Folexen: New Hair Loss Treatment based on S-Equol

Gee

Reaction score
Well Sparx, I just don't know the answer to the dosage question. I'm not sure anyone does. To me the safest (and cheapest) way is to use it as directed which is what I'll do for 6 months.

If there's no benefit I'll stop after that.

- - - Updated - - -

The Natural- as I said, I don't blame you for being suspicious.

But I posted no "glowing review" of Folexen, just some facts about my experiences with them so far.

I'm absolutely NOT trying to get people to spend their money on Folexen, that's for them to decide. Just trying to ensure the picture was a bit more representative of my -fairly positive- experience thus far.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Well Sparx, I just don't know the answer to the dosage question. I'm not sure anyone does. To me the safest (and cheapest) way is to use it as directed which is what I'll do for 6 months.

If there's no benefit I'll stop after that.

For me, I am not worried at all about the safety of Equol itself -- I am more concerned about what that crappy blue capsule is made out of and the other crap put in there...Folexen's capsule claims 2.5g of Equol..EquolSlim claims 4.5g....let me tell, the Folexen capsule has contains more STUFF, physically, then the EquoSlim capsule, yet has less Equol....that is strange and makes me think twice about this brand

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sparx, everything in this country is expensive. If Folexen was based in the US, the product would be half the price. That is the reason why I would love to find S-Equol from the US or some other country.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Sparx, everything in this country is expensive. If Folexen was based in the US, the product would be half the price. That is the reason why I would love to find S-Equol from the US or some other country.

well, I don't think so in this case...EquolSlim works out to about the same price per gram of Equol

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is a miracle. Our minimum 18+ wage is something like $15 an hour excluding Super.

Jacob

Reaction score
TheNatural and Jacob :mrgreen:
View attachment 18211
Seriously guys, why do you spend so much time on this thread if you think that Folexen is a fraud or isn't working?
You successfully got the guy from the company banned, now you accuse someone who has positive things to say about Folexen (indirectly) to be affiliated with Folexen.
What's your mission here?

It's good to be critical and all but don't you want this to work? I don't want people to waste their money either if something doesn't work but I sure want to find out if this thing works and I am happy if there are people trying it.

1. I don't spend so much time on this thread.
2. I've never said it's/they're a fraud or that it doesn't work. I'm raising questions..pointing things out. Others are doing the same..especially now.
3. I posted about EquoSlim and Prostizine that contain equol. I'm not saying one way or the other if any of these equol products will "work".
4. Any company posting here gets banned.

- - - Updated - - -

What was the issue with Chromium btw? Someone(Sparx?) mentioned that he was hesitant about Equolslim because of it. The only issue I can see is just a few examples where there was a problem(see how much/how long it was taken..etc): http://www.livestrong.com/article/3...fects-of-taking-too-much-chromium-picolinate/

Notice too that they're talking about chromium picolinate. GTF chromium is in EquolSlim..if that makes any difference.

Dr. Weil states:
Are there any risks associated with too much chromium?
Researchers have not found any toxic effects that result from taking high doses of chromium.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02868/chromium.html

- - - Updated - - -

Edit:
Because it is a Food and not ground up rock, 100% Food Chromium GTF is easier on the digestive system than other chromium supplements and can often be better tolerated by sensitive individuals.

Please also understand that chromium picolinate is a human-made substance, apparently created by Gary Evans [8,10]--it is not a natural food. Picolinic acid is used in herbicides [9]; furthermore “picolinic acid is an excretory or waste product. It is not metabolized by, or useful to the body” [11]. Scientists report, “some research groups recently suggested that chromium (III) picolinate produces significantly more oxidative stress and potential DNA damage than other chromium supplements” [3].

http://www.foodresearch.info/prod_chromium.html

Sparky4444

Reaction score
30 grams equol arrived.

i will up to 100 miligrams / day once my precision scale arrives.

whoa! That's almost a year at 100mg/day for that price??? OK, we need to know where to get this...

