen: New Hair Loss Treatment based on S-Equol

alec baldwin

Reaction score
Here's a good article about functions of DHT in the body: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/reform8.htm
After reading it you will understand that binding too much DHT will likely give you sides sooner or later. The point I think is to find one's personal dosage that yields benefits for hair and gives no sides. I've ordered 5 bottles. Will start small and report if something happens.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am now taking 10mg a day and feel fine.

I've also had my anti-depressants upped from 20mg to 30mg on the same day I upped Equol to 10mg.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I am now taking 10mg a day and feel fine.

I've also had my anti-depressants upped from 20mg to 30mg on the same day I upped Equol to 10mg.

Yeah, I am in no way hurting libido-wise....morning wood no problem....

I just think it's going to take a good couple of months, at least, to notice anything....The best to hope for is a halt--- that should be one's expectation level....it would be nice if some of the finer, thinner hairs start coming in thicker, but at this stage, need to stop the bleeding..

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Last 2 hair sheds were down from the usual 150-170 hairs per day (well its every other day since I only count them on the days when I wash hair which is every other day) to 120 and 107. I have been taking 3 times per day to ensure that there is equol in my system at all times.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Last 2 hair sheds were down from the usual 150-170 hairs per day (well its every other day since I only count them on the days when I wash hair which is every other day) to 120 and 107. I have been taking 3 times per day to ensure that there is equol in my system at all times.

good news...since hitting DHT levels is getting to the issue indirectly, it makes sense that results will happen progressively...For me, there are fine, thin hairs that are due to fall out but if my DHT levels are falling out, there will be a wacky period of adjustment....it will take time...

but this is good LawOfT!

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been lurking on this thread for a while and am ready to give folexen a try for my self as I don't really have any options left at the point. Before I order from folexen I just want to ask those who have already begun using it, do you feel certain that the product you received was legitimate and folexen is a legit company? I know this has already been discussed but now that it's been a little while since users here have started folexen I just want to know if you all think it is the real stuff. And I'm excited to hear more results.
Is there another option? Or options? And since this comes from another country, Australia, does it inspect or govern products like this?

Also did the company provide samples for admins here to try and report on it's efficacy? I feel that action would have provided much credibility to the product. Without such I'm not so urgent to try it.

- - - Updated - - -

How long in total have you been taking it?
Were you taking it 3 times a day the entire time or just recently?
How much per time, 3mg x 3 = 10mg (close to it)?

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Close to 10 mg each time. Vary between 9-12 capsule daily. About 25 mg on avg. I'd do it constant 30 but I need to make my bottles last till I get more. I have equol coming from a cheaper source currently.

Been doing 25-30 for about a wk.

been splitting the dose into three for about a wk (once on waking up, once about halfway thru the day, once at bedtime).

resu

Reaction score
Shouldn't this also reduce body hair? Maybe not that dramatically but you should see a difference I imagine.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Shouldn't this also reduce body hair? Maybe not that dramatically but you should see a difference I imagine.

yeah, I am observing that part of it closely...I am watching all that peach fuzz on my neck and shoulders so hopefully that crap just falls out...

- - - Updated - - -

been splitting the dose into three for about a wk (once on waking up, once about halfway thru the day, once at bedtime).

...I think this is a very good point and makes very good sense...we're always converting Testosterone to DHT so as soon as new DHT is created, you want something there to bind to it to keep from getting to your scalp..

..good call LawofT!

- - - Updated - - -

I have equol coming from a cheaper source currently..

You gonna share?? :listen:

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have order 12 bottles, which will last +6 months at 15mg daily.

It's early I know but I think my acne may have improved, at least on my head. I think it's improved on my chest and back as well.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I have order 12 bottles, which will last +6 months at 15mg daily.

It's early I know but I think my acne may have improved, at least on my head. I think it's improved on my chest and back as well.

The thing that pisses me off is that Equol has been around for a number of years now....I could be way ahead of the game if I would have known...

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Ordering in bulk is the right move to make. Saves you a lot long term, not only on the product itself and in shipping.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing that pisses me off is that Equol has been around for a number of years now....I could be way ahead of the game if I would have known...

I think part of this is how fickle people are in general. A few people took densiti a couple years back which was an entirely different line of approach with trying to convert your body into being an equol producer, it didn't work, and therefore people drew the erroneous conclusion that equol doesn't work.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A Japanese physician wrote a book in the 90s about the prevalence of certain diseases in the Japanese and how certain ones were increasing as they shifted from the traditional diet to western diets. I have not read the book or surveyed his data. Among the increasing ones he noted was male pattern baldness. its often anecdotally reported that Asians living in Asia have less balding than those in America. This could be due to their production of equol from their diets keeping the ill effect of dihydrotestosterone on their hair follicles to a minimal or it could be due to their not having the gene mutations associated with androgen sensitivity and overexpressed androgen receptors. Or it could be a combination of factors.

It'd be interesting to see the frequencies of those genes associated with balding in the Asian populations.