Folexen: New Hair Loss Treatment based on S-Equol

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Do you think it's helping you Sparx?

Too early to tell...I have a lot of thin hairs that are due to fall out...nothing will stop those from falling out...

It's just been a little under two weeks...need more time..

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i did not. i didnt receive the product yet. i intend to continue using it internally. i have another product coming which i will use topically.

pinotq

Reaction score
FYI Pharmavite (Nature Made) is readying S-Equol for product launch (http://www.naturalequol.com/Sampling_Trial.aspx) and they are currently conducting consumer sampling trials for women with menopause at the 10 mg per day (5 mg in am and 5 mg in pm) dosage. These "sampling" trials began in early 2012. It is unclear when the product will be released but if you go to their website you can check out the summary of some of the results of their clinical trials (http://www.naturalequol.com/news.aspx). Note that Pharmavite is currently focusing on S-Equol as a treatment for menopause because S-Equol acts upon both the androgen and estrogen hormone. See this article from 2004 (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/03/040330090046.htm) "The novelty of equol is that it both inhibits androgen hormone and influences estrogen hormone action," adds Edwin Lephart, PhD, professor of physiology and developmental biology and director of the Neuroscience Center at Brigham Young University. "We do not know of any other molecule that possesses these important biochemical properties.". Based on the fact that S-Equol occurs naturally in a certain percentage of the population and bolstered by Pharmavites research, it would appear S-Equol is very safe at least within certain dosing ranges which we can presume is at least 10mg per day and probably much higher. The question would seem to be what dosage is needed to neutralize DHT. Note the pharmacokinetics of S-Equol: "Natural S-equol is rapidly absorbed after oral administration. A pharmacokinetics evaluation of 12 healthy post-menopausal US women, including equol producers and non-equol producers, showed that after a single dose of Natural S-equol, 82% appeared in the urine within 48 hours. 75% of Natural S-equol was recovered in the urine in the first 12 hours. The plasma peak for Natural S-equol was reached at one hour and the half life was 8 hours." Since S-Equol reaches peak plasma concentration in 1 hour and becomes half as potent in 8 hours, dosing 3 times per day would seem be a reasonably way to maintain a more consistent level in your system.

Natural S-equol is rapidly absorbed after oral administration. A pharmacokinetics evaluation of 12 healthy post-menopausal US women, including equol producers and non-equol producers, showed that after a single dose of Natural S-equol, 82% appeared in the urine within 48 hours. 75% of Natural S-equol was recovered in the urine in the first 12 hours. The plasma peak for Natural S-equol was reached at one hour and the half life was 8 hours.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Just got my Folexen in...took a month to get...jeezus...crappy packaging, it was 5 bottles gift wrapped, not even in a box...it was ripped up, etc...

for crissakes, these people need to get their crap together

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is that one drying and alcohol based? My hair can't stand either. i need something in a moisturizing base.

It's ASC-J9 , the androgen receptor degradation enhancer. I have to mix it into vehicle myself. You could use a cream vehicle for it, and that has been suggested to me as the better approach, but if you need it for the whole head I don't think you could get away with a cream without it looking bad.

I wouldnt worry about the drying nature of alcohol based vehicles. Thats why they make leave in conditioners and hair oils. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Just got my Folexen in...took a month to get...jeezus...crappy packaging, it was 5 bottles gift wrapped, not even in a box...it was ripped up, etc...

for crissakes, these people need to get their crap together

Yep I agree. it's bad for their business model to not even ship their product in a professional manner that prevents damage to the product. makes them look inept. if they are inept in shipping, they might be inept in other areas as well. boxes can be gotten for really cheap in bulk. theres no excuse for it to not be packaged right. tho it possible they are using the flimsy envelopes to qualify for what would be flat rate priority mail envelope in the states, which could be saving you money on shipment. idk. i dont live AU and dont know their shipping rates like I know the US rates

Jacob

Reaction score
So what would you have me do, keep pumping myself with 1g of Chromium every day ....cuz that's what it is taking EquolSlim...There are no other options for Equol out there...

There's also Prostizine..or whatever. I think if you're willing to take equol you shouldn't worry about the chromium. After all..some here are talking about side-effects from equol. Wait..there can't be any...:ermm:

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well, as long as there is legitimate S-Equol in there ~ zeroes, maybe you should scope out the situation :jump:

I could if I didn't live in a different state. I've never been to Sydney and it doesn't interest me.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dosing 3 times per day would seem be a reasonably way to maintain a more consistent level in your system.

Good. I am glad to see something which reinforces the protocol I have been following.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Good. I am glad to see something which reinforces the protocol I have been following.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Well, that isn't very scientific from me, but from studies on Equol, it goes through your system fast...half-life of like 8 hours...So I would think once you get DHT levels to a certain point, then you need to maintain a steady concentration...doing it three times a day seems harmless...

...so are you popping the capsules or dumping the contents into something??? I think I am going to split the capsules and dump into a glass of soy milk...

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Harmless? I didn't say it was harmful. I said it's what I've been doing -- taking it three times daily to keep DHT stably low. No not popping the capsules. See no reason to go through that trouble. If you think it matters you can just order powder directly from folexen.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
After reading about the half life, once I get the 12 bottles I am going to take 2 caps 3 x daily.

Law how are sides going?

I've had no sides since day 1.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
LoT,
it's good that you have no sides but do you feel your shedding has decreased since taking folexen ?
I hesitate between trying folexen or neogenic, because I can't afford both.

Either way it's a crap-shoot...no one knows if either will work...but with Equol, there is a lot of scientific evidence behind it's action, so it is worth a shot to start there....Neogenic is a whole different ball-game -- you're going on blind-faith there