I am 4 weeks in averaging about 20mg/day now, but I honestly don't think that is enough...

no sides at all...morning wood and no problem with the bone

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
1. I don't spend so much time on this thread.
2. I've never said it's/they're a fraud or that it doesn't work. I'm raising questions..pointing things out. Others are doing the same..especially now.
3. I posted about EquoSlim and Prostizine that contain equol. I'm not saying one way or the other if any of these equol products will "work".
4. Any company posting here gets banned.
I know I know. It's all good, sometimes I think this forum gets a bit overly depressing and negative. You have more experience than me so you have probably seen a lot more scams too. Let's hope Folexen is not one of them!

Can someone enlighten me why everyone is now talking of overdosing (significantly) when nobody has tested the product at the recommended dose long enough to see if it works? Do you think that's a good idea?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I know I know. It's all good, sometimes I think this forum gets a bit overly depressing and negative. You have more experience than me so you have probably seen a lot more scams too. Let's hope Folexen is not one of them!

Can someone enlighten me why everyone is now talking of overdosing (significantly) when nobody has tested the product at the recommended dose long enough to see if it works? Do you think that's a good idea?

Because the only proof we have is that something like 3mg/day bound to about 30% DHT, or something like that....The working theory is that the bind rate is linear, but there is no proof of that....So the best thing is to load up to get the affect realized...

...and to say "overdosing" is kind of silly....this isn't a drug....it's a natural substance and basically amounts to a nutrition supplement....

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score

From published peer reviewed research it is believe safe up to even hundreds of miligrams / day.

I will say there are a few potential limitations compared to finasteride but I gotta jet. I'll elaborate when I return.

- - - Updated - - -

so, one limitation here compared to finasteride could be that when finasteride inhibits the enzyme it takes the body ample time to regenerate the enzyme, which keeps the level of dihydrotestosterone also suppressed. this is even despite fins short have life in the body. it just takes the body time to regenerate the 5alpha reductase enzyme. this gives finasteride somewhat a insensitivity to dosing or the occasionaly forgotten dose. you miss your dose and DHT wont bounce right back. dutasteride obviously has this fact plus its extraordinarily long half life in the body giving an even greater insensitivity to dosing or missed doses. with equol you dont have this luxury since it does not work via the 5ar enzymes. it has been suggested by review of the pharmacokinetics to dose equol 3x daily. this is frankly somewhat of a pain. you will miss doses doing it that way. i suppose you can just take more of a dose at one time, ut the half life is still short. the level of equol in your body will directly relate to the level of dht. equol leaves the body, it is no longer there to bind dht. this will give fluctuating levels of DHT, wheras with the 5ar inhibitors it suppresses some of the fluctuation.

with this in mind it makes me that much more certain that the 10 mg a day dose split in two is absolutely insufficient to impact the progression of Androgenetic Alopecia.

structured001

Reaction score
Hi Guys, a while back someone wanted to know the address for Folexen in Australia. I just received a package from them and the return address is:
Eclipse Neutraceuticals
Suite 68
460 Jones Street
Ultimo, NSW 2007
Australia.

Luxurious

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that address. On google maps this looks to be an apartment complex with a few small shops in front. This is less than 2 miles from the Australian Technology Park which is probably why the folexen rep told me they were at the ATP. That is a little sketchy in my opinion.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
From published peer reviewed research it is believe safe up to even hundreds of miligrams / day.

I will say there are a few potential limitations compared to finasteride but I gotta jet. I'll elaborate when I return.

- - - Updated - - -

so, one limitation here compared to finasteride could be that when finasteride inhibits the enzyme it takes the body ample time to regenerate the enzyme, which keeps the level of dihydrotestosterone also suppressed. this is even despite fins short have life in the body. it just takes the body time to regenerate the 5alpha reductase enzyme. this gives finasteride somewhat a insensitivity to dosing or the occasionaly forgotten dose. you miss your dose and DHT wont bounce right back. dutasteride obviously has this fact plus its extraordinarily long half life in the body giving an even greater insensitivity to dosing or missed doses. with equol you dont have this luxury since it does not work via the 5ar enzymes. it has been suggested by review of the pharmacokinetics to dose equol 3x daily. this is frankly somewhat of a pain. you will miss doses doing it that way. i suppose you can just take more of a dose at one time, ut the half life is still short. the level of equol in your body will directly relate to the level of dht. equol leaves the body, it is no longer there to bind dht. this will give fluctuating levels of DHT, wheras with the 5ar inhibitors it suppresses some of the fluctuation.

with this in mind it makes me that much more certain that the 10 mg a day dose split in two is absolutely insufficient to impact the progression of Androgenetic Alopecia.

Thanks for elaborating on your thoughts. I am aware of these properties of finasteride and Equol but not of the review of pharmacokinetics suggestion. However it is still a stretch in your line of argument, if I may say, to assume that you can make up for not dosing 3x a day by a higher dose. This essentially is why you conclude you must take a high dose or is it because 10mg only bind 30% of DHT (if I remember correctly)?

- - - Updated - - -

...and to say "overdosing" is kind of silly....this isn't a drug....it's a natural substance and basically amounts to a nutrition supplement....

I was referring to overdosing as related to the recommended dose by Folexen. I know this is not a drug. Still it is a substance not all humans develop internally. You can also "overdose" on apple juice and get diarrhea. Maybe this isn't the correct word for it, forgive me English is not my native tongue.

- - - Updated - - -

I am very excited about the possibility to combine a very low dose of finasteride with Equol and let side effects become history. If it proves effective and we ever get to this point.

Mr Blonde

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that address. On google maps this looks to be an apartment complex with a few small shops in front. This is less than 2 miles from the Australian Technology Park which is probably why the folexen rep told me they were at the ATP. That is a little sketchy in my opinion.

The lab is more than likely in ATP. It would be a clean room enviroment and I'd imagine the product is packaged and shipped in a different building as it wouldn't be good practice or maybe there isn't enough room for both in the technology park. Makes sense to me. I have just received a package from them also and will upload pics shortly.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
...you know what, as long as the cap's are loaded with S-Equol as advertised, I'm OK....Let's face it, it would be really easy to do up a slick website and package up some crappy blue capsules filled with ground up granola and sell enough to make a real quick healthy profit -- then bugger off to never be seen again...

...this wreaks of scam all over it...

Mr Blonde

Reaction score
So I received my order of two bottles of S-Equol today from Folexen. I will attempt to give you as much product information as possible and my impressions.

I placed my order on the 4th of September and received it today, the 14th. 10 days from Australia to Ireland is not bad.

72 euros for both bottles plus shipping, thats 94 dollars or 58 sterling.

Here is the price breakdown from the order approval email

Item Quantity Price Total
100x 2.5mg S-equol capsules 2 AUD 38.00 AUD 76.00
Postage fee AUD 12.50
Grand total AUD 88.50

It equates to 71.33euro, a charge of 72 appeared on my credit card on the 5th of September.

ANDY AND TED ARNCLIFFE was the name that came with the charge.

In the first picture below you will see the address and logo. Its confirms what structured001 posted earlier.

The second picture shows the tough bag it shipped in, which is basically a sterdy cardboard envelope.

The Third picture shows another level of packaging within the tough bag.

The fourth pic is to give an idea of scale of the bottles, as you can see they are larger than your average pill bottle.

The fifth pic is out of sequence, I meant to post this last but screwed up, it shows the content of one of the opened pills, this is about 3/4 of the content, the pill seperates into a large and small section, I consumed the smaller section out of risk of spillage before pouring the contents of the larger half in the bottles unscrewed cap.

The sixth picture is the label on the back of the bottle, it shows all ingredients and an expiration date with some other information. In case you are having trouble reading this, its as follows: Recommended usage: 2 capsules each morning and 2 capsules each evening, before or with food. Ingredients: S-Equol, Starch, Maitodextrin, Allantoin, Propionic Acid, Hypromellose. Batch: 004 Expiry Date: 01/09/2015 Made in Australia.

The seventh pic is a scale idea of two pills that will consume, on the large side but they went down easy.

The eight pic is one of the opened pills so you can get clarification of the substance inside.

My impression: The delivery time was good. The packaging was good and I was happy with the security. The bottle and pills were larger than I expected. The asthetics did not blow me away or dissappoint either. It looked reasonably professional to me and on the subtle side. Overall I am happy thus far. The real key will be results of the progress of my hair and sides. I will keep you posted how I get on with this two month supply.

Attachments

• 20120914_145521.jpg
    20120914_145521.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 375
  • 20120914_145531.jpg
    20120914_145531.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 295
  • 20120914_150704.jpg
    20120914_150704.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 289
  • 20120914_155026.jpg
    20120914_155026.jpg